Jun 12 2014
By: Stevenb I Only Post Everything 1078 posts

mvp discussion

73 replies 735 views Edited Jun 12, 2014

i know the mvp's replaced the hcv program but i haven't seen any mvp's around home helping the new people or even us veterans of home out with thing's . i remember going into home just a few year's ago and running into a hcv and watching them explain where thing's are or how to get thing's done . so what are your thought's ?

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1 of 74 (735 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: mvp discussion

Jun 12, 2014

Stevenb wrote:

i know the mvp's replaced the hcv program but i haven't seen any mvp's around home helping the new people or even us veterans of home out with thing's . i remember going into home just a few year's ago and running into a hcv and watching them explain where thing's are or how to get thing's done . so what are your thought's ?

MVP's do a lot things besides Home, and only a small faction of them are Home Guides, from what I understand. As for why you don't seem to see them as often as we did in the past, I can't really say. I'm sure one of the Home Guides can speak more knowledgeably about that subject. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 74 (732 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

Stevenb wrote:

MVP's do a lot things besides Home, and only a small faction of them are Home Guides, from what I understand. As for why you don't seem to see them as often as we did in the past, I can't really say. I'm sure one of the Home Guides can speak more knowledgeably about that subject. Smiley Happy

I think i know why remember the guide icon? the guide icon help make MVP more identifiable to newbie on home but the jacket isn't getting any more identify

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 3 of 74 (719 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Un0-0n3unique wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

Stevenb wrote:

I think i know why remember the guide icon? the guide icon help make MVP more identifiable to newbie on home but the jacket isn't getting any more identify

I agree that the loss of the guide beacon is a detriment to the Home Guide portion of the MVP program and it's loss might even discourage members from being as active as they once were, but I could be wrong.

Message 4 of 74 (712 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jun 12, 2014
Yup, we're still around, just beacon-less. Feel free to approach us anytime!

Message 5 of 74 (698 Views)
Big Daddy
12467 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

Stevenb wrote:

Well the HCV and now MVP/Guide program was/is a failed execution of a good idea. While it had it's heyday, that's long past. The people responsible for it's demise and it being the joke that it is, are the ones in it.

If you go back prior to the HCV program being combined with the MVP's, there was almost 50 HCV's, and 95% were inactive. Some weren't even using Home at all. You'd think that the graceful think would be to bow out and make room for someone that would be active. Sadly, this was never the case. Just like the Marines, once a HCV, always a HCV.

The usefulness of the program died when the presale tours of Sony spaces stopped. The community events they held were nothing more than an excuse for a few buddies to get together and hang out, much like the now defunct community blog parties. One of the biggest jokes going around Home was, Where do you find an HCV? Hanging out with other HCV's.

While the program in it's current state has no real value, it's the worst it's ever been. The desire to help people isn't the reason why most applied or are even in it. It has become nothing more than a title and status symbol. Some of the recent inductees, and even most before that, are clear proof.

The funny thing was, is that in the past, if anyone posted calling the program out for what it was, HCV's and even GlassWalls himself would come crawling out of the woodwork with the most idiotic defenses. The facts have, and still do, speak for themselves.

The first thing Tempset should've done, was to do away with this entirely wortheless program.

Message 6 of 74 (685 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 12, 2014

That does it CMC! You are OUT of the Official MVP Fan Club. Please turn in your pom poms. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 74 (673 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Stevenb wrote:

Ihaven't been as active due to Job, LBP, watchdogs, LBP, job, LBP, Job, and LBP. Also i still can't seem to find that redphone to the MVPoffice. Also im to cold blooded to safely navigate public spaces. Mostly i try to just backup my fellow MVPs but i think they for got my twitter name.

2013-04-08-140420.jpg

images.jpg

Message 8 of 74 (650 Views)
Gaming Beast
1345 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Curenly i been seeing other that have been helping that are not MVP still ill keep looking to find but do remeber at the hub there are noob there at least 12 or more daily and yeah even with my group ill need help MVP where are u lol Smiley Happy no worry im helping on my end, i hope u are still keeping ur comitement and still helping others, thank for reading and always help other that how Legend are born Smiley Happy

3527586646_418b5a35b1.jpg

Message 9 of 74 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jun 12, 2014
You certainly do not need a HCV or a MVP to explain where things are , or how to get things done (sorry to burst any bubbles) , i'm sure any upstanding home citizen would be glad to help out where possible
Message 10 of 74 (601 Views)