Mar 14 2014
By: xSYCOx5150x First Son 2 posts

more $$$ for Home

17 replies 344 views Edited Mar 14, 2014

maybe if the validating purchases didnt take twenty minutes everytime you buy something now ppl would spend more moneyon Home. I know it has made me hold back on my spending. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 18 (344 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11586 posts

Re: more $$$ for Home

Mar 14, 2014

Nope

Message 2 of 18 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Mar 14, 2014

I dislike how long it takes to validate things, I wish they would do it in the background. What would happen if something wasn't validated, it doesn't seem to stop the ones who ISE from getting on...

anyhoo, I usually read, do some needlework or play a hand held while the fun of spinning things on my screen is going on

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 3 of 18 (336 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5948 posts

Mar 14, 2014

I just look at it as giving me some extra time to do other things around my apartment while I wait.

It seems a little bit masochistic to torture oneself watching the validation screen lol.Woman WinkWoman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 4 of 18 (319 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 14, 2014

xSYCOx5150x wrote:

maybe if the validating purchases didnt take twenty minutes everytime you buy something now ppl would spend more moneyon Home. I know it has made me hold back on my spending. Anyone else?

Validation is important, Speed of validation is a tricky matter that has more to do with the SEN Sony Entertainment Network than anything else. The network is slow. Always has been and if you're not using 50 Mb per sec you'll feel it. 

As far as the idea about more money for Home? Extra minute of ten to buy more? I guess..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 5 of 18 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

Yes, it takes a long time to validate. Yes, it's annoying. Yes, I would like the process to be streamlined. Yes, I consider this before making a purchase, knowing I will be unable to answer chat for a few minutes. However, if I really want to buy something, it's not going to stop me. It might make me buy it later, and I may reconsider in the interim, but that's really the worst case scenario for Sony.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 18 (286 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Mar 14, 2014

Since this past wednesday's update, validation of purchases certainly seems to take longer than ever. Even when using the "buy now" feature through inspect, the process has slowed. I'll still take the 1 minute of time to complete an inspect purchase over the 15 mins or so though the store. I made one store purchase this week and have been loathe to go through the process again just yet. I'll wait until I have a couple more items to buy at the same time...or maybe I'll just forget and buy Skittles or something shiny instead.

Message 7 of 18 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 14, 2014

I agree with the OP and I have cut back due to Validating, but even more due to spending an hour or so (stuck in wardrobe maybe more) to come up with an outfit,, thats if I even make it out of wardrobe and dont freeze.  Same with furniture to decorate, I used to love decorating my spaces not anymore, then theres looking for Portables, LMOs and Dances thats another long process lol.  

Nowadays, if I get kicked out or frozen I dont even bother logging back on and spending another 15 mins waiting for validation, Its really so bad I watch TV while waiting and now it takes a long time just to download a space and once your there...... it takes forever for it to load that (WWW) keeps spinning and spinning, for me at least Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 14, 2014
I have decided to test the validation on my account while reading this thread. I am now at 12 minutes and counting buying a one dollar shamrock LMO.

Yeah its pretty bad. I wonder how much time I have lost waiting for these over the last five years?
Support Forums
Message 9 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 14, 2014

For a better understanding and possibly a better future result if someone is taking notice please post your internet speed as well as how many items you were trying to purchase much like pistol has above.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 10 of 18 (215 Views)
0 Likes