Jun 27 2013
By: Kinect420 Lombax Warrior 169 posts
Accepted Solution

moderation in home.

80 replies 1845 views Edited Jun 27, 2013
Um can we get some mods to be a bit more active on home? Not just invisible either because that doesn't show anything. Like I think mods should be visible and bouncing through popular servers often. I as a normal player see tons of harrasment cursing perverted behavior etc. Like currently at pier park you have guys hitting on everyone, tons of spammers there making it harder to even get in! Come on digital leisure surely you can atleast have a mod sit in the spawning servers to prevent this crap.
Message 1 of 81 (1,845 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 28, 2013
Digital Leisure is a Dev not a MOD. The Mod's would have to be hired by Sony
Message 2 of 81 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Seems like at some point there were like 10 mods when this thing started....and now its like there's 2 for the whole thing.......I've never seen a mod.
Message 3 of 81 (1,636 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jun 28, 2013
My mistake, I just see digital leisure next to the mods names on here. I haven't seen a mod in over 6 months on here, made countless reports about problems harrasment of me and my wife etc, even went as far as calling Sony and they directed me to a web page that doesn't exist. So can someone please tell me why mercury valentine, current lead mod has only made 2 posts in the past couple months? Or how about the fact that we all complain about not being able to contact a mod yet those threads gets swept under the rug. How many of you home user on these forums agree its about time they get the mods to 1 be more active and visible so people realize to follow the rules. 2, make it mandatory for a mod to cruise the servers looking for problem causers. (I mean come on home much do they make from home ? They can't hire atleast 5 mods/??) This is ridiculous. I used to be a moderator for perfect world entertainment, and as a mod my duties included those listed and hosting events and such. My point is that if it continues like this home will inevitably die.
Message 4 of 81 (1,495 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Kinect420 wrote:
Um can we get some mods to be a bit more active on home? Not just invisible either because that doesn't show anything. Like I think mods should be visible and bouncing through popular servers often. I as a normal player see tons of harrasment cursing perverted behavior etc. Like currently at pier park you have guys hitting on everyone, tons of spammers there making it harder to even get in! Come on digital leisure surely you can atleast have a mod sit in the spawning servers to prevent this crap.

hi op here is all the info on mods and how the pocess works. here the link to it. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/FAQ-Moderation-in-Home/td-p/30213133 . When you see somebody break the rules report it and move on.  they read all report by hand.

Message 5 of 81 (1,432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Don't refer me to a page I've obviously been to. And if you read my post fully you would see I and my wife along with tons of members from our clubs have made countless reports and countless attempts to reach a mod or someone who could help. Yet none of the mods ever do anything about it. I can name atleast 10 people who everyone knows are drama starters and hackers and have been reported countless times and they've never even got as much as a warning that if they don't stop they'd be banned. Referring me to a post I've read over in its entirety over 5 times is like slapping me on the face and calling me stupid. This topic was created as a thread for the countless people who have made reports after reports and seen nothing done. So unless you have information from a post that's not 4 months old, please don't insult my intelligence with links to outdated stickies. Obviously if I'm here I've read the stickies related to moderation. Honestly dude the lead moderator has only been seen active on here with 2 posts in the past 2-3 months. That isn't strange to you?
Message 6 of 81 (1,304 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 28, 2013

i think we would all love to see more in world moderation. At one time we used to have it when I first started home years ago. It appears that moderation now for the most part is not done directly in world and that is what Sony has elected to do. I don't think there is much one can do about it at this point.

Relative to in world issues I've found the new ignore feature to be very userful. Sure it's not perfect but it does offer much better control over what trolls and the like can do. I spend a lot of time on Home and I rarely encounter a situation I can't deal with. 

Reports do work by the way. People do get banned. Perhaps not as quickly for as long as we might like but we get enough threads here inquiring about why they were banned and so on. 

Message 7 of 81 (1,165 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I know all about getting banned, especially on here. They do work, it just takes time. They have to go through everything.

Forums are quickers, PSN takes about a week but you will never know. I'm good on the PSN, won't screw around on that. I even help mods on there.

I would like to see more visable mods, that's for sure. Even in the chat log like we had before. They are watching, because I believe I'm being stalked lol.

Message 8 of 81 (911 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Kinect420 wrote:
Don't refer me to a page I've obviously been to. And if you read my post fully you would see I and my wife along with tons of members from our clubs have made countless reports and countless attempts to reach a mod or someone who could help. Yet none of the mods ever do anything about it. I can name atleast 10 people who everyone knows are drama starters and hackers and have been reported countless times and they've never even got as much as a warning that if they don't stop they'd be banned. Referring me to a post I've read over in its entirety over 5 times is like slapping me on the face and calling me stupid. This topic was created as a thread for the countless people who have made reports after reports and seen nothing done. So unless you have information from a post that's not 4 months old, please don't insult my intelligence with links to outdated stickies. Obviously if I'm here I've read the stickies related to moderation. Honestly dude the lead moderator has only been seen active on here with 2 posts in the past 2-3 months. That isn't strange to you?

that link was infomation on mods in home she not a mod in home. here link to mods in home http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=home+moderation and here a link to you can send a message too if you have infomation on that drama starters in home you can always message them with the information on it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/614840

Message 9 of 81 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Ouch someone's a grumpy butt...

Honestly, a little more in-game type GMship would be fine, however, it's a simple process to acquiring that sort of information on the position. I suppose simply calling Sony up and asking them straight forward would be a little ridiculous, but I think the MVP's themselves should have some sort of moderation powers, as to further help.

Obviously they've earned enough respect to even be a Home guide or MVP, why not make it easier.

I know for me, the report screen takes a good 15 minutes to open, I cry every time i accidentally hit Select. So I never use it, then again, no one bothers be and I bother no one, therefore i have no need to use it.
Message 10 of 81 (536 Views)
0 Likes