Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: mod fad

Jun 15, 2014

I saw the fake Tempest_Fire at the Hub yesterday.  

I took the picture using my laptop camera.  I'm too poor to buy batteries for my actual camera. 

I would edit out the names, but I'm a lazy son of a beach.  

photo_00005.jpg

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 31 of 86 (459 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Fake Mod's on Home?

Jun 15, 2014

I just saw one at the Bolwing Alley this morning while doing my challenges.  He was standing on the railing.

What the heck is going on?  That was fake  Smiley Sad  

Message 32 of 86 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Fake Mod's on Home?

Jun 15, 2014

did you take a picture and report it.

Message 33 of 86 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

carjackhydro wrote:

did you take a picture and report it.

No, I wish I did but I had to be careful.  I didn't know this was a serious issue until now.  

I knew this had to be fake, I've never seen a MOD respond like that, because they don't.  At least I got his screen name.  

Message 34 of 86 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Support Forums
Message 35 of 86 (449 Views)
Big Daddy
13182 posts

Jun 15, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

I just saw one at the Bolwing Alley this morning while doing my challenges.  He was standing on the railing.

Would you like me to provide links to the other half dozen threads on the same topic?

Message 36 of 86 (498 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 15, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Would you like me to provide links to the other half dozen threads on the same topic?

Sure, Lol have at it. 

Message 37 of 86 (490 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6462 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
Yes but B_MW I don't think you fully are digesting the situation. It doesn't matter if you are good or bad. A fake MOD will dole out behavior that has nothing to do with the actual rules. What if you were just randomly banned by one of these fakes? Therefore making your Home experience unaccessible on your account. Just because nothing bad has happened to you personally doesn't mean it's not a bad situation. MODS can be anywhere (even in your space) invisibly, and can monitor any chat conversations from where they are I believe, along with various other powers. Just those two things in the hands of random exploiters is a pretty bad concept. Today we had someone posting a how to guide on how to turn into a MOD. Currently, we have have people impersonating REAL moderators, impersonating the Digital Platforms Manager, and using insulting, at times racist, sexist & anything else you can think of language without repercussion in a family service. Thats not really a 'meh' thing.

If I were Sony, well I would do lots of things I am not. Too bad their persistence to ignore this platform is coming back and biting them now. Security is tantamount. People only spend when they feel secure.

Oooh! I do fully understand the situation i'm just not worried about the outcome anymore. Sony's security has pretty much always been a joke. This has been allowed to happen by the incompentence of those in charge of guarding the gate to preventing it from happening.

It's pretty appearent by what's going on at this moment that a rather poor attempt at preventing this has failed miserably.

PS3 Security "Root Keys" were comprimised long ago, Hence the reason Sony abandond ship. There's nothing they can do at this point otherwise there would be nothing to discuss.

Sony angered a lot of people when they started takening features away from the PS3. Now I gather some of those angry folks now have the "Tools" that Sony just  up and so generously gave them to make Home such a pleasent place to be in.

It's sadly ironic to be taken down  by your own lack of vigilance. Like in all wars between two stubborn parties The innocent will suffer the fallout from all the madness.Woman Frustrated

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 38 of 86 (411 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 15, 2014

This is some newer exploit they are using along with a modded ps3. Sadly it allows them to fake a mod pretty well now, especially if they use it together with a changed ID. :/

The only way to determine wether they are real or not is by the way they use to talk. Also I don't think real mods use Home often now and even if they do they are usually invisible. So if you see a mod on Home nowadays the chance for them being a fake one is pretty big.

Message 39 of 86 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Something needs done about this. I froze twwice on home today and each time  it had a person impersonating a mod in the same space i froze in.  No wonder why I have dialed back my home usage and it seems like the userbase is really shrinking now.

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 40 of 86 (395 Views)
0 Likes