Wastelander
504 posts

Re: lots of items = everything takes longer

Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max that work for meSmiley Very Happy btw how do you grab what someone say and post it umm i do not know what its called i guess copy there post that way i do not have to say your name all ways <------------------still a form rooky 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 11 of 28 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Hopefully loading times will be improved with this new update. Including initial start up. Lame how it takes nearly 5 minutes to boot up home. -_-
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 12 of 28 (175 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

btw how do you grab what someone say and post it umm i do not know what its called i guess copy there post that way i do not have to say your name all ways <------------------still a form rooky 

Check your PMs, upper right, red "envelope".

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 13 of 28 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Definitely dont post how to do that publicly because im sure everyone else besides that individual reading this thread already knows.

Grade A leadership skills. Keep it up.
Message 14 of 28 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

What we can do for ourselves is to clear our Cache in Home. This may speed a few things up, but this will only be temporary.

NO NO NOOOOOO  Stop advising people to do that!

True. But if we do not revisit spaces we don't normally use, this will help.

Noooo  Once again, you are saying something that is false.  Cached data does NOT slow you down.  Its there ONLY when you need it.  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 15 of 28 (131 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

Why can't we just have a storage box in our rooms?

Storage

I like being able to store items that are not used as often (or not used at all). Right now I have no problem finding new items, old items and recently used items. We have filters for those. But finding one particular item in Storage is pretty time consuming. I think our Storage should be revamped and updated.

As our Storage is kept on the server, I propose that our items be categorized by Publisher names. In this way, we can go to a Publisher tile rather than scrolling for minutes at a time to find one item.

From the Publisher tile we would go to Brand and then Head, Shirt, Hand, Legs, Feet or Outfits for clothes. Our Furniture and Inventory items can also be broken down by Publisher.

Currently, as more items are added to Storage, it will get harder to find them. This idea will make things faster and easier. Especially for people who go into their Browsers while in a crowded and busy public space. And for people who are in a hurry.

This or user defined folders. I'd like to make unlimited folders such as "Red Sweaters", Etc. ^^

Message 16 of 28 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I thought the more you paid the more you get screwwed over was a common business plan these days
Message 17 of 28 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Cintilla wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

Why can't we just have a storage box in our rooms?

Storage

I like being able to store items that are not used as often (or not used at all). Right now I have no problem finding new items, old items and recently used items. We have filters for those. But finding one particular item in Storage is pretty time consuming. I think our Storage should be revamped and updated.

As our Storage is kept on the server, I propose that our items be categorized by Publisher names. In this way, we can go to a Publisher tile rather than scrolling for minutes at a time to find one item.

From the Publisher tile we would go to Brand and then Head, Shirt, Hand, Legs, Feet or Outfits for clothes. Our Furniture and Inventory items can also be broken down by Publisher.

Currently, as more items are added to Storage, it will get harder to find them. This idea will make things faster and easier. Especially for people who go into their Browsers while in a crowded and busy public space. And for people who are in a hurry.

This or user defined folders. I'd like to make unlimited folders such as "Red Sweaters", Etc. ^^

The solution is very simple... They just need to add a second storage folder.  Right now the storage folder acts simply as a spill over, so items we want are regularly forced into that storage folder with items we don't want or rarely use.  If they added a second storage folder, then we could FINALLY place items we truly rarely use into it, and leave the primary storage folder as a spill over for items we still want to use, but can't fit in the normal folders.

That, and at the very least they need to apply the same filtering and sorting options that are currently available for items not in storage to items in storage.

While perhaps more difficult to do, we also need more sub categories.  There are thousands of torso items that should be broken up into different more specific categories.  T-shirts being a definite one.   And the furnishings Assortment category is an epic mess, with thousands of items making finding things in that storage folder take forever unless they are very recent or very old.

The sad thing is, all of these suggestions and requests have been made month after month, some even years, and not only have they never been added to Home, but they haven't even been responded to by any so-called community manager.   Point being, they really could care less what the community wants or certainly says.  Yes, they have made changes and improvements to the service, but only on their own with little or no regard to what the community has asked for.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 18 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013
What happens when the spillover spills over Nitrate Home runs slow and there's a big pile of clothes on the floor. Glad I haven't bought much I'd rage if it took me 5 minutes to put on a sweater takes me a few seconds in real
Message 19 of 28 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Feb 12, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
What happens when the spillover spills over Nitrate Home runs slow and there's a big pile of clothes on the floor. Glad I haven't bought much I'd rage if it took me 5 minutes to put on a sweater takes me a few seconds in real

Quite true... And it just goes to show how short sighted or how badly Sony is managing Home as the way it is now, they punish users who purchase a lot of items, and or who have spent a long time in Home gathering and earning rewards... You'd think they would be smart enough to realize these are the customers they want to keep and make it easier and more enjoyable for everyone to purchase and collect items.  As it is now, they have made a significant incentive for people NOT to buy more items or spend time in Home collecting more rewards that will only get lost in the vast wasteland known as storage.

"Like it never happened"

Message 20 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes