Feb 11 2013
By: jaimer23 First Son 18 posts

lots of items = everything takes longer

27 replies 467 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

ok so i have ben playing home for like 4 years and i have a tone of items and i sometimes get on my second ps3 on a diffrent account  and i went to home and i noticed everything went faster like saving,buying stuff ,wardrobe loading and even logging into home... i really enjoyed how fast everything was moving and i wish my normal account could move like that.. i dont think the more i play something the slower it would  get.. i mean all thease new ppl come in and everything moves nice and fast for them and they dont even probbly like home.. but for somebody that playes every day and loves home has to wait long periods of time to do things all day long.. oh i got 12 mbps internet so dont say its my internet.. i wonder if this new update will solve some of this stuff....

Message 1 of 28 (467 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: lots of items = everything takes longer

Feb 11, 2013

Yeap.... almost like they don't want you to keep buying stuff! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 28 (461 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28876 posts

Feb 11, 2013

We will be getting a patch soon that may address this issue. See Patch Notes.

What we can do for ourselves is to clear our Cache in Home. This may speed a few things up, but this will only be temporary.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 28 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Um what's the patch going to do exactly that will solve the inventory mess? All this patch does is solve Sony's DRM hacker issue.

Message 4 of 28 (387 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

We will be getting a patch soon that may address this issue. See Patch Notes.

What we can do for ourselves is to clear our Cache in Home. This may speed a few things up, but this will only be temporary.

NO NO NOOOOOO  Stop advising people to do that!  It not only doesn't speed it up, but by clearing cache you are wiping out ALL the data for all the spaces and inventory and wardrobe items you have already download.  You know what that means?!?!?!  It means you have to redownload all of it before going to those spaces and viewing those items.  Its why it takes FOREVER to try and find anything in your wardrobe after clearing cache as it now has to redownload all those items!

So instead of speeding things up you are making it MUCH slower to use Home.

Seriously... This is the worst advice EVER.  Stop and think before offering "help".

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 28 (371 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 12, 2013

why can't we just have a storage box in our rooms? maybe they can add them that be nice i mean in real life if i was holding all this junk id fall into the earth and burn upSmiley LOL

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 6 of 28 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 12, 2013
We really are overdue for some kind of storage expansion or delete/remove option. Common sense says, the more we purchase and the more rewards we collect on a weekly basis, is going to require more inventory/storage space.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 7 of 28 (322 Views)
VP of Gaming
28876 posts

Feb 12, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

NO NO NOOOOOO  Stop advising people to do that!

True. But if we do not revisit spaces we don't normally use, this will help.

With that said, as to the patch, let's wait and see before condemning. We are not psychic.

For me (me, me me), the download time is not significant. Once loaded, there are hardly any issues. And if I do have an issue, I post them in PlayStation®Home Support.

Message 8 of 28 (317 Views)
VP of Gaming
28876 posts

Feb 12, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

Why can't we just have a storage box in our rooms?

Storage

I like being able to store items that are not used as often (or not used at all). Right now I have no problem finding new items, old items and recently used items. We have filters for those. But finding one particular item in Storage is pretty time consuming. I think our Storage should be revamped and updated.

As our Storage is kept on the server, I propose that our items be categorized by Publisher names. In this way, we can go to a Publisher tile rather than scrolling for minutes at a time to find one item.

From the Publisher tile we would go to Brand and then Head, Shirt, Hand, Legs, Feet or Outfits for clothes. Our Furniture and Inventory items can also be broken down by Publisher.

Currently, as more items are added to Storage, it will get harder to find them. This idea will make things faster and easier. Especially for people who go into their Browsers while in a crowded and busy public space. And for people who are in a hurry.

Message 9 of 28 (313 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

Why can't we just have a storage box in our rooms?

Storage

I like being able to store items that are not used as often (or not used at all). Right now I have no problem finding new items, old items and recently used items. We have filters for those. But finding one particular item in Storage is pretty time consuming. I think our Storage should be revamped and updated.

As our Storage is kept on the server, I propose that our items be categorized by Publisher names. In this way, we can go to a Publisher tile rather than scrolling for minutes at a time to find one item.

From the Publisher tile we would go to Brand and then Head, Shirt, Hand, Legs, Feet or Outfits for clothes. Our Furniture and Inventory items can also be broken down by Publisher.

Currently, as more items are added to Storage, it will get harder to find them. This idea will make things faster and easier. Especially for people who go into their Browsers while in a crowded and busy public space. And for people who are in a hurry.

I have bought alot of stuff on Home as well, and for me as I do, I noticed it's very very slow loading. I would like to see them categorized as well rather then clutter.

Message 10 of 28 (306 Views)
0 Likes