I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: is it worth it to upgrade from the free goldfish bowl to the paid fish tanks?

Jan 19, 2013
Oh, and large is 24 slots. In a small space like Private Hideaway, you can fit the aquarium, a radio and a tv and still have it look quite homely. :-)
Message 11 of 20 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: is it worth it to upgrade from the free goldfish bowl to the paid fish tanks?

Jan 20, 2013

Since my original free goldfish died, I just upgraded to the medium tank and I really like it..  Looks a but small on the aquarium stand reward, but my daughter had a blast picking out the fish and decorations. I think its worth the $5. And it takes 19 slots...

Message 12 of 20 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I'm happy with my small tank. Just $1.

One advantage of a purchase tank is that you can eventually get a fish feeder. You can go five days I think without feeding. Instead of just 3. But the feeder won't fit in the free goldfish bowl

Another major advantage of any of the aquariums is you can set it to "clone". Then you can just feed one tank instead of having to feed every single tank in each apartment.

Here is a small list I made of data about the fish tanks

http://www.yourpshome.net/wiki/digital-leisure-aquarium/

Message 13 of 20 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 20, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

One advantage of a purchase tank is that you can eventually get a fish feeder. You can go five days I think without feeding. Instead of just 3. But the feeder won't fit in the free goldfish bowl

Have you tested it?

I've seen several of small decorations fit inside the free bowl.

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Another major advantage of any of the aquariums is you can set it to "clone". Then you can just feed one tank instead of having to feed every single tank in each apartment.

This works with the free goldfish bowl as well.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 14 of 20 (168 Views)
Sackboy
283 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I have a feeder and a sucker fish in my free goldfishbowl. They will most assuredly fit in there Smiley Happy The feeder can also be shrunk down to the small size that fits in the bowls in order to hide them in larger tanks^^
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 15 of 20 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Also, the feeder raises time between feedings from 3 to 7 days.

As far as the tanks being worth it or not, that's up to you. All of the rewards can be obtained through the free bowl with the same amount of effort as a pay tank so don't buy for the rewards. I have the free, small and Deluxe if you'd like to have a look Smiley Happy

-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 16 of 20 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jan 20, 2013
The Deluxe tank is 30 slots, it takes almost 1/3 of total slots, when I bought it I thought it took 18 slots like the free one that it´s already a lot but I never would buy it knowing that it takes 30 slots. It´s a total rip off $15 directly to the trash can, apart from that I sent a message to Digital Leisure and they never replied.
Message 17 of 20 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 20, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Have you tested it?

I've seen several of small decorations fit inside the free bowl.

I haven't had a chance to get it yet. I'm sloowwly earning points. 5 per day I visit. It costs 500 aquabux. It does say that it requires a small tank or larger. So I guess I was wrong and it CAN fit in a goldfish bowl. Though I'm not certain.

Message 18 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Its up to you if you want to get the bigger tank or keep the goldfish bowl. If you want to put certain items in your tank it may require a bigger tank so if you dont want those items then i would say dont get a bigger tank. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 20 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Ya, i only want to use the dead fish (skeleton) but only fits in med tank n up.
Message 20 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes