Sep 23 2007
By: KILLZONE79 Fender Bender 4368 posts

if sonys says open beta will be late nov/ early december,

7 replies 3 views Edited Sep 23, 2007
if sonys says open beta will be late nov/ early december 2007,
do we need to be a GAP (Gamer Advisory Panel) member to signup for open beta?
Message 1 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2211 posts

Re: if sonys says open beta will be late nov/ early december,

Sep 23, 2007
noo, that's why it's called "open" beta.
not "gappers" beta

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1643 posts

Sep 23, 2007
so if its an open beta is it litterly for EVERYone with a ps3 or just like 40,000 people?

Currently Beta Testing: MAG
Message 3 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Sep 23, 2007
Best guess is that you can still think of it as a soft launch.  I think they will continue to gradually add people until the 'official' launch when finally everyone who wants it, has it.  Phil Harrison is on record as saying that despite what Kaz Hirai said about the launch, everyone will get to experience Home before the year is out.
Message 4 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Sep 23, 2007
i hope all this real happens because i'm not really enjoyin the games i have now. warhawk- only good for the blutooth headset to me, madden08-thats enuff said , ghost recon- good game i actually play this 1 the most but the ranking setup is stupid. so HOME would be a fresh start in gaming for me.
i write all msg on this forum using my ps3 browser. i can't type long replies & there is no editor so forgive me for any mistakes. cpu crashed. i hate the new msg creator for this forum & now i can't quote ppl.
Message 5 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2543 posts

Sep 24, 2007

Bern80 wrote:
Best guess is that you can still think of it as a soft launch.  I think they will continue to gradually add people until the 'official' launch when finally everyone who wants it, has it.  Phil Harrison is on record as saying that despite what Kaz Hirai said about the launch, everyone will get to experience Home before the year is out.

You forgot one important key phrase "as far as he is concerned". He's not the president of sony man...in the end Kaz will make the call on when the beta is released, I think Phil was trying to play damage control(seeing how he stuck his foot in his mouth and completely down his throat) and once again we'll see another delay. Forget the beta, give me the final product at this point....from what i've heard the beta sucks anyway.
You will be ministers of death praying for war!!! -R.Lee Ermey
Message 6 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Sep 24, 2007

KillZone07 wrote:

Open beta is pretty much not requiring an invitation, but can be still restricted to a certain amount of users.  Meaning they could post the Home download on the PSN store and once it reaches X amount of user downloads they'll take it off.  Sega did this on Xbox Live with Phantasy Star Universe for a weekend - posted the beta and after a few days took it off, whoever got it was lucky enough to play.  They'll do the same thing here most likely and gradually let more and more in over the months until the perminent release.
Message 7 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1643 posts

Sep 24, 2007

Zaloran wrote:

KillZone07 wrote:

Open beta is pretty much not requiring an invitation, but can be still restricted to a certain amount of users.  Meaning they could post the Home download on the PSN store and once it reaches X amount of user downloads they'll take it off.  Sega did this on Xbox Live with Phantasy Star Universe for a weekend - posted the beta and after a few days took it off, whoever got it was lucky enough to play.  They'll do the same thing here most likely and gradually let more and more in over the months until the perminent release.

do u think they will post it on like the sony website or will it be all secret like and if u just happen to check the ps store u can get it!
cause i hope they like announce it cause then i would be like not sleeping wating for it to come out so i get it first O.o

Currently Beta Testing: MAG
Message 8 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes