Fender Bender
1148 posts

Re: hw much have u spend

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

However much I have spent on Home, it is affordable. The Lil does not need to worry about Tag Day Sales. . . but . .

I have never added up what I have spent. I have never needed to, simply because I do not rush in and throw $ at whatever hits the shelves every week. I look at , I try on,  I visit, I read about other members experiences with the items. Then I buy, or wait awhile and buy. Or not. I 've bought a lot of stuff over the years. Up until the 100 Year Wardrobe Wars " Auto Storage " baloney started.

Even so, I am really never stressed about what to purchase, or about what I have bought in the past.

Sure, I have made a few mistakes. Oh well, woe is me over that $1.99 Dress.

What ? We have to keep a $ scorecard ? Are there going to be trophies awarded for spending ? YAY I mean I certainly hope not, as this would push people even faster and more furious into buying "the latest and greatest". 

How long does your purchase give you smiles ? Until the next Update ? Lasts weeks " gotta have " is then thrown into Storage ? (not that we need any assistance after 1.75 ... lol). If so, you are spending too much money.

Tonight, as one of my 20 outfit changes per Home Day, I put on an over 3 year old Black Pareo Skirt and matching Bikini Top. I received some compliments, and I felt great wearing "this old rag".

It doesn't make me some sort of commie agitator, by saying reuse, recyle, and realize that you don't need to worry about what other people are spending.

If you are asking because of the mysterious, inscrutable, enigmatic future of Home ( and all your purchases ) on the PS4.

Well, I have no idea.

My Crystal Ball was stolen by Gypsies who are demanding a Ransom (as soon as they notice the Brunswick stamped on the "Ball ", they'll stop calling ). . . But . .

Home on the PS3 will most likely survive for as long as Sony can milk it to death supports the PS3.

In the fullness of time, Sony will let us all know the scoop.

In the meantime, enjoy what you (we) have. Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 21 of 52 (316 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
6367 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Not as much as Sony would like me to.  I'm OK with that.Woman Very HappyThrowing-money-away.gif

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 22 of 52 (297 Views)
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Heck I've spent ummm...maybe in the thousands on Home total for years. Smiley Surprised

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 23 of 52 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Mar 17, 2013

All my accounts combined, I've spent over a 1000 I'd say in the past 3 years.

Message 24 of 52 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Interesting post. I guess some people are starting to think. They shouldn't spend so much money on home. For me at first. Was between 200 to 300$. Then I woke up. Occasionally I will buy here and there. I still haven't spent the 10$ SONY gave us.

Now, I will never buy something from Home again. Its just the answers you get over the years and it becomes a turn off.

Prices are still way too high and spending lot of money on Home, won't get anywhere except making them rich and burning a hole in your pocket.

People making threads like these, must have doubts on spending money in Home.

I'd rather give my $20 to a homeless person rather spend it on Home.

Message 25 of 52 (261 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

Interesting post. I guess some people are starting to think. They shouldn't spend so much money on home. For me at first. Was between 200 to 300$. Then I woke up. Occasionally I will buy here and there. I still haven't spent the 10$ SONY gave us.

Now, I will never buy something from Home again. Its just the answers you get over the years and it becomes a turn off.

Prices are still way too high and spending lot of money on Home, won't get anywhere except making them rich and burning a hole in your pocket.

What if you could buy upgrades for your dolphys and make them swim faster/perform better? Would you spend money then?

Message 26 of 52 (247 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

myalana wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

What if you could buy upgrades for your dolphys and make them swim faster/perform better? Would you spend money then?

Well, that would never happen. So, I'm safe there.   The game is done updating.     "They've moved onto other projects."  

Has to be a reason for me  to buy.  I won't do any impulse buying anymore.  Facny cheap design doesn't get me anymore.  

Just a bunch of shenanigans! 

Message 27 of 52 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Beauty of Home is you don't have to buy anything. I have friends who only do rewards. They have fun. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 52 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Beauty of Home is you don't have to buy anything. I have friends who only do rewards. They have fun. Smiley Wink

Yep, doesn't matter that we spend money on clothes so we can dress up our avatars.  It doesn't make us any special than the other person.  You can still loose  your account.  

Basically what I do now.  I will never invest in A game again.  Last game I invested in were the MIDWAYS and completed all of those.  Wasn't too bad of hit.  Each one was about 25$ each.  Ran into a little trouble with some. Got all the rewards  and jackets.  

Home Tycoon, I did a little bit but everything free play now.   

Message 29 of 52 (219 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Mar 17, 2013

im guessing $100-$200. which isnt bad considering thats over 4+ years.

also not bad when compared to the freaking $600 of used PSN cards i have(for some reason i like to keep them after i used them). not to mention however much ive spent with my credit card. also the thousands ive spent on games.

in the end, Home only makes up like 10% of my money spent on PlayStation stuff.

Message 30 of 52 (176 Views)
0 Likes