Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: house of the dead 3 home arcade cabinet

Feb 19, 2012

yeah thx--that's a cool reward item. The game was starting to get a little redundant, but I still have a few trophies to get if I decide to go for them. I only had an "S" ranking on one level so the "Special Agent" gold trophy would require a more serious effort. This is info (from AdorableNirvash @ ps3trophies.com) on the other trophies that seem harder to get, in case anyone is interested:

SPECIAL AGENT: to get this rank, you need to average an SS rank at the end of the game, Mode does not matter. SS ranks require that you do not get damaged more than once, Have 90% accuracy or greater, a decently high score. HOWEVER, You can also get this rank by completing the game with S rank and doing a full rescue.

FATE:This is the most difficult, but not most time consuming trophy in the game, You have to get ALL endings, Which means   clearing the game three times without failing a rescue attempt.

*1st ending: - Daniel turns around to the mansion and says to himself - "Goodbye father; I will not let your work go to waste. If   humans walk this path again; I won't have a problem coming back here!"
-Obtained by completeing the game with one or more failed partner rescue attempts

*2nd Ending: - Daniel begins to go insane and loses the will to move on, questioning his future. Despite (or maybe because of) the antidote that has cured his illness, a close up of Daniel's face (and an ominous change to the tone of his voice) reveals that he has become a zombie. Lisa screams in the background. It is uncertain what happens to her in this ending.
-Obtained by choosing parking path in chapter 1 and not failing to rescue your partner at all

*3rd Ending: - Lisa sees the car driving away, thinking that her father is leaving her and Daniel behind. However, Rogan and G are behind them, leaving Lisa and Daniel completely confused. It is then revealed that a zombie is driving away in it. Lisa begins to give chase after the stolen vehicle, yelling, "Hey! That's my car, you slimy bastards! Say your prayers!" We also see Daniel briefly going after Lisa.
-Obtained by choosing entrance path in chapter 1 and not failing to rescure your partner at all

*4th Ending: - a mysterious and unidentified man in a business suit wanders through the laboratory where the final battle with the Wheel of Fate took place. On the floor, he finds one of the small glass vials containing the genes used as Daniel's antidote. Limping on his right leg, he picks up the vial and leaves, saying to himself, "It appears that he didn't understand its true purpose." This man makes an appearance in House of the Dead 4.
-Obtained by not failing to rescure your partner at all and obtaining SS rank
-Obtained by (Alt) completing Time attack mode with S rank

----

Notes: This trophy has serious bugs related to being obtained and getting the endings themselves, Co-op mode seems to made endings appear either by random or based on score.

TIME ATTACKER:This will be a good warm up for going through a flawless run and getting the other endings, Time attack mode you have a timer that goes up when you kill zombies, and down when you don't, Essentially, You are playing through the game with two lives and no credits. Making boss fights a lot more difficult, The only honest tips you can get here, Is the most obvious you can expect, don't get hit.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 31 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Thanks for this info..

At this point, I almost feel obligated to continue as kind of a thank you to Sega for not requiring 100% trophy completion to obtain the cabinet

Some loyal Sega fans may not have been able to get the reward.

I feel the love, Sega. Thanks again. It's nice to be considered and therefore, respected.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 32 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 19, 2012

A friend just told me that he played last night from 1149PM til 159AM and then again today

from 1124A til 249PM until he got the reward. So don't count on exactly 5 hrs.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 33 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Confirmed!

I got the reward after playing for 5 hours... 8D

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 34 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Congrats!

Halday Trophy Card
Message 35 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Hey, Hopper, I tried exactly what you did to get Ending 3, and I got Ending 1. Any other thoughts on how you obtained that?

Also, for those looking for the Robo Zombie, it will appear in the room just before the final boss battle, if you make it that far and save your partner in every Rescue attempt.

It's right in front of you, which may make it a little easier to take out.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 36 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Actually that trophy is info. was posted by AdorableNirvash at ps3tropies.com. I haven't gotten that one myself yet. You didn't fail on ANY rescue attempts when you tried that? Also, there is a note at the bottom that mentions the trophy being bugged, so that could be the problem too.

Might just have to keep trying it to see if that ending comes up randomly...?

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 37 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I got the Rescue Expert trophy on that playthrough, so I know I didn't miss any attempts.

It probably is bugged, then. I'm less concerned about the trophies than I am getting that arcade cabinet. I bought the game without even knowing that was there.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 38 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I've been waiting for this game and it sounds great but it really grinds my gears that even the demo is exclusive to Plus subscribers.When will us mere mortals get a crack at it?

Message 39 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 21, 2012

BabyBearsBed wrote:

I've been waiting for this game and it sounds great but it really grinds my gears that even the demo is exclusive to Plus subscribers.When will us mere mortals get a crack at it?

Photobucket

Demo won't get ya the Home Reward. So i'd PASS on the Demo.

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 40 of 58 (132 Views)
0 Likes