Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: house of the dead 3 home arcade cabinet

Feb 18, 2012

ok might sound dumb here, but if 5 or 10 hours is the requirement, that's accumulated time right? I hope so.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 21 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 18, 2012

It works on accumulated time, BUT that accumulated time is recorded based on when the game saves. You can't just turn it on for 10 hours and walk away. You actually need to play.

I'm a life-or-death battle with Sega Bass Fishing to get the second trophy and I keep quitting without saving my game. I'm way past 10 hours, not that the game knows it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 22 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Feb 19, 2012

did everything in Haldays post still can't get the arcade cabinet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 23 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Hmmm, We need more people to Unlock this Home Reward and let us know Exactly what they did to get it. So we know?

Come on people get to playin'

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 24 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 19, 2012

In thinking about it, the only other things that I did are;

I played some local multiplayer

I watched both the credits and the unlocked extra "behind the scenes" video

I change the blood color to green for one level

I played using both the regular controller and the move controller.

Other than what I've previously mentioned, that's pretty much it.

I really believe now that it has to do with time played and/or cumulative points.

I played for a cpl of hrs last night and maybe about the same this morning.

This morning, I turned the game off and on maybe twice to do some things in between.

I sure wish I could pinpoint something, but other than it unlocking after I died in lvl 2B (ranked), I gut nuthin..

Except an AWESOME CABINET.

Just keep playing everyone, it will unlock!

Halday Trophy Card
Message 25 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Do you think you played for a total of 5 hours (or 10)? I know you said a couple last night and this morning, but is it possible that you played a bit longer than you thought? I've played a total of about 4 1/2 and the only thing I haven't done that you have mentioned is play mp, use a move controller and kill one of those mech zombies (because I have only seen one twice and both times there was no way to get in enough shots to kill it). I'm hoping the Home item comes at 5 hours, because I don't think the game can even hold my interest much longer. lol

@DCS--are you playing and trying to figure it out, or just waiting for an answer? How about YOU get to playing and let us know!

@HearItWow--the bass fishing game doesn't have auto-save? I've never played that.

Message 26 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Yes, it could have been longer, but I know it was no where near 10 hours. 5 or 6 tops.

Hint as far as the Mecha Zombie on the bridge (lvl 4A):  when you're finishing the guys off that drop down onto the bridge, hit the barrel to the left behind them. Continue to shoot the mecha zombie that falls out as the buzz saw guy comes out. Take some damage if you have to, but focus more on the Mecha Zombie. It may go down, but you have to keep shooting it til you get the 3000 pts. Its quick and and if you don't finish him, you'll have to play the level over again to try again. You 'll know when he's dead because you'll hear a bling noise and

you'll get the 3000 pt notification blip. The trophy will then be yours.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 27 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Feb 19, 2012

ok thx--I finally killed that little mech sucker! I got the reward this morning after playing about another 1/2 hour which put me at what I figured was 5 hours total. So that would pretty much confirm that the requirement is 5 hours of gameplay. I just came back to menu after completing a game of survival and got the message that I had received a Home reward. Thx for help.

Message 28 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Awesome!

Congrats..not a bad little, ah em..HUGE treat for the apartment, hey?

FIVE HOURS must be it, then.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 29 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Feb 19, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

ok thx--I finally killed that little mech sucker! I got the reward this morning after playing about another 1/2 hour which put me at what I figured was 5 hours total. So that would pretty much confirm that the requirement is 5 hours of gameplay. I just came back to menu after completing a game of survival and got the message that I had received a Home reward. Thx for help.

pretty comfirm it.

Message 30 of 58 (56 Views)
0 Likes