Reply
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/23/2005
Offline
19276 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007
it is similer except home is more fit for the counsel as you can join your friends games through it i think watch movies together ect ect     second life you can pretty much do what you want becuase it has a built in 3d modeler and you can write scripts for objects to make tv's cars guns ect
click for candy
Message 11 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/18/2005
Offline
3705 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007


kwhill311 wrote:
Hello All,
 
     I wonder if they are modeling home after www.secondlife.com.  It sounds very similiar.  I just found the site so I really don't know much about it.  Maybe somebody out there knows more.  Later.



Second Life sucks.
Message 12 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/23/2005
Offline
19276 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007


Playstation Expert wrote:


kwhill311 wrote:
Hello All,
 
     I wonder if they are modeling home after www.secondlife.com.  It sounds very similiar.  I just found the site so I really don't know much about it.  Maybe somebody out there knows more.  Later.



Second Life sucks.



click for candy
Message 13 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007
can second life launch u directly into ps3 games? no. does SL have a trophy room? no. does SL let you maintain you own apartment and have pool & bowling? i have no clue i've never played it.
The object in war is not to die for your country,
It's to make the die for their's!
-General Patton, WWII
Message 14 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/12/2003
Offline
1589 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007
You can actually create an account and play second life for free. You have to pay if you want to get any kind of virtual land. I am trying it out for free just to get a glimpse of what Home might be like. I am at work right now so I can not play with it too much but I am going to mess around with it tonight.
Message 15 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/10/2007
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007


Mace Windu wrote:
You can actually create an account and play second life for free. You have to pay if you want to get any kind of virtual land. I am trying it out for free just to get a glimpse of what Home might be like. I am at work right now so I can not play with it too much but I am going to mess around with it tonight.


 Very good idea. Second Life has some very interesting aspects.

The virtual geography, doesn't quite work, the island idea seems to be a good one, but not well employed.

Teleporting is useful, perhaps a Star Trek teleporter, or drop-down tube might work in PSHome.

I am not too fond of the flying, but if complex places developed it might be a good way to get a bird's eye view - but maps (like the London Tube maps) may be more useful.

The way people can give you contact cards etc.,. is a good idea as well. In my first try people giving me addresses helped a lot, more than the searches which kept taking me to odd places.

I also liked the fact that it seemed easy to set up a business. Plus kind people gave me some vouchers to use.

I thought the idea of virtual seats was stupid at first (after all avatars don't get tired), but if you want to talk to someone it actually seems to work.  I don't know how you could use gestures well, in SL it is hard to type and do everything else, but, the PS3 control may be very good, especially as you could use a mic to talk.

90% of our sensual information is visual, SL is just too crude for everyday life, but from what I have seen of PS Home, it should be a lot better.

The money has me worried, I like the small denomination of Linden Dollars, micro-cash (very small fractions of real money) is important to give the net a comercial backbone, but it has to be almost  tax free (or a very small fixed transaction tax), and you should be able to get your money out into real cash somehow (the cash cards might be very good for this - cashing up a number that goes back to the store  for real cash, or onto PS Home for spending).

Second Life does give you plenty to think about, but it takes a bit of time to get use to it.

Message 16 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/29/2006
Offline
5135 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 12, 2007


Predator1015 wrote:
can second life launch u directly into ps3 games? no. does SL have a trophy room? no. does SL let you maintain you own apartment and have pool & bowling? i have no clue i've never played it.


Argh, lol, you were on a roll for the first two!
I think Second Life allows you to have your owns rooms, but launching directly into games is definently not an SL feature!

Message 17 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/23/2005
Offline
19276 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 13, 2007


Shnozzle wrote:


Predator1015 wrote:
can second life launch u directly into ps3 games? no. does SL have a trophy room? no. does SL let you maintain you own apartment and have pool & bowling? i have no clue i've never played it.


Argh, lol, you were on a roll for the first two!
I think Second Life allows you to have your owns rooms, but launching directly into games is definently not an SL feature!



actualy just the first one sl can have trophy rooms and you couldnt luanch directly into games themselfs but im sure you could conntect to the ps3 somehow taking data directly from the ps3 and onto second life just depends on if a coder wants to do it or not but things like that are possible   so is power point pressiontation and movies and i have been building my own house in second life from ground up but didnt turn out to well gota start over!


click for candy
Message 18 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/13/2007
Offline
255 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 13, 2007
quick question...what is secondlife...lol, sorry if it sounds n00bish.
Message 19 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/23/2005
Offline
19276 posts
 

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 13, 2007
videos says it all

TuShiOh wrote:
quick question...what is secondlife...lol, sorry if it sounds n00bish.



click for candy
Message 20 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes