Highlighted
Apr 10 2007
By: shack_up Sackboy 561 posts

home =secondlife.com?

19 replies 6 views Edited Apr 10, 2007
Hello All,

I wonder if they are modeling home after www.secondlife.com.  It sounds very similiar.  I just found the site so I really don't know much about it.  Maybe somebody out there knows more.  Later.
Message 1 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: home =secondlife.com?

Apr 10, 2007
I think that it may be a little similar just as it will be with Sims, but I think that Sony has just taken it to a whole new level by putting on the PS3.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Message 2 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Its similar to second life execpt the lags of playing on a pc and the graphics are alot better plus its free.
Message 3 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1903 posts

Apr 10, 2007
question is how they gonna prevent people from making money by selling virtual real estate.
I've had my PS3 since launch, suck it.

20GB PS3 (Upgraded to 80GB) Wish List = GOW III, Drake's 2, GT5, MAG
Message 4 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3091 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Did you miss the Home Information Thread?

Here's an excerpt:

Imagine a three-dimensional avatar-based socializing sim like Second Life. Now cross it with the online gaming and matchmaking features of Xbox Live. Leaven with dynamic streaming in-game advertising a la Massive, throw in some Pogo.com-esque casual gaming, and add a dash of Sneak King-like merchandising. Heat, stir, let cool, serve, and--voila--you've got Home, the new online service for the PlayStation 3.

Gamer first, Member second, Retired Moderator third.
No, I'm not a Moderator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Message 5 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 10, 2007
In a very general way, Home is on the same basis as Second Life...
But the graphics are much better, gaming is incorporated into Home to a much further extent, you can launch straight into a game from Home, and Playstation Home is on a gaming console! That sets it apart from the many massive online communities on computers

Message 6 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 11, 2007

I think everyone that’s saying Home is just like secondlife is forgetting one small detail the original EQ which has been out way longer than Secondlife and still has a loyal following even with the release of EQ II and all the other MMO's out there Sony has proven themselves extremely competent when it comes to the online world. So IMO Secondlife should just be called Secondrate I recently downloaded it just to check it out. And I must say.......It's **bleep**Smiley Happy
the similarities between Home and Secondlife end at the fact they are both of the MMO type and that is all they have in common Buying and selling virtual real state. WTH maybe its just me but if I am going to spend real money to buy land I am going to buy Real Land in a Real World not on my PC. Just remember who one of the first kids on the block to have an extremely successful game of this type . SOE so if anything I feel people are just ripping them off (for lack of a better description ) so in closing Thank You Sony for giving us something else to shut the Fan  Boys up with ….LoL like the PS3 wasn’t enough already.     

I Bet the Bolt slides perfectly....
Message 7 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 11, 2007
kinda seems like it... It may be free but will they be charging for furniture/clothes n crap like that for your pad... I wonder

Screen Name: DOOMZ808
Message 8 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3462 posts

Apr 11, 2007

DOOMZ wrote:
kinda seems like it... It may be free but will they be charging for furniture/clothes n crap like that for your pad... I wonder

Probably, that sounds like Sony
PSN= collat3ral_
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE
Message 9 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 11, 2007

C0llat3ral wrote:

DOOMZ wrote:

Probably, that sounds like Sony

Clothes are free, and some furniture is as well, but you don't have to buy stuff. You don't have to pay money at all...
Message 10 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes