May 10 2013
By: Iced-Tea-Bagger Wastelander 568 posts

home item rating system.

10 replies 190 views Edited May 10, 2013

dont tell me to put it in the suggestion thread

does anyone else think it would good to have a rating system for items purchased on home like we have for the regular psn store? that way i could do my part to make sure nobody buys something like the exomech.

Message 1 of 11 (190 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: home item rating system.

May 10, 2013

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:

dont tell me to put it in the suggestion thread

does anyone else think it would good to have a rating system for items purchased on home like we have for the regular psn store? that way i could do my part to make sure nobody buys something like the exomech.

Hmm very nice suggestion. If only there were a thread for such things Woman Happy

Message 2 of 11 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

May 10, 2013

A rating system just goes off other peoples opinions. That's like looking for a smart phone and just looking at how many stars it has on a website then actually going to a store testing it out or watching a video of it on YouTube.

There should an option to be able to leave a comment review for items or be able to see items better before buying it. SCE may be scared to do that.

YB

Message 3 of 11 (179 Views)
Wastelander
568 posts

May 10, 2013

leaving comments might be a little much, i usually come here for that. i just thought the option to have users be able to rate out of 5 stars once they have purchased and item would be a nice addition. but i see how some devs like atomic republic or digital leisure would not want visible negative reviews on their items as it would affect their sales.

Message 4 of 11 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 10, 2013

Good Idea.. Also be nice to try before you buy not just the little preview window in the store they have now..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 5 of 11 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 10, 2013
I'm down for that. Then I can tell what's worth putting money towards and what's dog crap Smiley Tongue.

Here's the thing about the suggestion thread. It's good and all to condense every suggestion to one thread, but then there's no discussion value or conversation behind the features people actually like and want. I think developers need to see that kind of feedback so they know "Oh hey, lots of people want this" rather than "Oh this one person wants this".
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 10, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
I'm down for that. Then I can tell what's worth putting money towards and what's dog crap Smiley Tongue.

Here's the thing about the suggestion thread. It's good and all to condense every suggestion to one thread, but then there's no discussion value or conversation behind the features people actually like and want. I think developers need to see that kind of feedback so they know "Oh hey, lots of people want this" rather than "Oh this one person wants this".

I concur and thats why every so often a dev will as for opionions and suggestions directly to the customers... If I was a dev I wouldnt want to sift through 30+ pages of suggestions and as a user I dont want to do that either.. Maybe buckets or sub catagories for items such as Head, tops, bottoms, shoes, etc could be created under suggestions of the month, heck how hard could it be to do that. 5 mins tops for a MOD to add that..

I'd hate to say such a simple request will never happen, but I'm sure it wont..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 7 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

May 10, 2013

They should use a rating system similiar to LBP's level rating system.

It'll be more fun that way. 

Message 8 of 11 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

May 10, 2013
A rating system is certainly a good proposal, though you're right, with the quality of some of PlayStation Home's Content I can't see a feature like this going to well for certain developers but it also may inspire them to make better quality items as well perhaps.

The feature would make things more interesting anyways, also the Alphazone4 website has this feature as well implemented into their item database, so I suppose this sort of applies to your idea.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 11 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

May 10, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
A rating system is certainly a good proposal, though you're right, with the quality of some of PlayStation Home's Content I can't see a feature like this going to well for certain developers but it also may inspire them to make better quality items as well perhaps.

The feature would make things more interesting anyways, also the Alphazone4 website has this feature as well implemented into their item database, so I suppose this sort of applies to your idea.

i do use that, but the rating system there can be used by people who ahvent even used or seen the item in home. and someone always seems to go through ang give everything 1 star every week. just use the mthod of the psn store. you can only rate once you purchased it, and have the option to change it like in the psn store if your opinion changes.

Message 10 of 11 (85 Views)
0 Likes