Survivor
2681 posts

Re: home invitation

May 3, 2007
The invites were sent on the 25th of last month. Unless there is another wave of invites, you won't be getting anything in your email anytime soon.
Message 11 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2655 posts

May 3, 2007
no i tried doing it on the 26th the day i received the email
April 26th

KC_2009 wrote:
They aren't going to wait for somebody to sign up a week after they sent it out... if your not on top of things then you shouldn't be in the beta
BTW: got mine on the 25th

Message Edited by KC_2009 on 05-02-2007 06:24 PM

Message Edited by argen_213 on 05-02-2007 06:25 PM
Message 12 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 3, 2007

argen_213 wrote:
i think it is only fair that if you received an email you should have had some time to sign up?

I can tell you that in other beta tests, they only accept replies until they reckon they have a large enough pool to select from.  So you have to respond to the invite as soon as possible.  I just happened to check my email about an hour after the invite arrived, so I'm now waiting for a confirmation.

Here's my guess as to how the process might work:  Sony knows they only have so many slots to fill for the beta test.  They also know that  not everyone they invite will want to participate or be able to (e.g., a person has registered a PS3 with PSU, but hasn't set up a PSN ID - which probably indicates he doesn't have his console connected to the Internet).  So Sony invites more people than they have slots available, and stops accepting replies as soon as they get enough of them that they have a large enough pool of applicants who want to, and actually can participate in the beta.  That pool is then further filtered down to people who are likely, from their purchasing and forum participation patterns, to provide good testing feedback.  That way, all the available slots get filled, with a high probably of each one being filled by someone who will actually be an asset for the testing.  Those are the folks who get the confirmation.

The downside of this approach is that a number of people who would like to participate, like you, end up being disappointed. 
Message 13 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

May 3, 2007
Yeah I didn't get one, and I had a ps3 since January
Message 14 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2655 posts

May 3, 2007
im in the GAP also maybe that contributed to some people if they got an email or not
Message 15 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

May 3, 2007

argen_213 wrote:
i got an invitation to do the home beta and when i checked my email i wanted to sign up for it but when i whent to do that it said the survey had ended.
i think that anyone that received an email should have at least 24 hrs to sign up for it. was there more invitations than ther was people allowed to sign up?
i think it is only fair that if you received an email you should have had some time to sign up?
did this happen to anybody else?

It was up for 24 hours almost exactly 24 hrs.. Too slow!!
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 16 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2655 posts

May 3, 2007

red dog1 wrote:

argen_213 wrote:
i got an invitation to do the home beta and when i checked my email i wanted to sign up for it but when i whent to do that it said the survey had ended.
i think that anyone that received an email should have at least 24 hrs to sign up for it. was there more invitations than ther was people allowed to sign up?

It was up for 24 hours almost exactly 24 hrs.. Too slow!!

i received the email on exactly APRIL 26TH AT 12:57 AM pacific time

Message 17 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 3, 2007
I got it now just waiting for the you got in email as we all are. Hope we get all get in though. I'm stoked to see how it might be. I'm a huge fan of Xbox Live and Sony needs something like this to make their live experience good.
BAMF713 the one and only
Message 18 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

May 3, 2007
i got my invitation email on the 25 of april around 8pm and i responded to it @ about 10 am on the 26th...
G.A.P./Despair Faction PSN: agentoy
Message 19 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

May 3, 2007

argen_213 wrote:

You did have 24 hours of registration...

The invite was sent Wednesday night, the surveys ended Thursday night

Message 20 of 20 (2 Views)
0 Likes