Reply
Oct 27 2013
By: hannah-goes-rawr Wastelander 831 posts
Offline

hard to make friends on pshome?

64 replies 695 views Edited Oct 27, 2013

i haven't been on home long now but in the past month i've basically met someone who wants to probably rape me and someone else who is getting e-married after only, like, 4 months of knowing them through the internet.

 

what irks me is that these are the only people who have really responded to me. 

My hours live in double time
A headache lives between my eyes
I hold it hostage to a fault
Blame it when I lose my sight
It makes me so frustrated on the daily
Bear with me as I lose my cool
I swear it's only momentary
Message 1 of 65 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

i haven't been on home long now but in the past month i've basically met someone who wants to probably rape me and someone else who is getting e-married after only, like, 4 months of knowing them through the internet.

 

what irks me is that these are the only people who have really responded to me. 



Welcome to PS Home, where the perverts will try to marry you online and friendships are shorter than Hollywood marriages.


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 65 (688 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/09/2013
Offline
831 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

i haven't been on home long now but in the past month i've basically met someone who wants to probably rape me and someone else who is getting e-married after only, like, 4 months of knowing them through the internet.

 

what irks me is that these are the only people who have really responded to me. 



Welcome to PS Home, where the perverts will try to marry you online and friendships are shorter than Hollywood marriages.


the fact that is the first reply i get terrifies the crap out of me. Smiley Happy

My hours live in double time
A headache lives between my eyes
I hold it hostage to a fault
Blame it when I lose my sight
It makes me so frustrated on the daily
Bear with me as I lose my cool
I swear it's only momentary
Message 3 of 65 (683 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013
Shh, King. You're scaring people away with your "honesty". Who needs that, amirite? There are some very cool and funny people on Home. You may have to fish through a few...dozen... hundred...thousand...(you get the point) people to find them, but it just makes the success all the more rewarding. Hope you stick around and find some good people. :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 65 (661 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

Attending some of the forum events like the Blog Party offers you a way to meet people. You might want to give those a try. There is an inspect party tonight if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Edit: It's on the 29th.

Message 5 of 65 (656 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
Shh, King. You're scaring people away with your "honesty". Who needs that, amirite? There are some very cool and funny people on Home. You may have to fish through a few...dozen... hundred...thousand...(you get the point) people to find them, but it just makes the success all the more rewarding. Hope you stick around and find some good people. :-)

Scaring her? Oh, yeah, I meant.....attend events.....

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Community-Blog-Party/m-p/39307875#M1290252


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 65 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013
What are you doing here, Jo? Get back to the dungeon I left you in! Er... wait that sounded bad. I mean, get back to running dungeons for gear. Yeah, that's it. I agree, though. Events are a good way to meet some interesting folks. :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 65 (642 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4541 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

There is an inspect party tonight if I'm not mistaken. 

Did they move up the date for the Halloween PIP event?  If so, that's great as it will allow more people a chance to take advantage of the PSN cash back promo.

 

I was thinking about attending, but it seems there really aren't many hidden special items for guys it seems - not compared to all the animated items from Sony for girls.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 65 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2012
Offline
1571 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013
Takes awhile to find good friends on Home and in real life. Just use the ignore feature on the rest.

As far as a great next event to meet good people, we are having a PIP (Player Inspect Party) this Tues, 9:30pm ET. Just add PlayerInspect to your friend list.

And don't worry, it is just a party where we use the new inspect feature to buy hard to find and discontinued wardrobe items from each other. We also dance, talk, and generally just have a good time.

Hope to see you there. Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 9 of 65 (633 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
What are you doing here, Jo? Get back to the dungeon I left you in! Er... wait that sounded bad. I mean, get back to running dungeons for gear. Yeah, that's it. I agree, though. Events are a good way to meet some interesting folks. :-)

I got my Collesium Bikini yesterday. Yeah I'm happy. I need to get the mage stuff now. I'll be doing Darkhold dungeons runs this afternoon! Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 65 (629 Views)
0 Likes