Oct 27 2013
By: hannah-goes-rawr Wastelander 592 posts

hard to make friends on pshome?

64 replies 682 views Edited Oct 27, 2013

i haven't been on home long now but in the past month i've basically met someone who wants to probably rape me and someone else who is getting e-married after only, like, 4 months of knowing them through the internet.

what irks me is that these are the only people who have really responded to me. 

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 1 of 65 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: hard to make friends on pshome?

Oct 27, 2013

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

i haven't been on home long now but in the past month i've basically met someone who wants to probably rape me and someone else who is getting e-married after only, like, 4 months of knowing them through the internet.

Welcome to PS Home, where the perverts will try to marry you online and friendships are shorter than Hollywood marriages.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 65 (675 Views)
Wastelander
592 posts

Oct 27, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

Welcome to PS Home, where the perverts will try to marry you online and friendships are shorter than Hollywood marriages.

the fact that is the first reply i get terrifies the crap out of me. Smiley Happy

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 3 of 65 (670 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Shh, King. You're scaring people away with your "honesty". Who needs that, amirite? There are some very cool and funny people on Home. You may have to fish through a few...dozen... hundred...thousand...(you get the point) people to find them, but it just makes the success all the more rewarding. Hope you stick around and find some good people. :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 65 (648 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

Attending some of the forum events like the Blog Party offers you a way to meet people. You might want to give those a try. There is an inspect party tonight if I'm not mistaken. 

Edit: It's on the 29th.

Message 5 of 65 (643 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Oct 27, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
Shh, King. You're scaring people away with your "honesty". Who needs that, amirite? There are some very cool and funny people on Home. You may have to fish through a few...dozen... hundred...thousand...(you get the point) people to find them, but it just makes the success all the more rewarding. Hope you stick around and find some good people. :-)

Scaring her? Oh, yeah, I meant.....attend events.....

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Community-Blog-Party/m-p/39307875#M1290252

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 65 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Oct 27, 2013
What are you doing here, Jo? Get back to the dungeon I left you in! Er... wait that sounded bad. I mean, get back to running dungeons for gear. Yeah, that's it. I agree, though. Events are a good way to meet some interesting folks. :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 65 (629 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

There is an inspect party tonight if I'm not mistaken. 

Did they move up the date for the Halloween PIP event?  If so, that's great as it will allow more people a chance to take advantage of the PSN cash back promo.

I was thinking about attending, but it seems there really aren't many hidden special items for guys it seems - not compared to all the animated items from Sony for girls.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 65 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Takes awhile to find good friends on Home and in real life. Just use the ignore feature on the rest.

As far as a great next event to meet good people, we are having a PIP (Player Inspect Party) this Tues, 9:30pm ET. Just add PlayerInspect to your friend list.

And don't worry, it is just a party where we use the new inspect feature to buy hard to find and discontinued wardrobe items from each other. We also dance, talk, and generally just have a good time.

Hope to see you there. Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 9 of 65 (620 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
What are you doing here, Jo? Get back to the dungeon I left you in! Er... wait that sounded bad. I mean, get back to running dungeons for gear. Yeah, that's it. I agree, though. Events are a good way to meet some interesting folks. :-)

I got my Collesium Bikini yesterday. Yeah I'm happy. I need to get the mage stuff now. I'll be doing Darkhold dungeons runs this afternoon! Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 65 (616 Views)
0 Likes