Wastelander
568 posts

Re: hacked reward items

Jun 10, 2013
I really think they have bigger fish to fry really. By now in order to not risk killing their market by banning the population they should focus on killing it from the source (the creators of the exploit and such) then after that is done if they have the time work on removing the items from inventories. Personally it doesn't bother me too much if people have freebies that required no effort to obtain (like pottermoore clothing) but when I see people who get items like those cat items from that granzella edo event that kind of makes me mad because I have friends who earned them the hard way. But seems like for the most part people are getting these basic freebies from the quick dns thing. Plus I'm sure quite a bit of people doing it are also new to home and just hear about how to get some items. I would hate to have them all be removed and hurt the growth of home. So I'm kind of neutral on the ise thing I guess. If they stop it cool, if they don't whatever I'll still just be making costumes either way.
Message 11 of 20 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Jun 10, 2013

sony and the third parties involved with the items would receive the payment.

But what puzzles me somewhat is that as sony payment system to the third parties is automated and would give a breakdown of the items involved on the invoice etc to the third parties then they must be aware that they are receiving payment for particular items purchased that are no longer published.

Message 12 of 20 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Jun 10, 2013

who cares? people get items and such ad sony has done nothing so please stop worrying about others and their items . otherwise put on a cape and go out and fight crime. let the mods or whomever take care of it. trust me , they already know whats going on in home so please stop making new accounts just to rat people out because you are jealous. enjoy home for what it is

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 20 (376 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I care because all these exploits/hacks cause server lag. it is really noticeable in acorn park and it is easy to tell that there is a hacker present.
Message 14 of 20 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Jun 10, 2013

mousqueak wrote:
I care because all these exploits/hacks cause server lag. it is really noticeable in acorn park and it is easy to tell that there is a hacker present.

the only known thing that peole had a claim on about grief was the merging which lead to freezing. someone getting rewards and a mall hack has nothing to do with you. lag comes every single update on home and all last week people have been disconnecting , droping groups and clubs have been messed up. thats it thats all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 20 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Uh the exploits aren't really causing the lag its the Speed hack and DNS, Items are harmless unless merged. 

(Will not be reading replys)

Message 16 of 20 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 10, 2013
This is not lag from the update. this is lag caused by the speed exploit and when the user leaves the lag stops.
Message 17 of 20 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Best thing they could do is lock up the exploit, then send everybody's inventory through a filter that removes any legitimate items. Second-best thing would be to give those with ISE items an amnesty period, to come forward and have their ill-gotten goods removed from their accounts, then after the amnesty period, scan everybody's inventories and ban those who still cling to their radioactive squirrel.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 20 (330 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I don't mind people using ISE myself, I think they show some skills at working the system. I have been invited, but I won't do it now, because I am " afraid" of Sony and am afraid a sweep might one day come( and it is over 50% of home users doing Ise by the way, or filesharing) I am one of the people that would be caught quick, so, on home I look but don't touch. I am also worried that if I was to share information with someone who could help me ISE that they might take my account. I have seen at least one case of someone being hacked.  I would like to see sony make multi-regional packs of home items for sale, that might cut some ISE out, but hackers gonna hack, and they learn new things on both sides. 

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 19 of 20 (327 Views)
PlayStation Support
5456 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Hi all,

To report suspected hacking in PS Home please submit abuse reports in-game, and also PM HomeForumMods with the info you have and we'll be able to look into it.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 20 of 20 (292 Views)