Reply
Sep 01 2010
By: Sweet2525 Last Guardian 9319 posts
Offline

good friends leaving notes

13 replies 400 views Edited Sep 1, 2010

Is it wrong if 2 homies have been friends for a long time on home to leave a note to each other if they can not hang that night..or wont be on for a bit..etc..my friend does not like to leave notes...and sometime it upsets me...if the person left me a note I could make other plans etc...we hang the same time each night...we are really good freinds...just a short note is fine...like if the person is going to watch the ball game etc...I know not to wait for the person..how do you all feel

Message 1 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
4834 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 1, 2010

You need more friends... I'm sure you have more than one but you can have many. Join a Club, play poker, go bowling, post more in threads that you have an interest in, participate in the forum contests, etc.  Then you will have to start deleting friends you don't want to delete to make room for new ones.    Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2008
Offline
2604 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 1, 2010

It really depend how intimate or good friends you are with the person.  I have been M.I.A since July 7th, 2010 with my PS3 being YLOD, which mean majority of the users I can not contact via email on my buddy list probably think am already long gone from my account, but I will return this month when PS3 MOVE/Slim bundles release in mid-September.

 

I can see what you meant by simple short notice etc to notify your friend or friends that you will be away from your console, but sometime I can't leave a PM to all of my 100 buddies eventho I have them as gaming buddies, but not as close or intimate in real life friends relation on the PS3.

 

So all in all I only leave a notice or PM to my friends whom I am always in contact with in HOME or online gaming and others whom I don't keep in touch in HOME or online gaming is just there to share HOME/gaming info.

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
9847 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

Sweet2525 wrote:

Is it wrong if 2 homies have been friends for a long time on home to leave a note to each other if they can not hang that night..or wont be on for a bit..etc..my friend does not like to leave notes...and sometime it upsets me...if the person left me a note I could make other plans etc...we hang the same time each night...we are really good freinds...just a short note is fine...like if the person is going to watch the ball game etc...I know not to wait for the person..how do you all feel


No offence, but you sound kind of "clingy". You demand that your friend has to report to you every day about what they plan to do on PS3. Just like the other guy said, you need to make more friends. I have many friends in HOME. One of the main reasons why those people are my friends is because I would never require them to report to me about their comings and goings in HOME. I just see them when I see them.

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
705 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

lol i wouldn't really care that much... i would care if it's in person.. but not on home or anything lol.. that doesn't really upset me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/17/2009
Offline
1427 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

 


bronxsushi wrote:

No offence, but you sound kind of "clingy". You demand that your friend has to report to you every day about what they plan to do on PS3. Just like the other guy said, you need to make more friends. I have many friends in HOME. One of the main reasons why those people are my friends is because I would never require them to report to me about their comings and goings in HOME. I just see them when I see them.


While I do agree with your advice about making more friends, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to "clingy." If I was regularly hanging out with someone pretty much every day, it's a matter of simple common courtesy to let the other person know you're going to be away. It's something I always try to do... and one thing I sure have noticed, being in a virtual world makes a lot of people think they have zero obligation to treat anyone with any degree of courtesy... and that is far more "wrong" than expecting someone you may be close to actually show some courtesy!

 

______________________________________________________
BIGGEST pressing need in Home... add "banish from my screen" to the BLOCK command
Message 6 of 14 (400 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

Nothing wrong at all about leaving notes for friends to let them know you won't make it on to meet up and everything. This is why I constantly am talking about the need for some sort of PS3 app/feature for the PSN that is like Twitter, where people can send short notes to friends via text message or something (send short messages that can be seen on your profile like the comments). This way if you are running late you can send a quick text letting your friends know to start a game without you or something. If you can't make it online, the same. If your PS3 is bugging out and you can't seem to connect online or even boot it up, text a message viewable from your PSN Profile. It happens a lot, at least to me, and is indeed nice to let friends know if you'll make it or not.

 

However, I WOULD suggest not getting upset if a friend doesn't leave you a note. Sure it's nice to leave a note, but it's not something that should be demanded or anything. It's sort of like friendship. You're friends because you want to be, not because you HAVE to be. Leave notes because you WANT to let your friends know, not because you HAVE to like it's a job or something. When it moves to demanding notes like that, then you've moved away from a voluntary act of friendliness and friendship to something else. If your friend doesn't want to do it voluntarily, then . . . well they don't share the same feelings/level of friendship that you feel with them. Then again, some people do things like that naturally (habitually) while others don't always think to leave notes (Even though they are excellent friends and would leave notes if they had the habit of remembering).

 

The thing about friends, is that you shouldn't necessarily nit-pick over fickle things like leaving notes. Friendship is a mutual thing, something both people should desire, and want to be nice and do nice things for the other. When it becomes demanding, or one becomes critical of the other . . . then the frienship is in danger.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 7 of 14 (400 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/12/2010
Offline
506 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

 


Reverend_M wrote:

Nothing wrong at all about leaving notes for friends to let them know you won't make it on to meet up and everything. This is why I constantly am talking about the need for some sort of PS3 app/feature for the PSN that is like Twitter, where people can send short notes to friends via text message or something (send short messages that can be seen on your profile like the comments). This way if you are running late you can send a quick text letting your friends know to start a game without you or something. If you can't make it online, the same. If your PS3 is bugging out and you can't seem to connect online or even boot it up, text a message viewable from your PSN Profile. It happens a lot, at least to me, and is indeed nice to let friends know if you'll make it or not.

 

However, I WOULD suggest not getting upset if a friend doesn't leave you a note. Sure it's nice to leave a note, but it's not something that should be demanded or anything. It's sort of like friendship. You're friends because you want to be, not because you HAVE to be. Leave notes because you WANT to let your friends know, not because you HAVE to like it's a job or something. When it moves to demanding notes like that, then you've moved away from a voluntary act of friendliness and friendship to something else. If your friend doesn't want to do it voluntarily, then . . . well they don't share the same feelings/level of friendship that you feel with them. Then again, some people do things like that naturally (habitually) while others don't always think to leave notes (Even though they are excellent friends and would leave notes if they had the habit of remembering).

 

The thing about friends, is that you shouldn't necessarily nit-pick over fickle things like leaving notes. Friendship is a mutual thing, something both people should desire, and want to be nice and do nice things for the other. When it becomes demanding, or one becomes critical of the other . . . then the frienship is in danger.


 

I Agree with the MOD or whatever he is on this one. There is more options as well. Like leaving your PS3 on and placing your status as "Unavailable" with a breif comment on your comment bar, Like "At School" or "SleepingLaterPeoples" (Like i do ALOT) so then that he knows you are not there. Easier than dropping a message by any standard.

   Plus people are more inclined to message you info and general chat if your name appears as online, So you miss less in your online world as well as everyone knowing you are not there at that moment. But you do sound clingy as bronxsushi said so i wouldent be on your friends list personally. But hey, Im sure there are a ton of great qualities about you!

   Remember it is a game (to a point). Read my discussions for more info on that because even though it is a game people can take it seriously. I know i do, But i understand that no friendship on Home is better or more important than real life. And i understand that NONE of them will develope to meeting them in real life (unless they are coming to burn my house down or something, lol). So i take it seriously as i can. But worrying about a friend not dropping you a note is kinda taking it to far.

   I recommend going outside and taking a deep breath and chilling out for awhile.

Signature for ChrisMSandvig
Message 8 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

Hmmm. One thing that always bugs me is this. U run into someone in Home? They add u or u add them whatever the case to the friends list.

 

And most of these people who u have on ur friends list u never really hear from or see after that anyways. So why add them to begin with?

 

Just makes no Sense!

 

Very odd.....

 

 

 

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 9 of 14 (400 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
704 posts
 

Re: good friends leaving notes

Sep 2, 2010

 


DCS-Tekken wrote:

Hmmm. One thing that always bugs me is this. U run into someone in Home? They add u or u add them whatever the case to the friends list.

 

And most of these people who u have on ur friends list u never really hear from or see after that anyways. So why add them to begin with?

 

Just makes no Sense!

 

Very odd.....

 

 

 


True, I couldn't agree more. very sad indeed.

 

_________________________________________________
"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
"Don't play with fire, if you know you're going to get burnt!"


Message 10 of 14 (400 Views)