Jul 23 2012
By: bfear333 I Only Post Everything 1231 posts

getting sick from bullying

21 replies 523 views Edited Jul 23, 2012

Well i just met someone the other day.. and now i hear they are sick?  Well hope that person has a speedy recovery.  our community has many ppl who dont care..   but i dont want anyone to get sick.  I been bullied where ive been very hurt.  bullying needs to stop cause you never know whats going on with that person.  you wouldnt hate your mom if she had no arms.  so why hate anyone.  were all different.  and some ppl do have problems.  anyway.  hope that person gets well and we can talk if i see them again.  

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 1 of 22 (523 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: getting sick from bullying

Jul 23, 2012

If someone wants to kill themselves over a video game then they belong in a mental hospital just sayin...

Photobucket
I met a girl who was wearing a shirt that said "GUESS" on it. I said "Implants?" Smiley Happy *she slapped me*
Message 2 of 22 (497 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28874 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

No one should ever be put in that position. We have no idea what the mental state of every user of Home is like. But we do know good behavior from bad. And in a few cases that bad behavior has become very ugly. 

But for some people it's become acceptable to hurt others. And for some, it's so much easier to blame the victims and targets of abuse than the abuser themselves. You're weak, you shouldn't be in Home. You're female, you shouldn't be in Home. You're this race or that race, you shouldn't be in Home. Maybe we're afraid of our own weaknesses being known?

That is heartless and pathetic excuse to accept bullying.

If someone is so turned off of Home due to bad behavior, harassment and threats, shouldn't we show our understanding and support. Should we protect and help those in our community who ask for it? Instruct them and guide them? To let them know that they are not alone and that we are willing to care for them as a member of this community?

Bullying in Home is unacceptable behavior and goes against the Terms of Service. It goes against what I know to be right. And so I will guide and teach, support and comfort. And I will report. Generously.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 22 (457 Views)
Wastelander
837 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Yes it does needs to stop bullies in home are just crying out for attention they make there avatars look like bad A when all reality there sitting on there mommy's couch pausing there video game asking for cheesey puffs. And in real pretty much the same there life sucks so they don't like to see other's happy.

Message 4 of 22 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

bfear333 wrote:

Well i just met someone the other day.. and now i hear they are sick?  Well hope that person has a speedy recovery.  our community has many ppl who dont care..   but i dont want anyone to get sick.  I been bullied where ive been very hurt.  bullying needs to stop cause you never know whats going on with that person.  you wouldnt hate your mom if she had no arms.  so why hate anyone.  were all different.  and some ppl do have problems.  anyway.  hope that person gets well and we can talk if i see them again.  

You believe all the crap that manages to make its way on these forums?

GROW UP!

There are people in the world with REAL, ACTUAL problems and not looking for people to pity them.

And something you should know. People in mental institutions DO NOT have access to the Internet. Period. That person's post was an insult to people who ACTUALLY have mental problems and ACTUALLY been admitted to a mental institution.

Message 5 of 22 (454 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Can I report some activity board posts for bullying?
Message 6 of 22 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Yeah what you said I was in one for 2 weeks and they didn't even bother to upgrade to HD t.vs yet lol
Message 7 of 22 (434 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

The moderator locked the other thread and now we have a new one based on that one it appears. Pixels cannot bully you. You have ignore, mute and your ability to just pay them no attention. 

You'll only be bullied if you let them and if you respond in kind. 

The one thing you can be sure of is if you ignore them they'll get bored and leave. 

Message 8 of 22 (431 Views)
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jul 24, 2012

someone got sick from being bullied?

so like you make fun of someone for a shirt they are wearing and BOOM they get the flu?

smells like a government military experiment...

Message 9 of 22 (424 Views)
VP of Gaming
28874 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

You'll only be bullied if you let them and if you respond in kind. 

The one thing you can be sure of is if you ignore them they'll get bored and leave. 

That's very easy to say.

You and I know what to do. Unfortunately some people do not, or cannot understand to do so. Thus, we as good citizens of the Home community, should open our hearts and help others, if it is in our nature. Help and teach others. And let them know that they are not the ones to be blamed, but the bullies who have nothing better to do and have no care for what will happen to their account(s) - and reputation.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 22 (403 Views)