Dec 15 2011
By: MrFirstPlayer Uncharted Territory 1406 posts

...getting naked in public... (<_<)

23 replies 75 views Edited Dec 15, 2011

We've all done it at one time or another...

Arrive at a hoppin' spot just to see 'Oh No! She has on this same dress -_-"  >grumble<

Off we go into wardrobe.

Most of the people I hang out with do so love to be an original.

I am confident in assuming that you, like I have not the slightest bit of modesty when it comes down to ripping it all off at the Hub <or any other space for that matter> right down to my translucent sillohuette to don the best and latest original blends that my wardrobe has to offer.

A rather curious thing if you think about it.

How often is it that, in your day to day lives 'in the real world' you find the opportunity, perhaps while grocery shopping to throw caution to the wind and let the garments fly right down to the holy moley's  (0.0)  ???

Unless your life is vastly more exciting than mine, I venture the opportunity does not present iitself often.  ...ok I have that one summer camp story but thats a horse of a different color... I kid (>_>) ..slightly.   tru fact "YOU GO TO JAIL FOR THAT" LoL

Anyhoo, Home is wonderful in its believabilty. A tree looks like a tree and an avatar does not look like a Bratz Doll .... I say that with no disrespect <clears throat> to Xbox fans but the truth is the truth. Believability is one of Sony's strong suits and has always been better in my opinion.

If you follow along this train of thought one might ponder...What is so believable about changing clothes in a public space when you are unable to change clothes at a friends house? Isnt that somewhat of a backward way of thinking?   ..maybe, kinda?

Dont get me wrong, I adore changing clothes in public spaces < on Home > and would never suggest that be altered, however I am curious of what hurdles must be in play that make it difficult to offer wardrobe at a friends personal space.

I am sure that you, like me have guests often and it seems I am steady always re-inviting them back when a wardrobe change is due.

What do you think?

How great would it be if we could access wardrobe from a friends personal space?

and,

What do you think may prevent this from happening?

Message 4 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Re: ...getting naked in public... (<_<)

Dec 15, 2011

I for one never understood why we couldn't change in a friend's personal space. It's incredibly irritating to have to leave said space just to change.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Dec 15, 2011

great minds think alike  xD

Message 2 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Dec 15, 2011

A lot of people feel this way. I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope there's a future update that does something about this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Dec 15, 2011

I've heard it's because personal spaces are handled on different servers than public spaces and they are set up differently. Which is why people with accounts on foriegn servers can come to your space and vise versa, but they can't come to foriegn public spaces.

Message 5 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Dec 15, 2011

thats very good input. I guess maybe clubs are the same way. I have 2 PS's and on each every personal space is different but the club is the same. nice on pointing that out  xD

Message 6 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Dec 15, 2011

speaking of getting nekkid in public one of my club's i'm in had a "Flesh Mob" last Oct where we would dress down our avatar's to show as much skin as possible, it was pretty fun. check out sum pics here http://www.incognito-x.com/t453-incognito-flesh-mob

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 7 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Dec 15, 2011

i remember the last thread regarding All these ACTIVE ITEMS .. sometimes it surprises us what sony has up its sleeve

Message 8 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Dec 15, 2011

I do however thank you for your opinion.

Message 9 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28867 posts

Dec 15, 2011

MrFirstPlayer wrote:

What do you think may prevent this from happening?

Beware the flying asterisk *****

Possible crashing, stealing information/control or glitching another's account/personal space.

A personal space is meant to be controlled by the owner of that account. Allowing others to go into their own wardrobe while in someone else's personal space might risk giving up that control and perhaps cause damage.

Personally, I have no urge to change clothes in someone else's personal space and I do not see it as a major issue, but a wish and desire. It's easy enough to "step out" to my own personal space for a minute or so and then to return to my friend's place. And I feel that there are more important issues to address and more activities to bring to Home than something like this.

But then we sometimes get a few surprises given to us, don't we?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes