Jan 13 2013
By: HOME_helpers1 Lombax Warrior 112 posts

does sony deal with cyberbullying good?

6 replies 921 views Edited Jan 13, 2013
hi i just what users options about cyberbullying on playstation home i think they need deal with cyberbullying more i been cyberbullyed for being disabled so what are ur options and how can sony deal with cyberbullying better?
Message 1 of 7 (921 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: does sony deal with cyberbullying good?

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Well since Sony can get to everyone who "is" getting cyberbullied.

Options you have are to ignore, not throw yourself into the lions den.

Because I think if you make yourself a target for it, you're no better than the one cyberbullying.

Reporting only does so good, since I doubt mods read every report that comes and goes.

Pming mods on here work, it's better to show up evidence so they can at least know what was getting said.

Not he said/she said type of deal.

Message 2 of 7 (911 Views)
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I have it very easy to report bullies using the report option in Home. And if the issue was serious enough, I would send a PM to HomeForumMods with the PSN ID, date, time, time zone and details of the offense. And then I "tune out" the offenders, only responding if they have a legitimate issue or concern.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 7 (906 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 13, 2013

HOME_helpers1 wrote:
hi i just what users options about cyberbullying on playstation home i think they need deal with cyberbullying more i been cyberbullyed for being disabled so what are ur options and how can sony deal with cyberbullying better?

Best way to deal with cyberbullies if u cant take it?   Push quit on joystick. Then push turn off playstation.  If u have a sister ask her if u can play with her dolls.

Message 4 of 7 (857 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Yes, they deal with it very well, they installed a feature that allows makes the cyber bully unable to be heard, face your direction of gesture at you if they are harassing you, you select the bully in question and press ignore and suddently its like your actually ingoreing them! Sony takes away all the ignoring effort and does it for you, now that's service! Lol but seriously, if some one is bothering you don't look to Sony when they have already given you your means to be rid of bullys, you have a block list, for god sakes ppl, use it!
Message 5 of 7 (809 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I've run into some bullies myself on Home. I usually press the select button and report them for bullying/harassment. Then I put them on ignore, and if they are really bad, I block them completely.

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 7 (787 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
14357 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Cyberbullying can be prevented by putting the harassers on Ignore or Block and you won't see his text and emotes. For serious matters of cyberbullying, don't hesitate to use the Report button by pressing Select on on your PS Home screen and highlighting the harasser's ID and reason for filing the report. 

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 7 of 7 (746 Views)
0 Likes