Fender Bender
4030 posts

Re: do they really use it?

Aug 11, 2009
I really wish I had the time to look through all the suggestion threads and count what exactly was put in the threads, then later in home. I call BS on the 100 per month, as I had stated earlier in the thread.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Aug 11, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

I think the phrase "Every single month" is complementing the verb "Compile", not "produced."

So the sentence should read, "Every single month, I compile a list your feedback into a list of Items to be produced" Now i know why ur confused and i can see how that is confusing. But i think its obvious Locust meant to complement the verb "compile" and not "produced" by his "every single month" statement.

does that make sense.

Message Edited by CRUNKRIS on 08-10-2009 10:41 PM

It makes plenty of sense, but what I am saying, where is this list? Ive tried to count ideas from those threads that have made it in home, and found like 5, but they are probably coincidence. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 52 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Aug 11, 2009

I think the phrase "Every single month" is complementing the verb "Compile", not "produced."

So the sentence should read, "Every single month, I compile a list your feedback into a list of Items to be produced" Now I know why ur confused and I can see how that is confusing. But I think its obvious Locust meant to complement the verb "compile" and not "produced" by his "every single month" statement.

does that make sense?

So now the point would be that the list is compiled monthly instead of the content being produced monthly. Honestly I would like some clarification on that too. I'm finding it hard to believe 100 items from the thread hit Home each month which is why I have no other choice but to believe his statement was referring to the list being compiled instead of the content. Maybe he will post and clear that up.

Message Edited by CRUNKRIS on 08-10-2009 10:45 PM
Message 53 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Aug 11, 2009

zoahporre wrote:

It makes plenty of sense, but what I am saying, where is this list? Ive tried to count ideas from those threads that have made it in home, and found like 5, but they are probably coincidence. 

which is why I asked Locust if he could post the list here on the forums. But for some obvious reason he said it could not be done. But like what I think Locust meant to say by his earlier statement, we can't be too sure the first 100 items have even hit Home yet. All it means is the ideas have been collected, not necessarily produced and/or released yet.

However i'm sure we can think of 100 things fro mthe very first suggestion thread that have already made it to Home. I would still like that list. I completly understand the complications but it would be soo nice, maybe restore confidence, and clear this all up.

Message 54 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Aug 11, 2009

guidoXXL wrote:
the suggestion thread.....
I know it keeps the forums cleaned up and (somewhat) tidy....
but honestly, do they really use it?
We see many of the same suggestions (voice chat radios and TVs)
but there has been some really good suggestions on clothing and what not that seems to go unanswered.

We are asked to put all suggestions in a thread that reaches over fifty pages in a matter of weeks.

Home managers have a big job to do and asking for some kind of word back about suggestions hardly seems even a matter to look at.

am I the only one who feels this way?
how many of you requested a goatee moustache combo and nothing...
I know thats been frequested for months now....

What about THIS suggestions thread?!?!?

Message 55 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Aug 11, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:

Guys,

Dropping in here to give a little reassurance (seems like I do this everytime there is a suggestion thread ). The process is this: We post a monthly suggestions thread, you give us your feedback, I compile your feedback into a list of 100 items to be produced every single month. Those items are then produced and made available for your enjoyment.

I think this is an important question to ask here.
By 100 items do you mean restricted to virtual items or ideas as well?  Consider the case when someone makes suggestions to optimizations of features in Home, or improvements to the chatting systems, instancing systems, etc.  Things that require a core client update.
The reason I ask this is because the core development is done by SCEE correct?  At the same time autonomy is given to SCEA to produce content.  So are those core ideas passed up along through the proper chain or should we focus solely on virtual items? 

Message Edited by BitRunner on 08-11-2009 02:36 PM
Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 56 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 11, 2009

i believe u will have more luck bringing in an idea if u suggest it to a actually talkertive and openminded mod. i know not many of those around but they do exist.

Message 57 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Aug 11, 2009

MizzyMuffin wrote:

i believe u will have more luck bringing in an idea if u suggest it to a actually talkertive and openminded mod. i know not many of those around but they do exist.

The mods aren't managers they are paid to police Home but not to actually develop it. 

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 58 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Aug 11, 2009
i know that very well but they also suggest thing to the developer team bc they see first hand what goes wrong where.
Message 59 of 59 (44 Views)
0 Likes