Jul 19 2014
By: BRAZILIAN_GODESS Lombax Warrior 176 posts
Accepted Solution

defamation and bullying.

17 replies 592 views Edited Jul 19, 2014
Ya know. I'm so tired of people calling me a man on here. They never say it to me directly but they pm my boyfriend and it to him and it makes him frustrated. My boyfriend knows what I look like and I has a son last year. People can be so cruel and not know the person. All because of my name? He was told that with a name like mine, I must be a man. Sorry. I'm venting right now, trying not to cry. Makes me not want to play home and I''ve been playing since day one.
Message 1 of 18 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: defamation and bullying.

Jul 19, 2014

Well, I believe that you should report them, ignore, and block them. Tell your boyfriend to do the same as well. Don't let them ruin your experience. You can report from right here https://np.us.playstation.com/ or press select while in home and report the user for bullying.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 18 (589 Views)
VP of Gaming
28199 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2014

What does it matter whether we are a male or female, Straight or Gay in Home? We are all (well, many of us are) gamers. It doesn't really matter what we are as long as we conduct ourselves as polite and respectful people.

But if we feel that it is a problem, we have tools to deal with such behavior. IGNORE, BLOCK and/or REPORT.

If you are being harassed in Home, posting here using the account you use in Home may increase the harassment you are experiencing. Trolls love to feed on the attention we give them. Not only the people who are currently causing you issue, but those who may read this thread.

Also, while in Home, do not talk to or about the person you are having issues with. He likes it.

Besides the tools mentioned above, we also can come to this forum and report the issue if it is continuous or escalates. Simply click on HomeForumMods and send a message with the following information: The PSN ID of the alleged offender. The date, time, time zone and details of the offense. Do this each time you have a problem. 

And do share this information with your friends in case they should have the same experience.

If you have any questions, please contact me privately. I will reply as soon as I have the time.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 18 (585 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 19, 2014
I mean I guess it's bothering me because it's been happening so much lately. I usually dont let things of the sort bother me and I block and use the report button religiously. It just kind of suck. But thank you guys.
Message 4 of 18 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
479 posts

Jul 19, 2014
U are a Goddess and u know it. Be proud of urself don't let jelly people hurt u Smiley Happy yes people who think they are better really suck xD
Message 5 of 18 (570 Views)
Wastelander
689 posts

Jul 19, 2014
I know there are a lot of girls who would love to be in your position right now... To be called a man and not get hit on...

Though I can understand why you're upset, and I'm sorry if the former doesn't grant you any levity. Honestly all the people you need to prove yourself to are already in your life. And you should let them hold your griefs rather than let other people who you may not know break you down.
Message 6 of 18 (552 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jul 19, 2014

Mute them.

Bullying cannot be stopped online. Beyond giving reporting/mute tools, developers cannot help the anonymous cesspool that is online gaming. It is up to you to be the bigger person and mute them. Don't feed the bullies and the trolls.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 18 (538 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
725 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2014

My friend Lee got trolled for years at Hudson Gate & i was bullied for months on English Forums by a certain female 1 day i retaliated & i was banned for months from English PlayStation Forums now ive permanently boycotted English PlayStation Forums as SCEE Moderators wouldn't get off my back they always took them lot sides & i always spoke the truth about PSH

Message 8 of 18 (513 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 19, 2014
You guys are right. Thank you so much. I ended up playing gta with my guy and calmed down. And y'all are right. I really don't care if they think I'm a male or female because my man knows and we are moving in together so that's all that matters at the end of the day. I only get it from females lol.
Message 9 of 18 (506 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2014

BRAZILIAN_GODESS wrote:
Ya know. I'm so tired of people calling me a man on here. They never say it to me directly but they pm my boyfriend and it to him and it makes him frustrated. My boyfriend knows what I look like and I has a son last year. People can be so cruel and not know the person. All because of my name? He was told that with a name like mine, I must be a man. Sorry. I'm venting right now, trying not to cry. Makes me not want to play home and I''ve been playing since day one.

For someone who claims to have been playing Home since "day one" you would think that you would be better equip to handle such situations.  Defamation I would hardly call it that and bullying is the intimitation of others, usually by the same person.  Apparently this was more for venting purposes then anything else BUT as a word of advice:  Focus on the positives in your life, in your case that would be your son and dont let virtual nonsense influence you in a negative way Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18 (516 Views)