Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: clothing for women who votes for this crap?

Oct 13, 2012

evilfluffybunny wrote:

Hmmm.... *shakes head at this thread*

I'm for all styles of clothing in Home, as I like a lot of everything in real life. So I'm not going to say we shouldn't have more styles of clothing, even if they don't show much skin.

Anyway, hate to break it to people that say, "When female avs wear so little, no wonder why they get hit on." or that "Female avs wear so little for attention purposes.". Maybe you weren't here back in the early stages of Home, but I recall female avs not having revealing clothing, yet they still got hit on like crazy. In my honest optinion, things haven't drastically changed. Sure, there's more revealing outfits, but it hasn't further made the boys act like tools. This has always been apart of Home and will continue to be, no matter what the clothing line is and how popular it is. I've said it before and I'll say it again: As long as it has bewbs and a*s, there's always going to be a bunch of boys behaving like idiots.

In my experience, I hardly have any troubles with the idiotic little boys that run around Home, no matter what my av is wearing. There's occasional moments, in which they come to bug me, but I don't feel bugged. Instead, I get smart with them, until their fragile minds don't know what else to say and run away. OR... I simply just ignore them.

As for the attention seeking, I have never dressed my av in any outfit just to get attention. I dress my av in stuff I actually like and would/have wore in real life. If I think it's cute and goes with something I own, I get it and wear it. That's it.

Now, I know some people have this whole thing with there being a time and place in Home for wearing certain things, but I don't. It's a virtual world and if I like my outfit, I'm keeping it on no matter what space I visit. Does that mean I'd do the same in real life? No. But is Home real life? Nope.

Anywho, I really do hope to see more styles of clothing in Home, even if they don't show much skin. Variety in general, is good to have.

I have to say that some of the clothing choices DO attract certain attention. Given the choice between a female avi in default clothes and one sporting a plunging neckline and short shorts, the guys are gonna flock to the scantily clad "girl". That being said I know this and I can handle it and won't act shocked or offended by it. It takes quite a bit to shock or offend me and I'm quite capable of dealing with what comes my way.

I'm amused and somewhat offended by those who seem to think that no males should approach them when they don this garb and seem like their just itching to report any that do. Yes the males will rush to the females regardless, but it's all about who looks the most appealing...funny that they seem to have few worries about what gender is behind the avatar, they just know they want to rush the sexiest cartoon.

I like to have the choice of what I want to wear as well. It's a little like playing dress up with dolls all over again. Really all that anyone can do is wear what they choose to, what they enjoy and if they aren't happy with the choices out there, make suggestions for new ones. It's been mentioned that there are some very nice selections that are a bit more subdued...they are somewhat limited though. Obviously if the current trend wasn't selling, the developers would switch it up and we'd see more conservative styles.By my estimation, that just doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

Message 51 of 54 (120 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Young males are going to pursue females no mater what. They will go for them in bikinis and they will go for them in the blue default home shirt. They will also go for female avatars with a male username. Mix massive doses of testosterone with an underdeveloped teenage brain, and they tend to lose their concept of what is real and what is not. But really it's the approach rather than the interest.

If someone is looking for a cyber girlfriend and approaches in a friendly manner, there is nothing wrong with that. 90% of the time a polite "no thank you" will work. But if they come up with a "hey baby" or "u sexi" or something even more derogatory, they obviously don't understand what sort of conversation will appeal to a woman. Regardless of what a woman chooses to wear, whether virtual or real life, a certain level of respect is expected in the approach. Guys can complain all they want, but the bottom line is, if they don't do it right, they aren't going to get what they want. Everyone is obligated to exercise self discipline regardless of what they see and how they choose to interpret it.

Message 52 of 54 (108 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I think obligated is a little strong as far as word choice is concerned. Everyone may be expected to excercise self-discipline, but clearly many feel no obligation. As for my myself, I don't expect much and as a result, I'm seldom disappointed.

Message 53 of 54 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I guess it depends on what their goal is. I see a lot of guys who seem to think girls are "obligated" to give them attention, so I feel they are "obligated" to give respect. Understanding how to approach someone to achieve whatever goal you have in mind is a product of maturity... Which is a little hard to find in PS Home.

Message 54 of 54 (90 Views)
0 Likes