Aug 20 2009
By: The-Undead-One Sackboy 436 posts

**bleep** hapened to home since closed beta ?

10 replies 13 views Edited Aug 20, 2009

i just checked home fort the first tiem since last year to see if there was any evolution...well 20+ new map and ton of paid stuff and blabla ... but **bleep** hapened to the home engine ? now home lag like hell ... the framerate keep droping ..and ppl take forever to load ... and the HDD led is light up 100% of the time..last time i was in home there was 0 frame drop / freeze and bunch of 30-40+ ppl were loading in a couple sec.. now they just dont load ...  HDD work forever .. what hapened ?

Message 1 of 11 (13 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
513 posts

Re: **bleep** hapened to home since closed beta ?

Aug 20, 2009
First, the lag is probably your connection. It runs pretty smothly for me most times,once in awhile there is some lag. yes people take longer to load now sense the closed beta, but remember that was closed beta, there is a lot more people using Home at all times now. It is not going to run exactly the same as back then.

Message 2 of 11 (13 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Aug 20, 2009
lol there was more ppl on the beta .. is prety empty now .. or there just so many space that ppl is ver yscatered instead of all at the same point but...the framerate drop dosent have anything to do with the conection and there no problem on that side .. beta was like 60fps non stop even on most loaded scene
Message 3 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Aug 20, 2009
Home is lagging more them befor, but i do think that 1.3 update will be better with being able to add more HDD. "i hope"
Message 4 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 20, 2009

The-Undead-One wrote:

i just checked home fort the first tiem since last year to see if there was any evolution...well 20+ new map and ton of paid stuff and blabla ... but **bleep** hapened to the home engine ? now home lag like hell ... the framerate keep droping ..and ppl take forever to load ... and the HDD led is light up 100% of the time..last time i was in home there was 0 frame drop / freeze and bunch of 30-40+ ppl were loading in a couple sec.. now they just dont load ...  HDD work forever .. what hapened ?

could you repeat that in english please?

Message 5 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Aug 20, 2009

The-Undead-One wrote:

It's sad to say but most of the closed beta testers are gone now.  Sony took away many of the things that where in the CB and are slowly bringing them back brainwashing people into thinking that they are new.  It seems like the open beta has been nothing but down hill.

Please stay and post more we need more close beta testers to give there feed back on what they think Home should be.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 6 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Aug 20, 2009

The-Undead-One wrote:

Here's a thought: Video clips and music change in Home after a year, plus so do clothing items and areas

But then after a year I suppose it's just supposed to poof magically onto your PS3

Message 7 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Aug 20, 2009

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

The-Undead-One wrote:

Here's a thought: Video clips and music change in Home after a year, plus so do clothing items and areas

But then after a year I suppose it's just supposed to poof magically onto your PS3

nop from the net they load fine ...im speaking from the HDD ..data that is already stored ... instead of taking like 1/4-1/2 a second to load a person from the HDD it take many sec

Message 8 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Aug 20, 2009

TO op:

your name was regesterd on or after Open Beta Started, sorry dont remember u. A YEAR NOT ON HOME? NAHH!!!
Message Edited by polo155 on 08-20-2009 07:52 AM
Message 9 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Aug 22, 2009

The-Undead-One wrote:

TheUndertaker85 wrote:

The-Undead-One wrote:

nop from the net they load fine ...im speaking from the HDD ..data that is already stored ... instead of taking like 1/4-1/2 a second to load a person from the HDD it take many sec

Ugh... Let's try this.

When you even go into Central Plaza there's vids and music in the area. Until it loads things do lag and it takes longer to cache players as you're basically trying to push through characters and the additional content in the space. Characters also do not load from the HDD, nor do I think they ever have. The characters and pieces that are on your HDD are your own, not everybodys. These characters are created by other users then stored to their HDDs where they get streamed through as an image to other peoples' PS3s.

Message 10 of 11 (13 Views)
0 Likes