Sep 05 2012
By: woundedwombat First Son 18 posts

are bundled deals worth purchasing?

9 replies 266 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

i dont remember where i saw it on home but somewhere had a couple ps home bundles of i believe 150 items ... anyone ever buy it or know of anyone who has? also where on home can i find team jerseys of any kind , preferably football . thnx

brought to you by : woundedwombat !!! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4689 posts

Re: are bundled deals worth purchasing?

Sep 5, 2012
Are you talking about the 100 item bundles? There are a few, but this search page has a list of topics that cover what is included in these bundles: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...
Message 2 of 10 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 5, 2012

im not really sure but ill look at that. thank you

brought to you by : woundedwombat !!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11607 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

Any Bundle is worth buying.

There are 3 100 item bundles on Home (forget the base price, but $0.99 if you own 3 Mansion parts or some other exclusive items)

Also the PSN store offers bundles for Home also.

IMO, the best bundle for the $ is the Paris Clock Tower one.

$9.99 for the apt, 76 furniture items and a bunch of clothes.

Even if you don't want the apt. The furniture is WELL WORTH the price.

Message 4 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Sep 5, 2012

It really depends on how many items in the bundle you already own.

For me personally, if i already own 50 items in a 100 item bundle...im not gonna buy the bundle for the other 50 items. 

...but thats just me. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 5 of 10 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11607 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

It really depends on how many items in the bundle you already own.

For me personally, if i already own 50 items in a 100 item bundle...im not gonna buy the bundle for the other 50 items. 

...but thats just me. 

Agreed, but I know the OP hasn't bought anything yet.

Message 6 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Im gonna be devil's advocate for sec here and say that i once stated the same thing and friend of mine stated to me "I dont know if you consider paying good money for items you dont physically own a good deal then,  Yes".  Ever since then I kinda have that in the back of my head when i purchase an item or items from home.  Thats not to say its stops me Lol ... but it is a good point.  As far as the bundles i do think in some instances it is worth the price some not so much. 

Message 7 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

In theory, if all items included in each and every bundle you desired, then, yes, they would be worth it. But we don't live in a world of theory. We live in reality. There's no clear cut answer to this question, as all bundled deals are different, and people have different tastes. If you like a majority of the stuff included in the bundled deal, for the most part, it may be worth purchasing. If you are just trying to get a bargain for the sake of getting a bargain, that's your call.

Many of the smaller bundled bargains on Home (i.e. Lockwood outfit bundles) shave anywhere between $1-2, if you purchased the items, separately. For some of the larger bundled bargains (i.e. Clocktower Personal Space + Furniture, accessories), you would save a lot more money.

It's still ultimately your call if the items included in the bundle are worth buying. As with bundles, you cannot pick and choose al a carte what items you want, so you may be left with items you paid for at a lower cost that you would have never bought outside the bundle. That's why you have to ultimately determine whether or not specific bundles are worth the bargain.

Message 8 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 5, 2012

For me, I enjoy buying bundles. They are generally a "smart buy" and they are a great way to get more bang for your buck. However, sometimes you might buy a bundle and then hardly ever use the items in that bundle. Which would be a waste of money if you never use those items. It's all up to you and just take your time and read the description for the bundle that you may be interested in before you make your purchase.

Message 9 of 10 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I think the 100 item bundles are well worth the price. I had part of the mansion so they only cost me 99 cents or whatever. But think about it if you could buy every piece of furniture in there individually it would cost close to 75-100 bucks cause most items range from 25 to 99 cents
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a powerful driving force within every human being that once unleashed can make any vision, dream or desire a reality.
Message 10 of 10 (103 Views)
0 Likes