Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: age?

Jul 23, 2013

Black_MagicWoman brought up:

For me I see it as a personal choice that folks make. In a world of the internet where a person can be identified and located with just one click. I'm very Leary of dispensing personal info. I'd hate to step out my door one morning to go to work. Only to find some strange person greeting me. "Hello my name is xX _I _WANT_ KILL_YOU_NOW_Xx It's so nice to finally meet you. That would surely be a surreal moment.

;^) Heh. E3 was like that, except they were all cool.

As for age, Martin Luther King lived for the day when people stopped caring about irelevancies like color, sex, nationality, age, etc. and accepted/rejected each other based upon the content of their characters. Well, on the Internet, our anonymnity gives us such freedom as that. People's preconceptions cannot effect their judgements because there are no visual nor audiable cues to trigger them. Instead, we are forced to evaluate each other soley on the way we bahave and how we treat each other.

Maybe some folks are uncomfortable with that, and seek to learn which category to pigeon-hole each neighbor into first, so they'll know how to treat them. I recall from my younger days that we kids would act one way when adults were present, and another when they weren't....

Message 21 of 42 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Caitylynn wrote:
It's kinda creepy when people ask how old u r but never tell u their age.......anybody else get what I mean?

Not to many people here are going to understand you.  Why?  Well I'm assuming your a girl from your Avatar and user name.  So most men are not going to understand why that would bug you.  It would not bug a guy but more likely bug a girl/woman.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 22 of 42 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 23, 2013

i'm going to do the "thinks of a number" for now on... i like that!

i won't delete a kid in my FL just because their younger than me. i'll look at their gaming history FIRST, to see if they're playing kiddie games or anything relevant to my interests before i make that decision.

not sure how i feel about shared acounts...

+ mods + memes
Message 23 of 42 (204 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jul 23, 2013
i mean for me it depends when people ask. i don't mind unless they are being creepy about it or what not. I feel like asking what your birthday is would be worse. (or asked my age first then continued to ask when my birthday is)
Message 24 of 42 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jul 23, 2013

No problem telling people how old I am ( 24 ), as it gets rid of the 12 to 16 yr olds rather quickly.

I figure by the time they hit 17, they no longer care how old I am, only that I am female, and breathing.

The trickster 17 to 70 yr olds, give u a pause, and then return with " Cool, me too ", or " I'm 25 ".

Yeah, right, and I'm the Queen of England just doing a spot of region hopping.

I really don't mind telling people my age. It helps to weed out the good, the bad, and the ugly. Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 25 of 42 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Caitylynn wrote:
It's kinda creepy when people ask how old u r but never tell u their age.......anybody else get what I mean?

that, is why I always use the "think of a number" R1 option to answer that question.   Often with hilarious results!  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 42 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
3252 posts

Jul 23, 2013

When i mention my age it usually makes them leave as im older then most the kids on Home today lol But i never have a issue if they disclose there age.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 27 of 42 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I never ask anyone their age and I never give anyone my age.

I am asked a lot by people though, who want to make sure that they are not talking to a kid.

Personally it does not matter to me what age anyone is as I believe everyone has something to offer.

The kids on my friends list are respectful and a lot of fun as are the adults I have befriended.

In the real world I have had friends that are kids and friends that are elderly, and I have enjoyed having them in my life. Each one has a completely different perspective on life and it's an unforgettable experience being a part of that.

People on PSHome are very quick to tell me their age, and I have never had anyone get upset with me for not telling them mine, perhaps because they offered and I did not ask. 

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 28 of 42 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

A lot of times when someone asks me my age in Home, and I tell them. They run away lol. But one time around the time I first joined Home this girl comes up to me and asks if I want to join her club. I said that depends, what kind of club is it? Then she snapped back and said "I'm asking the questions here!" So then she asked me how old I was, and I said how old am I supposed to be? Then she said "Tell me now or I'm leaving!" So then I said "ok bye!", and gave her a friendly wave. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 29 of 42 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jul 23, 2013
I'm six. Smiley Happy
Message 30 of 42 (132 Views)
0 Likes