Survivor
1454 posts

Re: age?

Jul 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I don't mind answering such questions, but to save the trouble of asking me, I have my Birthdate posted on my Profile. All my gaming information, and the fact that I'm willing to help others, is posted there.

What profile are you referring to?  If it's the forum profile, there's nothing there, unlike the old one, where I recall reading yours, about your birthday in Febuary of '59, being in the service, Navy I believe, and a number of other things.  And no I'm not some whack-job stalker, I remember 'cause that makes you 6 months older than me (old man), but still considerably younger than Mur.

If you're referring to the XMB avatar profile, there's not enough room to put anything there except maybe your birthdate.

So I'm a little confused.  What profile?  Smiley Indifferent  DG

Posted Image
Message 11 of 42 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Hmmm... I don't know. Being that your Birth date is one of components needed for account recovery that seems kind of risky to me.  I've witnessed folks give the month and day of their birthdays. Some have even gone as far email addresses. Don't forget there are a lot of young impressionable kids running about home and a few predators as well.Woman Indifferent

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 12 of 42 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Caitylynn wrote:
It's kinda creepy when people ask how old u r but never tell u their age.......anybody else get what I mean?

I'm six.   Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 42 (256 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 22, 2013
When I get asked my age it's normally after the normal 'Hello', 'Where are you from?', so I sometimes say 'this is starting to sound like an interview', which leads me onto replying to their response by saying 'thanks, but I'm not applying for anything'.

I'm normally left alone then, but if not at least the conversation has moved on that I avoided the question (not that it's a big secret, it's just that I'd rather know someone a little while first, and I've also had similar experiences to Ladybugs).
Message 14 of 42 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jul 22, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

Caitylynn wrote:
It's kinda creepy when people ask how old u r but never tell u their age.......anybody else get what I mean?

I'm six.   Smiley Happy

So... you started posting on the forums when you were 2? Impressive. 

obama-not-bad-l.png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 42 (232 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

I don't mind answering such questions, but to save the trouble of asking me, I have my Birthdate posted on my Profile. All my gaming information, and the fact that I'm willing to help others, is posted there.

What profile are you referring to?  If it's the forum profile, there's nothing there, unlike the old one, where I recall reading yours, about your birthday in Febuary of '59, being in the service, Navy I believe, and a number of other things.  And no I'm not some whack-job stalker, I remember 'cause that makes you 6 months older than me (old man), but still considerably younger than Mur.

If you're referring to the XMB avatar profile, there's not enough room to put anything there except maybe your birthdate.

So I'm a little confused.  What profile?  Smiley Indifferent  DG

Hey do not drag me into this age thread! Smiley Frustrated But if someone asks me my age, I tell them. They usually excuse themselves very quickly or do not believe me. Not every old guy on Home is a bad guy. Many of us just enjoy having fun on Home, like the rest of you. Smiley Very Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 16 of 42 (220 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Jul 22, 2013
I rarely get asked my age. Only time I do, is when I'm conversing with someone for quite sometime and they will ask me. I don't ask people's age unless they ask for mine. Similar to Conrad, I have my age, sex, and location posted in the "About Me" on my PS3 profile.
Message 17 of 42 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Message 18 of 42 (211 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

For me I see it as a personal choice that folks make. In a world of the internet where a person can be identified and located with just one click. I'm very Leary of dispensing personal info. I'd hate to step out my door one morning to go to work. Only to find some strange person greeting me. "Hello my name is xX _I _WANT_ KILL_YOU_NOW_Xx It's so nice to finally meet you. That would surely be a surreal moment.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 19 of 42 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4700 posts

Jul 23, 2013
I like the kids that miraculously match the same age. Then after they run to the next person, they match their age and its different from what they told you. Those are the best ones. Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 42 (167 Views)