Splicer
51 posts

Re: accorns big spender reward i spent next to $100 dollars for this should of gave me my own park

May 24, 2014

The park fountain and the street light were my favorite rewards too. That tree, the first time I saw it, I thought was a joke. Of course part of it makes sense if you follow the saying... "from a tiny acorn grows a mighty oak" or something like that. Still it's no excuse, congratulations to those who've gotten the tree and to those who were expecting something better... bullet dodged?

Message 21 of 27 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4329 posts

Re: accorns big spender reward i spent next to $100 dollars for this should of gave me my own park

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

Seeing-Red wrote:

The park fountain and the street light were my favorite rewards too. That tree, the first time I saw it, I thought was a joke. Of course part of it makes sense if you follow the saying... "from a tiny acorn grows a mighty oak" or something like that. Still it's no excuse, congratulations to those who've gotten the tree and to those who were expecting something better... bullet dodged?

That's what bugged me though.  How is a miniture tree that fits on a coffee table that's smaller than some of the Bonsai tree items in Home qualify as "mighty"?  The implied suggestion is that it "grew" to a mighty size from that small acorn. :smileysad:

Like others, I expected the reward for such a costly challenge (in both time and money) that the reward would be an amazing unique apt... not a small trophy in the shape of a tree.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 27 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

Message 23 of 27 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
387 posts

accorns big spender reward i spent next to $100 dollars for this should of gave me my own park

May 24, 2014

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpeg

Message 24 of 27 (206 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

For as long as Sony and all of the developers lack the ability to respond to these sorts of things and more that everyone has had issues with for months and years on repeat, I think we can all assume the answer by now is exactly "HA HA!" as May2099 so adequetly highlighted.  

The only one who seems to have done some actual personal customer service is Madmunki who made Spunland, and has near immediately and effectively addressed issues of spunland having crash issues and bugs - and fixed them.  He has his own blog which he updates regularly and actually puts effort into.  And go figure, HES FROM THE UK. 

Same ol same ol business as usual for murika. 

Personally I think it's a combination of Sony not allowing devs to be as communicative with users as they want to be, and the devs simply being lazy.  I've seen civilian volunteer users of IMVU crank out 100 times the amount of items on a DAILY, HOURLY basis that home devs do.  Maybe it's because they do it because they enjoy it, or maybe IMVU is just a more decent platform.  Home trots out 2 shirts and acts like it's the 2nd Coming.

Who knows, I might just be talking crazy. 

www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Message 25 of 27 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
2060 posts

May 24, 2014

Delicious_Darla wrote:

VeeMee created the "Grow Home" plants. you water and feed and love them and they grow into giftable versions.

This is one of the only pictures I have of the completed plants. If I change the furniture in the slightest, I will have to restart again, just like the multiple item functions made by the juggernaught plants, and the clubhouse furniture rules.

I suppose it is possible that the tree contains a game function, but have not see anything to confirm it.

I was thinking of picking up these growing plants, but now? If this is true, no thanks!

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 26 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

May 24, 2014

Oh the tree didn't grow mighty. Veemee did by raking in all the money people spent on acorns. And I have to admit I like those bonsai trees, bummed lockwood took the red one out of the gift machine but that's another subject.

Message 27 of 27 (160 Views)
0 Likes