I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Re: a question about the clubs

May 3, 2010

This has gotten under my skin a little. I have considered since a few months back, that I would

consider joining a club, but if knowing that a fee could shut down a club at a moments notice, why join?

I don't aspire to own a club. Anyone who has been in my group while playing the ward of dispair

already knows, I don't mind being part of a team, but will lead you to destruction (on accident).

My biggest concern is I join a group, fees are applied, owner doesn't want to pay the fees,

next in command doesn't either, club is revoked, and EPIC FAIL.

Perish_Song
Message 11 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4789 posts

May 3, 2010

I think the best way to resolve this "monthy charge" is to only levy it towards the more advanced clubhouse and leave the basic one free. I'd pay for an advanced clubhouse if it included ... say a pool table, outdoor space w/bar-b-que and such, video and music. 

jaymc account
Message 12 of 22 (15 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

May 3, 2010

jaymc wrote:

I think the best way to resolve this "monthy charge" is to only levy it towards the more advanced clubhouse and leave the basic one free. I'd pay for an advanced clubhouse if it included ... say a pool table, outdoor space w/bar-b-que and such, video and music. 

That's really the only way I can see them justifying charging monthly fees. Because charging for how they are now is not going to go over well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

May 3, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

The monthly fee, when it comes about, will not be the price of "purchasing" the club. The reason for the fee is to cover bandwidth use and maintenance. Anothr reason for the fee is to make people think twice before starting a clubhouse which eventually may never be used. Though not used, these clubhouses do use bandwidth when someone just pops into them to see what's happening.

So, if anyone is considering creating a club, they should think thinks over clearly and decide if the club will be worth the price. What will the club be about? Meetings, events of just a place to hang out in? Will your members stay or drift away? Should you get a clubhouse or depend on a personal space? Find a focus and interest or leave it up in the air?

Having a clubhouse can be beneficial to a group as long as it's being used. If not, it might be a better idea to meet in your Harbour Studio apartment.

I hope they will increase the size of invites to personal spaces - but wonder if they will since you can get more people into a "club" than a private apartment.  But great advice there Sir Conrad!!

JPConway

Message 14 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

May 3, 2010

I would much prefer if they had a yearly fee option in case owners are busy for a month without signing in.  I have no problem paying a yearly subscription as it would be more convenient.  Monthly seems to be hard to keep track of.  As it was said before, the clubhouse is absolute garbage without more features.(custom clubhouses, frames, music, games, videos, etc).   If it remains the same with a obligatory  monthly fee witthout improvement, probably  90% of them will be dropped.

Message 15 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1870 posts

May 3, 2010

D-Nitrate wrote:

xX-SLYF3R-Xx wrote:

Didnt They Say By The End Of March .. There Was Going To Be A Fee ? Lol Its May Now.

In fact, originally they said that a monthly fee would start after March 2009, then when that came and went, they changed it to March 2010, and still there is no monthly fee.  So at least for now, they do not appear to be in a rush to start charging monthly fees.

I was looking at the clubs last month when this same question came up because of it being past March then. I am pretty sure that the

"fine print" has been reworded to something like; "A monthly fee may be charged but we notify Club Owners not less then 90 days before any fee will be charged." I cannot get to my PS3 right now but it I were you I would definitely re-read it to make sure you understand exactly what Sony is saying. Maybe someone else can look and see, and post the exact phase here for you.

Message 16 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

May 3, 2010

Perish_Song wrote:

This has gotten under my skin a little. I have considered since a few months back, that I would

consider joining a club, but if knowing that a fee could shut down a club at a moments notice, why join?

I don't aspire to own a club. Anyone who has been in my group while playing the ward of dispair

already knows, I don't mind being part of a team, but will lead you to destruction (on accident).

My biggest concern is I join a group, fees are applied, owner doesn't want to pay the fees,

next in command doesn't either, club is revoked, and EPIC FAIL.

Epic fail?  Really?  And you don't want to join a club because 'maybe' sometime in the future it might end?  Even though it costs nothing to join and use a club as a member? Seriously???? Cutting off your nose to spite your face is what I would call an epic fail.

I hate to break it to you, but with or without a monthly fee, clubs come and go no matter what.  It totally depends on the commitment level of the club owner and the amount of interest and activity of the members... And frankly, you might not be the kind of member a club owner wants, and they can kick you out of their club any time they like.

However, the point of being a member in a club is hanging out with friends in that space... which is the only personal space that lets guests access their wardrobe without having to leave first.  The other advantage to clubs is the owner can assign up to four of the members as sub-leaders, who can also leave messages on the club's message board.

Bottom line:  There are hundreds, if not thousands of clubs, many which are extremely active so clearly, despite the possibility that at some point in the future there might be some kind of monthly fee, it isn't keeping the thousands of club members from enjoying the use of their clubs right now.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 17 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

May 3, 2010

Clubs definitely will have fees later on. How much and all though is another story. I'm hoping that it's no more than $1-$2 a month. If it's $5 a month, that's a whopping $60 a year for a small PART of the PSN, No thanks (especially since the competition has all of their online costing that, not just a small part)!

But join a club, there shouldn't be any reason not to! If the club ends, well no big deal . . . you didn't lose anything because you didn't pay anything to join one, and instead you gained an opportunity to find and add some people to your friends list that share a common interest.

I also wouldn't be too worried about buying a club either. It's only $5, and when they start with the fees, they won't force you to pay them. You'll have the opportunity not to pay. Of course you lost a $5 personal space and all that, but . . .

What could solve the issue of making club owners lose their $5 is if they hopefully let the club owners keep their clubs with the basic functions it has now.

They won't start charging for clubs until they make it worthwhile. And by worthwhile, that means they'll have to add MANY more features and abilities for clubhouses (as well as multiroom clubhouses hopefully). Otherwise, in its current state it's definitely not worth a monthly fee! But if they added better communication features among members, increased member limit, various entertainment/media features (games you can add, as well as music and video sharing through the screen or speakers), then it'd be worth the continual drain of your wallet! (And it would be worth it for those who bought the clubhouse but don't want to pay the fees, to keep the basic clubhouse if they wish, for no fees whatsoever.)

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 18 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

May 3, 2010

This monthly fee bull**** needs to go.  We pay enough for Personal Spaces and avatar clothes and furniture.  We should own all rights and keep the club active just by buying the damn Club personal space.  Once that's done, it should be ****ing ours for as long as Home is running (or for as long as we stay not banned).

This fee is making owning a Club less "worth it".  I would much rather add members of my "club" to my Friends list and just invite them to my Summer House and use that as my Club House.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 19 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

May 3, 2010

If There Is Ever A Fee .. The Club Better Have More Features To It .. Like Working Stereos, TV's .. Ect Ect

Message 20 of 22 (15 Views)
0 Likes