Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: ZOMBIES CAN HAVE EQUALITY BUT GAYS CANT? WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Oct 30, 2009
I gave a kudo to the OP on accident... is there anyway to take it back?
Photobucket
Message 51 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 30, 2009
And it shocks me that even though you say why does it matter what your sexuality is and that it's not a big deal is that I have a person who is gay told me that I had no right to even mention the gay gamer sites because he claims that it is a safe haven for people like us. And that being said from someone who is gay, means clearly he is afraid to post anything regarding sexuality on this official Playstation Home forum. Now why does that still not sound right to me? Maybe I'm just crazy, maybe it's the lack of sleep, and my objective was to be a voice in crowd for people who were clearly too afraid to post anything about who you are, because I act like myself in PSHOME as I would in real life, because I am comfortable with who I am, and Home has come a long way, and I know some of my friends were thinking the same thing as me, just noone had the courage. You are right, it doesn't matter what ure sexuality is, but it also shouldn't feel like it should be avoided or covered up completely.
Message 52 of 85 (13 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 30, 2009
and you say it doesnt have a place in home when it REALLY does. It's a social environment, a chat room, and people flirt, and I've seen guys pretending to be girls, and vise versa, so if your trying to make new friends, which is a big thing for most people in home, theres a comfort knowing that you have people like you that dont runaway from u if you decline wanting to "Go find hot babes" when you'd rather be in the mall with a gay friend checking out the hot guys, and with the Clubhouses, that was yet again one of only 3 ways to find people you really can relate too.
Message 53 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Oct 30, 2009
Indeed, and I'm with you on that; you shouldn't feel as though you have to hide your true self in Home, but just like IRL it depends strongly on how well you know folk. I'm not saying 'don't act gay' or 'don't tell others you're gay' or 'Keep it hidden', I'm saying that you should take the same approach in Home that you do IRL. IRL you wouldn't run around telling everyone "Guess what? I'm gay." You might to your friends but not total strangers you meet on the street.

I guess I'm just confused, if you act like yourself in Home like you do IRL i don't see a problem. Some words are banned, sure, but would you want them to be free to use if all they were ever used for was anti-gay sentimentallity?

I might be reading too deep into this but it also seems as though you are wanting to meet others who share your sexuality, and want the words un-banned to help you in this pursuit. That too is a fine goal but you must still keep in mind that if you meet others in the community not all are going to want to be 'out' about themselves and if your group is officially out to the public that all members are gay it might dicourage others from joining

But like I said, I'm probably just reading too deep into your comments and reasons for this thread, I admit to not having read all pages of the discussion.

I still really don't see much of a problem. No one is actively keeping you from being who you are or expressing yourself as a homosexual, so be who you are to hell with those who say you're wrong.
Message 54 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Oct 30, 2009

To DigitalDevilSaga,

Staying ON topic.  The words you list are censored.   Is it right?  No.  But everything that is abused in Home is taken away.  Public voice chat.  Abused.  Gone.  Certain words.  Abused.  Gone.  To the point of ridiculousness.

I like to game launch.  Do you know that as a new form of obnoxious harrassment is that people rapidly spam game invites with no intent to launch?  This is done JUST to lag users out when they are trying to play mini games in Home.  If this keeps up game launching will be suspended indefinitly.  There are jerks in Home.  It's sad that while they ARE a minority they have a great influence on censorship in Home to protect ALL of us.

BTW if game launching in Home was ever to be revoked over this kind of foolishness,  Yes,  I'd be angry.  I'd probably write an angry OP and quit Home.  But the only ones who read it and respond are the ones who weren't guilty of "Invite Spamming" to begin with.

The jerks who were guilty would simply read it "Pfft, whatever." and go on with their ******bag tendencies.

Message 55 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 30, 2009
My current Home clubhouse is for people who don't want to pretend to be someone they arent. I just posted a response to Cydonias post on Playstation Homes year anniversary. I always refer to how amazing the XI experience was, and how the only way to solve some of these puzzles and get clues was finding someone in another country via this site or some other way which from previous posts i remember someone saying they were from the US and had a real-life close friend who had moved to germany that they knew where the poster was for some clue or something of the sorts, and breaking that barrier between the virtual and real world, people working together all over the world to find these real-world clues. So that is why it is important to me. That is who I am, and that is why I have my clubhouse for gays. This is what makes home a fun place for me. Being a REAL person, and finding people with MY interests. The people on my friends list and those that actively use home are those that either know me in real life, are gay thanks to the gay gamer sites i discovered, and it seemed like once i got to know someone and somehow the subject came up in some manner, somehow, what happened? Oh, they deleted me, or would block me, and it made Home seem pretty lonely. I have more fun with my headset chattin about guys, or talking about the recent break-up with my boyfriend of 6 years. It is hard too find people that can relate to that without calling you offensive forms of the word Gay.
Message 56 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Oct 30, 2009

I have yet to read the entire thread, but I disagree with the OP. I think the discussion of homosexuality should stay out of home. it has no place there.

On the other end I also do not think the discussion of heterosexuality has any place in home.

We should all respect one another, but no one has the right to tell anyone else how to live. Let's be realistic here while we're at it. No one really wants to hear about the sexuality of anyone else in Home. Most folks here would not care to hear my views on sexuality, so I don't speak about them. I would expect the same respect from everyone else. 

Aside from being divisive, it can also be terribly boring, or aften times just lead to straight out trolling on both sides.

Message 57 of 85 (13 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Oct 30, 2009

I really think this topic is silly and everything is being taken farther than it should be. Did this topic come up with the hampsters? Because I see it as the exact same thing Zombies and Hampsters. Something witty and funny and enjoyable for the season.

Also words got banned. LOTS of things got banned and it's for the best. Yes, when things are taken away it hurts some but it's for the greater good.

I miss Voice chat- but it was AWEFUL because ppl abusied it so much. Sorry to see that you and others feel like there is inequality going on but meausres are in place to keep it from being more injustice from going on.  No one is saying hide yourself. Sure there are bullies in HOME just like everywhere else but you can report them in HOME. 

Message 58 of 85 (13 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm as I am sitting on my ps3 I am getting friend requests from gay people who don't have any gay friends.
Message 59 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1596 posts

Oct 30, 2009

DigitalDevilSaga wrote:
Hmmm as I am sitting on my ps3 I am getting friend requests from gay people who don't have any gay friends.

Hey thats good, birds of a feather always flock together, or so I hear....hmm maybe thats why Im so lonely lol

Message 60 of 85 (13 Views)
0 Likes