Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Your thoughts - public space takeover?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013
Of course it is inappropriate and disrespectful. Many clubs purport "Respect" as one of their mantras, but are one of the first to get disrespectful. That behavior would never be tolerated by a club that is genuinely about respect.

The fish rots from the head . It's mainly due to the club leadership, clubs behave like that.

Fortunately, you made it out alive. Virtual AK-47s are notorious for taking out an eye.
Message 11 of 23 (226 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 17, 2013

So a squad of battlefield3 kids took over a space? lol.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 23 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I really blame Thew for this.She usually patrols that beach, but apparently she abandoned her post last evening. Such dereliction of duty.

Message 13 of 23 (197 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Feb 17, 2013
It all sounds rather humerous to me. The have no effect or control over you. Have a laugh, use the new ignore features to make them disappear and continue with your business.
Posted Image

Message 14 of 23 (186 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Gilgamesh680 wrote:

Had an unusual experience and wanted your thoughts on it.

Last night a group of seven 'marines', all popping green and showing club 172nd, tookover a hut on Glittering Sands.  They blocked the doorway and told people not to enter, while some  of their 'officers' had a meeting for 20 minutes.  I was sitting in the space when they came in and they demanded that I leave, "LEAVE THIS AREA".  I refused, and told them this is a public space and they should go private.  They responded by brandishing weapons and threatening.

Now, I am fine with clubs meeting in public spaces.  Most will even chat with passers-by and it contributes to the social experience.

But I think that commandeering a public space for your meetings is inappropriate behavior and use of Home.  No one can deny other users access to a public space, and bully those who try to use it.

What do you think?

_
This reminds me of an incident that happened on another online game "final fantasy xi". There was a guild or "linkshell", having a Christmas party at the house like area in one of the main cities. Well I needed to get into that house to talk to an npc for a quest. But people were blocking the door so I couldn't get in. So I tried asking politely for them to step aside so I could enter. But then they started calling me a noob and swearing at me. And saying that they reserved that place for the next 2 hours and that no one was allowed to enter. They then started saying that they were the most feared and respected linkshell in that server, and it would be best not to mess with them, or they'd make my life a living hell in this game. So I just left and tried to find something else to do white I waited. I probably should have reported them but I was new to the game and I didn't want to make this worse for myself. But yeah I hate when guilds, clubs, or fams try to take over public spaces like that too.

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 23 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

So a squad of battlefield3 kids took over a space? lol.

It more worst...COD...Kids

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 16 of 23 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Look at the Homelings LOL. They aren't that bad, because most of them are approachable and friendly. I haven't seen them lately. I remember back in the old days, they would take over the mall LOL. I just did what they did LOL. Stand at the attention pose and copy.

Occassionally these families show up at Hudson and stand by the door. I find it funny sometimes and laugh at them too. There was a group yesterday and they weren't bothering anybody. Norrmally they won't bother anybody, unless you push it. If they are blocking something, I just run through the avatars.

Sometimes, I have fun with them. Do what they are doing, and copy them. I got a group to leave once just doing certain actions. I thought it was funny.

But, don't approach the group especially if its not friendly. You won't win and its not worth it. Just ignore and try to find somewhere else to hang. They always move on and don't hang there for ever.

Most of those groups, aren't friendly.

Message 17 of 23 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Thank God no one was hurt !

Message 18 of 23 (144 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6033 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Sounds to me like this club 172nd has falling on some hard times. Especially if  they've stooped to holding their meetings in public hut on the beach instead of a clubhouse.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 19 of 23 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Feb 17, 2013
You cant be blocked physically from enterring youll just push right past their avatars anyways. Id tell them to get another hut unless they wanted me to pull out the ford dancing avatar and dance all over their 'meeting'. At ease soldier
Support Forums
Message 20 of 23 (108 Views)
0 Likes