Highlighted
Feb 04 2009
By: Locust_Star PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 1040 posts

You want to know what we've been doing?

346 replies 69 views Edited Feb 4, 2009

Okay guys and gals - as promised, we’re going to give you a peek into what to expect in terms of content updates in the very near future. Note: We’re not releasing exact dates to the public on any of this. Don’t ask; we won’t tell. The only way to make sure you don’t miss out is to log in to PlayStation Home often. 

Anyhow, coming straight for you all are: 

A proverbial boatload of game spaces - including spaces for Warhawk, SOCOM, Resistance, and many, many more (we’ll announce more spaces in the coming weeks)... 

Of course, you’re all aware of the EA Sports Complex. But let’s just say that is coming sooner rather than later.  And it’s cooler than you imagined. 

These spaces will usher in the next phase of Home. They will begin to utilize this uber-powerful platform’s true capabilities. We’re talking unlocking items in the games you play from Home (and vice versa), mini-games that take full advantage of the Sixaxis controller, game launching integration. The whole shebang! 

We also have leaderboards. Huzzah! 

You can also count on tons of apartments and clubhouses that boast increasingly interactive environments. These spaces are freakin’ awesome. You’re going to love ‘em. 

Picture frames are coming back. We’re not giving a solid date at this time, but suffice to say you will have them very, very soon. 

You’ll have more music, more regularly. And, yes, there will be all different styles (this means that all of you rockers can rejoice!) 

You’ll have a bigger Theater, and it will be full of videos (and not just trailers either). 

You’ll be able to customize your avatar with more gear – and this stuff is hot. Oh, and there are tons of options for the girls as well. We’re not forgetting about you.  

And, to top it all off, we’re gonna be throwing tons of parties, contests, and other events in Home (including a special event to coincide with Valentine’s Day. It’s going to be a killer event). The prizes will be bigger and better than ever before. If you haven’t participated in anything we’ve done before, we’re sure you will now. 

See, we weren’t lying when we said we were going to make good on our word to you all.  

We appreciate your patience while we make the final tweaks to ensure that all of this is smooth as can be. And we appreciate you diehards keeping the faith while the naysayers pretended like the Beta launch was the be-all, end-all of Home. No way, no how.

Message Edited by Locust_Star on 02-04-2009 12:59 PM
Message 2 of 347 (69 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Re: You want to know what we've been doing?

Feb 4, 2009
Thanks for the update Locust_Star
Message 1 of 347 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Feb 4, 2009
Finally all of the complainers will stop for a bit.  Smiley Tongue
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 3 of 347 (69 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Feb 4, 2009
Oh, and I'm dedicating this thread to R-Z-A. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine!
Message 4 of 347 (69 Views)
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Feb 4, 2009

a very rough time frame would be cool.

like would most of these things hit in about less than 2 months, 5 months or more?

Message 5 of 347 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4789 posts

Feb 4, 2009
Picture frames!! Can't wait to use in my Camera Club! 
jaymc account
Message 6 of 347 (69 Views)
Wastelander
747 posts

Feb 4, 2009

Thanks for the update Locust... and who is R-Z-A by the way?

EDIT:  Nevermind... I found the topic.

Message Edited by LordMorgren on 02-04-2009 04:04 PM
You know, if all the effort people put into Rickrolling went toward scientific advancements, we would have cold fusion by now. - DrGadget

PS3 Trophies
Message 7 of 347 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Feb 4, 2009
i really hope for a killzone 2 space that would be freaking awesome
Message 8 of 347 (69 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Feb 4, 2009

He's the most complaining-est poster the Internet has ever spawned. Its quite remarkable, really. It appears that he's attempting to invent a car that runs off of grumbling or something.

LordMorgren wrote:
Thanks for the update Locust... and who is R-Z-A by the way?

Message 9 of 347 (69 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Feb 4, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:
Oh, and I'm dedicating this thread to R-Z-A. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine!

That is funny. I thought you would see his thread. ROFLMAO
Message Edited by D_Sanders on 02-04-2009 02:06 PM
Message 10 of 347 (69 Views)
0 Likes