Highlighted
Jan 26 2012
By: Instigator1199 Lombax Warrior 196 posts

You get banned and suspended, but no one from sony information can repeat or tell you what you did or said ?

35 replies 6157 views Edited Jan 26, 2012

Why is it that when you become banned or suspended no one can tell you what you did or said to earn this so called time out ?  

Also, why is it that when you get unjustly suspended and sony unsuspends you because you have provided proof, that it counts as one of your 5 strikes even though you have proved what you are doing is should not be counted as a strike against you ?

My point is this.  You get suspended 4 times and on the 5th time its a perma ban.   So let's say you get suspended and then you prove that its not your fault and that your report is true and they unsuspend you that it still counts as 1 of the 5 strkes ? 

Yes, you get 4 suspensions and then on the 5th its a permanent ban. 

Why is this information not made public ?   

LOOK AT MY SPEED TEST RESULTS. WHY IS MY PSN CONNECTION SO SLOW ?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1388782093.png
Message 1 of 36 (6,157 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: You get banned and suspended, but no one from sony information can repeat or tell you what you did or said ?

Jan 26, 2012

Note, i tried to edit this thread but i can't edit it.    Just another example of a FAIL on part of these forums.

LOOK AT MY SPEED TEST RESULTS. WHY IS MY PSN CONNECTION SO SLOW ?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1388782093.png
Message 2 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: You get banned and suspended, but no one from sony information can repeat or tell you what you did or said ?

Jan 26, 2012

To edit the discussion, Use the Actions menu on the right when viewing it. So it's not a fail, You just dont know how to do it.

Steeler-Nation69 Sig 001.jpg

Message 3 of 36 (6,157 Views)
VP of Gaming
28197 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

1) We are informed of any suspension or banishment through email notification. That is why it is important, amongst other reasons, to use an actual and  current email when registering on the PSN.

2) If we would like to discuss the reasons behind such an action, we can call SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 or send a PM to HomeForumMods.

3) A permaban is based not only on the number of suspensions, or temp bannings, but on the severity of the offense(s).

4) Discussing a specific banning is not allowed on the public forum due to privacy issues. See number 2.

5) Most importantly, never allow ourselves to be or remain in a situation that can result in our being banned.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 4 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 26, 2012

One needs to question why they would need to be suspended 5 times. Sounds to me like a pattern of abuse and not simply a mistake. Be curious to know how many times a report wasn't submitted where a suspension would have been in order.

The person in question would need to contact Home Forum Mods and ask them about their suspension.

Message 5 of 36 (6,157 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 27, 2012

"3) A permaban is based not only on the number of suspensions, or temp bannings, but on the severity of the offense(s)."

Yeah, that's all well and good, but several months ago some psycho threated to rape and kill my Mama and my underaged sister via PSN messages. We reported him using the built-in greif report, but nothing was done. He proceeded for days for create account after account, still sending threatening messages until he gave up. A few weeks ago I saw the guy talking to some people in the Winter Holliday Hullabaloo space, on his original account none the less.

So this just goes to show yet again that Sony doesn't care about it's customers, and that the mods have not, and will not do their jobs. If threatening to rape and kill an underaged girl and her mother isn't enough to warrant a perma-ban, then what is?

Message 6 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Jan 27, 2012

RockMansAfro wrote:

"3) A permaban is based not only on the number of suspensions, or temp bannings, but on the severity of the offense(s)."

Yeah, that's all well and good, but several months ago some psycho threated to rape and kill my Mama and my underaged sister via PSN messages. We reported him using the built-in greif report, but nothing was done. He proceeded for days for create account after account, still sending threatening messages until he gave up. A few weeks ago I saw the guy talking to some people in the Winter Holliday Hullabaloo space, on his original account none the less.

So this just goes to show yet again that Sony doesn't care about it's customers, and that the mods have not, and will not do their jobs. If threatening to rape and kill an underaged girl and her mother isn't enough to warrant a perma-ban, then what is?

when stuff like that happens, you should just go straight to the source and e-mail Sony.

dont rely on the built-in Home report system, just email Sony directly.

http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/

select PlayStation Network > Report Behavior

-or-

http://np.us.playstation.com/

Message 7 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jan 27, 2012

RockMansAfro wrote:

In a case like this, I would take photos of the messages using a camera. Report the messages using the built-in system, but also send an email listing all of the alternate accounts along with the main account. Follow that up with a phone call during the weekday and get the name and title of the person you spoke to. Also, sending a certified letter to SCEA with copies of the photos wouldn't hurt either. Document everything.

And to the OP, if SCEA now has a "5 strikes and you're out" policy, well, it's about time.

Message 8 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Did you register your account with a real email addy?

I believe it's possible for an account to be blocked from accessing the network by error. Recently I received the message while trying to log on, that access to the network was banned or temporarily suspended. I never received an email explaining why or for how long, but not even two days later I could log on again. So I'm thinking it was an error of some kind.

Also, I have a friend who has been on home since closed beta and she has been suspended multiple times since then. She finally did get a permanent ban, but not after just 5 times.

Message 9 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jan 27, 2012
Message 10 of 36 (6,157 Views)
0 Likes