Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Yo Glass, Wheres The Rest Of The Core Client Patch Notes?

Jan 23, 2013

Carla_Birch wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Since all updates are done by EU and are on EU servers USA really doesn't need much of a team when EU runs the servers and do the updates... Now do they...

Reason why u tell USA Home what Problems we have or what item's are Missing and why they Never get Fixed... The plain and Simple truth is USA doesn't have much say as to what Goes on with Home USA doesn't run the Servers... EU does... EU has Full POWER over all of us. If something happens to the EU servers then we loose everything... Never to see it again.

So let's hope a WAR never breaks out in EU as the servers would be the first thing they take out...

I've been seeing you say a lot that the EU region runs the servers for Home and everything. Where did you get your information from about that? Sony's main headquarters is in Japan. So, basically, it's the Japan region that controls everything Sony related and Home.

You're wrong..all updates come from SCEE

You're wrong also. Home core is made and run by HPG (Home Platform Group) who work in Sony London under SCE and not SCEE, SCE is Sonys world wide group who do stuff for all regions of Home. SCEE have there own small team what do updates to the EU region just like SCEA have there own small team. All regions can ask HPG to make updates to the core and so on.

But anyway i have been holding off posting in any of the threads of late because its becoming really silly and everyone needs to take a break and think about what can be done to fix the broken community.

People like to see updates with the right info, so the blog got moved to a Wed after Home is up, this counter acts the first point people are after that being timely updates ahead of time. I don't know how things are run behide closed doors but if QA works as it should items should all be cleared before hand. So if a cut off point was made where only items that have clearly passed and been tested on the servers and not a local network was in effect then anything else after that point should be moved to the following week update. To keep a clear line of whats ready and whats not, no trying to fit content in at the last hour and report it as coming for that last hour to not come and the items missing out. 

Make the cut off a Friday, Type blog Monday, post it Monday night or on Tue. To me its the behide doors process in place that makes for error and break down on information links between the regions and community and not any one person or region. 

This is just my personal view and that i wish to keep seeing Home grow and get better, but a long with growing the processes in place have to be edited and made better. Also a lot of the team are not just paid to deal with Home but with other online parts of Sonys company outside of Home. People are doing 3 job roll's and not 1 thing is just asking for errors and so on to happen.

Sony can help this by editing how things work but the community as a whole can help also by helping each other, the Home community is full of some real smart people who can help, help others with tech problems and so on, but many see to feel its not up to them to help.

Things right now just make me sad because so many things within the community seem to be broken and the fun and joy of using Home is slowing going a way and long with it the community. So help each other and not bash each other.

Kudos, and I and Im sure most people here agree with you... The problem is leadership.  The community is fighting because of the total lack of leadership from our Community Manager.  After months, even years of largely being ignored, by those who are supposedly in charge, especially when there are so many outstanding issues and problems with the service, after a while people start to lose patients, and lose faith in what little leadership there is.  The result of that is quite evident, and we can see it happening all over the forums.

However, instead of using this as an opportunity to change and become a better leader, instead GlassWalls boldly insults and dismisses a large part of the community here by calling them drama-canes and gives a not so subtle threat to end the blog posts, shutdown the forum, and I quote "put this baby to bed".

Seriously???  How can someone be called a Community Manger and get away with saying that?  That's not something a leader says who is trying to bring any harmony back into the community.  In fact I would characterize that as throwing gasoline on an already blazing fire.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 71 of 87 (338 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Couldn't agree with you more D-Nitrate.

I'm kinda done with bashing GlassWalls for his recent behavior. The man just experienced a melt down similar to Charlie Sheen sort of, and we got to see it personally. It makes me pity him more than be angry at him.

Now I'm shifting the problem more on how Sony over at North America does things for PlayStation Home and understaffs them leaving GW to bare all the negativity and workload by himself. Somebody said this before, Sony needs to hire more people, or promote one of the moderators like Tempest_Fire to be a representative for the community since he can't handle being an active and engaging person on these forums at this time it seems anymore.

Message 72 of 87 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jan 23, 2013

How many times has a "drama cane" been caused or fueled by diva management, tantrums, poutings, pandering, and the circle of friends clique trolling.  High and mighty arrogance correcting someone out of petyness was how it came across.  The circle of friends, nodding in unison, troll constantly, and jab with smug sense of entitlements and self importances. This is a NA home official community forum, not GW litter box, NA home isnt GW's. lol  someone has been arrogant and condecending for a long time, not sure if its "but hurt" caused, or just they arent effective, and like attention, and i did this thank me, i thought of that, your welcome. Why would something that was their idea be completely fumbled and mishandled by them on their own turf, i wonder.  ANd even the big announcement was teased and delayed, so why exactly was it important, and for who, or whom. If it was indeed done for the community. To warn the ones who would be wise to remove any evidence of tampering and manipulation, was how it seemed to me. If it was actually announced ahead of time for the community, and they were the slightest notion of remotely in touch with how home is used, and it was their idea to inform effectively within limits, that announcement wasnt it.   Manager on the title, doesnt mean status or effectiveness usually.  Some people are the nicest people in the world, some pretend to be to certain people, some are nice only when they have to be.  Nice and actually good at what they do doesnt go hand in hand. I am going to take my ball and go home, says alot. 

More effective communication here, is not a manager hanging out socializing here, and if your not in the circle, your just a hater, and need corrected.  Basic relavent info, is. Tone down the arrogance, diva, im da best at all i survey, and keep your personal entanglements and superiority complexes partitioned from "work" .  Any poll or survey is only as good and effective as it is unbiased.  Tone down the drama.  deflate just a tad. Dont pander poke and fan flames, and then high and mighty arrogance pout, when it shifts back to you.  You reap what you sow.

Message 73 of 87 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12496 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I think GW should hire Conrad Max to do his posting for him. He's already used to getting flack but still keeps going.

In all seriousness the guy needs to get a thick skin. His response wasn't professional at all.

Message 74 of 87 (284 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 23, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

I think GW should hire Conrad Max to do his posting for him. He's already used to getting flack but still keeps going.

In all seriousness the guy needs to get a thick skin. His response wasn't professional at all.

I'd ask to be voluntarily banned from using the forums than to put up with Conrad_Max at the helm.

Message 75 of 87 (275 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

wow. I think most people completely missed GlassWall's point. I don't think he was intentionally trying to diss the community, or the legitimate claims. People are being downright nasty on here, and it needs to stop. This is no longer the nice community that it once was. I can't even enjoy going through the threads anymore. Just about every one of them is turning negative, even from a nice topic!

There are plenty of threads here that just whine and whine on and on, and they are completely rediculous, and those are the ones that I believe that he is talking about. I have been in customer service, and I wouldn't want to bother with these negative threads/people either. It wouldn't matter what he does, theres always a group that is not happy. You can see this in any of these 1st page threads. People need to stop bashing him for what is most likely higher up management's decisions (including not being able to talk or reply to certain things). It really is very hurtful when people get mad and take it out on you personally for something you have no control over. He is a human being, just like the rest of us, not a robot.

Photobucket

Message 76 of 87 (237 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Jan 23, 2013
*Wakes up from last night* Yawn.

Back again and I see the blog has been updated...but with no patch notes. It's 9am where Im at and still no patch notes. So it seems Mr Glass lied about that too, or he is fashionably late with it. Either way, Im not happy with the level of service here. Like, how long does it take to send out the patch notes to all regions and be DONE with it?

UGH, going to get my coffee.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 77 of 87 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Hey Wolf, I suppose when the community feels like theyre being ignored, having their concerns and problems pushed aside or forgotten, people can tend to be a bit grumpy. Youre missing the point, regardless if he's human or not. IDC how great of a guy he is, he could be superman for all I care....if youre labled as the community manager, and youre doing a catastrophic job at managing the community and forums, then you deserve the feedback you get. It comes with the job, Wolf.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 78 of 87 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

wolf6950 wrote:

wow. I think most people completely missed GlassWall's point. I don't think he was intentionally trying to diss the community, or the legitimate claims. People are being downright nasty on here, and it needs to stop. This is no longer the nice community that it once was. I can't even enjoy going through the threads anymore. Just about every one of them is turning negative, even from a nice topic!

There are plenty of threads here that just whine and whine on and on, and they are completely rediculous, and those are the ones that I believe that he is talking about. I have been in customer service, and I wouldn't want to bother with these negative threads/people either. It wouldn't matter what he does, theres always a group that is not happy. You can see this in any of these 1st page threads. People need to stop bashing him for what is most likely higher up management's decisions (including not being able to talk or reply to certain things). It really is very hurtful when people get mad and take it out on you personally for something you have no control over. He is a human being, just like the rest of us, not a robot.

While I don't doubt that there are and have been numerous petty complaints, rants, or as GW likes to call them, drama-canes... However there has also been countless respectful, insightful, and constructive criticism and suggestions for making the service better that have gone totally ignored, and in some cases updates have only made the service worse with little or no explanation or communication from our so-called community managers.

Theres an old, but wise saying... If you keep kicking a dog, even the most loyal and obedient dog will eventually bite back.  What GlassWalls and the entire Home management are seeing right now are some seriously angry dogs, and instead of tossing us a bone, GlassWalls basically kicked us again.

Instead of threatening to quit the game and take his ball with him, I would suggest he take a moment to try and understand why so many who once were so supportive of Home are now angry and divisive.  If he is unwilling to take any responsibility for what's happening, then without a doubt, he should quit the game, and let someone else take over.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 79 of 87 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 23, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

I'd ask to be voluntarily banned from using the forums than to put up with Conrad_Max at the helm.

Lol...he's more professional shockingly and not even paid to take the crap.

Message 80 of 87 (279 Views)