Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Yo Glass, Wheres The Rest Of The Core Client Patch Notes?

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Early last week, we were told about the new core client home update, that would put all our home settings and saves on the home servers. You said you would release the rest of the patch notes, later on in the week.....it's Tuesday now. Home updates on wednesday.

Can we get the full patch notes now? I'd like to know what else is coming this wednesday, besides being able to save my home settings/saves to the servers. I know ya'll got a few surprises left in there. ^_-

Nope, but Full Patch Notes are coming tomorrow. Smiley Very Happy

Wow..... So after all the arguments and anger you caused in the forums over the last few days, no response to any of it, and instead your motivated to end this statement with a very happy emoticon.   I just can't begin to understand your motives any more.  Are you purposefully trying to get people to quit Home?

So you all want me to be more vocal. Here you go. I hope this all makes sense and makes everyone a little more understanding. Unfortunately, I cannot be more like this all the time, but here's a moment I'm sharing with you to provide a little more insight.

The plan was to let everyone in on the major change as early as possible, following up with a global sync of releasing the Patch Notes in full (once they were finalized), which is scheduled for tomorrow. This is all according to plan, regardless of any drama-canes that might result of it. If I have to take one for the team because people want to kill the messenger, or because some community member gets out of line and doesn't like being corrected, it's par for the course in my line of work. It's unfortunate, but I do not have time to waste with pettiness when I aim to deliver a message in good faith for everyone to let them know changes they should know as early as possible. It was actually *my* idea to share it that early—global community management agreed with me, so you're welcome from my heart to yours (honestly). I could just let things happen, but I do aim to ensure things run as ideally as possible for everyone's satisfaction, but it's mostly behind the scenes work, so you don't have to see or worry about it. I guess a dividend from that is that no one knows how much I work *for* them, so I get little credit or appreciation. I'm not asking for any, but you'll have to trust me on that. Believe it or not, I do love this community and try to serve it the best I can. So if someone feels butt-hurt, I'm sorry, but I refuse to tolerate nastiness. No one is allowed to be a jerk here. So knock it off. I've been saying that since 2008 and won't be stopping anytime soon. I also don't read entire threads of a drama-cane, so you can bet I didn't read the entire recent one either. Nope. Not going to do it. I have far more important things on my plate at all times that require my attention more than a single, ridiculous thread bashing me or us or Home in general. I have a world to run folks, because I can stop working and let things fall apart if you prefer. No more blog posts, we can retire the Home forums, and put this baby to bed...

But I prefer to do Home justice by working my tail off, each and every day. And I'm fond of smiles and hearts, so even when I may not be happy with the way you guys blow things out of proportion and/or blame me for things out of *my* control, or with the way things are at that short moment in time, I stay optimistic and continue to do my best to serve this amazing community. Smiley Very HappyHeart

That was hands down, the nastiest reply to the very people that Home markets too EVER !

People do understand its not easy doing your job, but what YOU arent understanding is the people are tired of being ignored and secondary to how you do your job.

Threatening to "put this baby to bed" is NOT professional when it seems the other regions arent having the problem that YOU are creating.

Message 31 of 87 (836 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Here comes the drama.

Message 32 of 87 (831 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Re: You Glass, Wheres The Rest Of The Core Client Patch Notes?

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

GlassWalls I can sympathize with some of your frustration, but I am not convinced that you realize much of it was brought on by your own actions and the actions of the Home management team.

Furthermore, you make it sound like you are dismissing the countless numbers of posts as drama-canes that have legitimate and reasonable complaints about Home.  Not only that, but these issues aren't new.  They have been expressed to you and the Home staff for many months now, and almost entirely ignored, both in the forums and in the functionality of Home.

Look, I get the fact that you are undoubtedly not the one calling most of the shots as far as changes to Home, but your complicit regarding the issues with the lack of respect towards the community (your customers) and responding to the many reasonable and legitimate complaints about the service.

If you spent half the time communicating with us on actual issues with the service as you do promoting new content, you would not see so many drama-canes as you like to call them.

Not only that, but how on earth can you justify the decision to have only one person in charge of responding to issues in the Support Forum for a service that Sony claims has millions of registered users????  Any reasonable person who browses through that forum can quickly see  that it is terribly understaffed, with many reported issues never getting any kind of official response, and often unresolved after several weeks even months.  It doesn't even have a FAQ thread to address many of the often asked questions about the service and problems with it.

Furthermore, despite dedicated monthly suggestion threads, almost none of of the suggestions made have ever been implemented, let alone even responded to.

Case in point, for years now people have been asking for a way to save multiple layouts of a space without having to save multiple files... Instead of a solution, the latest development is that we won't even be able to do that any more as our files will now be stored on the servers and won't be able to copy and restore them...

And when you did respond to someone's concern about losing their different layouts, you suggested that few ever do that (which clearly you would have no idea how many swap out their save files to do this), but you even suggested that the idea of saving multiple layouts was a new idea, and something to consider in the future... Even though this has been requested in the very same suggestion threads you started!!! 

On a related feature, instead of expanding the character slot saves from 9 to 24, which was an improvement, but because you have to wait until all 24 load, it can take a lot of time, and for many 24 still isn't enough.   How hard would it be to simply offer multiple character tabs, each with say 12 save slots.  This way we could have a lot more than 24 save slots, but also don't have to wait for them all to load it use one.

An even more commonly requested option is to add a 2nd storage folder for wardrobe and furnishing menus.  Without it, it's caused a great deal of problems for people who buy a lot of items such that items they want to use are forced into storage, making it incredible time consuming to try and find them mixed in with items we don't want to use.

In fact, yet another commonly requested change was to simply add the same sort options currently available for items not in storage (like Last Used, Favorites) as well as add additional sorting or filtering options, like by developer.

These are just some of the commonly requested features to common complaints about Home that you have so graciously lumped in with so-called drama-canes.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 33 of 87 (829 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I really think he's lost his touch for the people here that goes on the forums.

But I think it doesn't matter to him anyway. The forum for Home is just a minute minority for the population of Home. So what if he loses support from just 50 or so people that regularly use it?

Message 34 of 87 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

But I think it doesn't matter to him anyway. The forum for Home is just a minute minority for the population of Home. So what if he loses support from just 50 or so people that regularly use it?

Because even a fool knows it's far more than 50 or so.  Far more than a thousand even.  The fact is the vast majority of Homes biggest users (not the millions of "registered" users that have never spent a dime on the service) use the forums in one way or another.  More importantly, one would have to be truly daft to believe that all the problems with Home are ONLY felt by those that use this forum.

Just do a Google search and you'll find countless forums dedicated to Home that share the exact same anger towards how poorly Home is being managed.

Add to that, the fact that Sony no longer does any significant promotion for Home (they didn't even mention the service at E3), so the vast majority of Homes promotion is coming from the many dedicated fans, most of which follow these forums for obvious reasons.  So how smart is it of GlassWalls to insult the same group of people not only responsible for a large amount of purchases made in Home, but are also the ones who have been getting a lot of their friends to use the service as well.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 35 of 87 (772 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4700 posts

Jan 23, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:
 No one is allowed to be a jerk here. So knock it off.

Message 36 of 87 (752 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

Because even a fool knows it's far more than 50 or so.  Far more than a thousand even.  The fact is the vast majority of Homes biggest users (not the millions of "registered" users that have never spent a dime on the service) use the forums in one way or another.  More importantly, one would have to be truly daft to believe that all the problems with Home are ONLY felt by those that use this forum.

Just do a Google search and you'll find countless forums dedicated to Home that share the exact same anger towards how poorly Home is being managed.

Add to that, the fact that Sony no longer does any significant promotion for Home (they didn't even mention the service at E3), so the vast majority of Homes promotion is coming from the many dedicated fans, most of which follow these forums for obvious reasons.

Thanks for playing along.

So you see, GlassWalls. The forums here are a big part of PlayStation Home, and if you choose to not actively participant in it by interacting with the community here

What are you doing exactly then? I wonder if you mess around with your twitter account while you're punched in on the job to work.

https://twitter.com/CadeRageous

Although I think he's done his work for today. So who knows, huh? Why should he care what we're posting right now, right?

Message 37 of 87 (739 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well when the "Community Manager" basically say's he's got more important things to do than deal w/ the community, then maybe it's time for a new community manager, a 2nd person to deal w/ the community or maybe his idea "I can stop working and let things fall apart if you prefer. No more blog posts, we can retire the Home forums, and put this baby to bed..." ,.. Look I understand the job entails more than just sitting on the forum & replying to posts but I can't see how "part" of the job description doesn't require the manager to atleast hop on an hour a day to post a few msg's answering questions. As for the post you made I know some of the ppl on the forums can be a little harsh & rough around the edges but all I got out of the post was < I don't need this you can all go to Hades as far as I'm concerned > , In my opinion that's not the tone a manager should ever take w/ the companies customers, I've seen Wal-mart employees basically get cussed out & still kept their cool & try to defuse the situation. I'm not saying some ppl's comments didn't cross the line but as a company employee isn't it your job to always be courteous & take the high road.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 87 (686 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I do appreciate the info u sent us n appreciate the fact that u took time out 2 let us know bout this patch since u didn't have 2 and am looking forward 2 the info u send bout the core update if it wasn't 4 u posting the info then those complaining wouldn't of been able 2 b sure the fav layout was saved afterwards n u may have some ungrateful people on here u have others that do appreciate it u ever wanna send info ill take it gladly n pass it on 2 My friends on home good job w ur work n ignore those others n others on here try putting ur selves in his shoes r better yet thnk how it would b wout his input r my of the developers assistance

Message 39 of 87 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Well, it could be just stress in general for GlassWalls odd behaviour, and the negativity from most of the people here including me is something he probably can't honestly handle right now.

I'll be easy on you from now on then GlassWalls.

At least know that I tried to help you, even if I have been unnecessarily nasty towards you and brutally honest to you. I just wanted to make sure if that would help open your eyes and see how bad it has become here and question the things you have been doing recently.

Although, I won't be able to tell the rest of the people here that are upset at you to cut you some slack though. That's something you'll have to handle by yourself.

Message 40 of 87 (644 Views)
0 Likes