Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Yeck Entertainment - Discontinuation

Sep 28, 2013
They have paid content which was posted a few pages back which include outfits and companions Julian. The way Yeck Land works though is you buy tickets to play most games. Some allow you to play for free but at a certain point you will need to start using tickets. The rewards for these games are clothing rewards (tshirts booo) and companions (gold and silver variants of their store bought ones & a couple of new monsters)
Support Forums
Message 21 of 52 (322 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Sep 28, 2013

al2009man wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

And u that support PS4 at Launch will be the one's to Blame for Home closing.... So go ahead pat urself on the back for what u done...

Let me guest...

The home's fanbase have to cut because of PS4? no. It's because of the User's choice they made. 

also Mods should give you a Time-Out/Ban on this one because of overeacting

Well they can but i do have FREEDOM of SPEECH! this is still the USA not RUSSIA or some other country!  U don't have to read what is posted...

If anyone should get banned it should be u have u been on HOME since feb 2009? I didn't think so!!!

And if u don't like the TRUTH cover ur eyes ya little Kid....   Becuase ur sure acting like one.

Block FREEDOM of SPEECH in USA get Sued!!! Easy as that...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 22 of 52 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Sep 28, 2013

same thing can be said about other companies... Most of them are Japan one's like Granzella, And O-Two when Japan shuts down in a few more month's... Sure they can put out new stuff here... But how long will they survive outside of Japan after is Closes....

As someone mentioned Asia as to why Yeck would close same could be said for those Japan companies as well... They have outside stuff but still based in Japan... So what will happen???

Well i think we'll see much more after Japan and Asia Home's Close! 

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 23 of 52 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Sep 28, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

but i do have FREEDOM of SPEECH! this is still the USA not RUSSIA or some other country!  U don't have to read what is posted...

I'm not taking sides, but you should know that you are not protected by the first amendment on this or most internet forums, as they are privately owned and in order to be even allowed to use this forum you have to sign up and agree to the TOS.... And they can ban anyone for any reason from the forum.  In terms of what you can or cannot say on this and most forums, it makes no difference if you are in the United States of America or Russia.  

Just saying...

Now if you were in North Korea it might make a difference as chances are the closest you would have of connecting to a network is using soup cans tied together with a string... Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 24 of 52 (289 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

but i do have FREEDOM of SPEECH! this is still the USA not RUSSIA or some other country!  U don't have to read what is posted...

I'm not taking sides, but you should know that you are not protected by the first amendment on this or most internet forums, as they are privately owned and in order to be even allowed to use this forum you have to sign up and agree to the TOS.... And they can ban anyone for any reason from the forum.  In terms of what you can or cannot say on this and most forums, it makes no difference if you are in the United States of America or Russia.  

Just saying...

Now if you were in North Korea it might make a difference as chances are the closest you would have of connecting to a network is using soup cans tied together with a string... Smiley Wink

What!? D! You can't insult North Korea like that! I'm pretty sure it's in the TOS... if it isn't it should be! Smiley Tongue

north-korea-is-best-korea-kim-jong-ill-meme.jpg

*Edit: Follow up question: What kind of string or twine gives you the highest quality internet connection? Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 52 (283 Views)
MVP Support
14127 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Even though I never bought content from Yeck Entertainment, it's pretty sad that we have to see them go since it's been like a year they generated new content for every region. I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors and I might look forward to playing their original games on the current PlayStation platforms.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 26 of 52 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 28, 2013

As other posts have stated, they didn't commit to the community as much as other developers did.

They had a good start, released some very unique but interesting content. Then they released that public space, and it had a few followers at the beginning. Though Yeck just dropped the ball, and it didn't really go anywhere from that.

They could've done a lot more for Home, but I guess their interests was elsewhere. 

Message 27 of 52 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Sep 28, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

*Edit: Follow up question: What kind of string or twine gives you the highest quality internet connection? Smiley Very Happy

Good question... all I know is the wireless version is REALLY bad!   Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 28 of 52 (248 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Sep 28, 2013

OMG I'm like crying now Irem just left home & All of the stuff we have are dead now why Sony why This is why so many space got abandoned quickly I can't believe home is dying Japan get to keep the stuff and Yeah I have some fear I been thinking about it so many time gosh I can't believe how much I love it the central plaza has died Smiley Sad BTW by 2014 home is now dead & it will be abandoned I bet somebody poured gasoline in the Irem beach without us knowing & the people who live there can't get it off there skin and i think the central plaza died because of the killzone space/people :/ RIP to my best place

NO

RIP

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 29 of 52 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Ok, I've got a few questions since I'm on the road & won't be online for a while.

If we want to go for the rewards we only have until Sep 30 to buy tickets but we can play up to Oct 30, is that right?

There's no commerce point in Yeck Land?

How pig is a pig bomb compared to a slime?

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 30 of 52 (217 Views)
0 Likes