9504 posts

Re: Yeck Entertainment - Discontinuation

Sep 28, 2013
Message 11 of 52 (277 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Sep 28, 2013

It's an interesting place, I am going to try to save it to my favorites, if it can be saved, and go there before they take it out in anycase, and take some pictures. I think if they worked harder at translating English  the land may have worked out better. 

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 12 of 52 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Meh, as much as I love both the male and female full body outfits, Yeck didn't really make anything noteworthy. The pets were tiny, the games in Yeck Land were pretty bad (and most of the rewards terrible anti-rewards) and Yeck Land was basically empty after a few days.

I wish they had made full body outfits of the monsters that you controlled in the tower defense game -_- I would have bought every last one...

Also it says Yeck as a whole is being discontinued due to internal restructuring. They did other things besides PS Home like cell phone games, so I assume those products will be discontinued as well, but their team will go on the make new products? That's what I gathered anyways. In other words, I don't think Yeck is discontinuing purely due to PS Home.

Might be the reason why.

They gone to a bad start. and this happends.

i bet there going to create a new studio with starts their debut with PSHome. (simular to Games Mechs and Granzella)

Message 13 of 52 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 28, 2013
So, who's next in line for the chopping block? Smiley Indifferent
Not looking good is it..

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 14 of 52 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Sep 28, 2013

More and more signs that show Home is closing!!!

So it's beginning already... I knew PS4 would be Home's Downfall and sure enough it is!!!

And u that support PS4 at Launch will be the one's to Blame for Home closing.... So go ahead pat urself on the back for what u done...

Go ahead, I see U... Ur not fooling anyone!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 15 of 52 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Sep 28, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
So, who's next in line for the chopping block? Smiley Indifferent
Not looking good is it..

well smaller the company is the more chance there gonna be next.... If it's a BIG company like Loot, Lochwood, Granzella etc... It's Game OVER!!!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 16 of 52 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Yecks closure is quite inconsequnetial for Home NA though. They were Chinas only dev. Asia region Home was a deadzone for years and it is ceasing to get new content in a few months. In fact Yeck actually hasnt made anything in YEARS. Their outfits came out in the days of the LKWD showcase and their companions were shuffled out a few months after. Yeck Land was held up for over two years I believe hence its old school look and had horrible instructions as to what to do. They didnt even have a commerce point selling their companions/costumes there. Only 1 dollar Yeck tickets that nobody bought because they
A) couldnt figure it all out
B) didnt want the tshirts and tiny companions

It was always bound to be closed if Home Asia closed
It should be a surprise there strategy was bad and it was executed horribly by the team. Still sad though.
Support Forums
Message 17 of 52 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Sep 28, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

And u that support PS4 at Launch will be the one's to Blame for Home closing.... So go ahead pat urself on the back for what u done...

Let me guest...

The home's fanbase have to cut because of PS4? no. It's because of the User's choice they made. 

also Mods should give you a Time-Out/Ban on this one because of overeacting

Message 18 of 52 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

I'm sad to see ANY developer go, but I'm not surprised. It's not like I found a lot of incentive to spend time there. I wonder if their products will still be available through player inspect after they are pulled... or are they all reward items earned with those ticket things? Maybe I should read pistol's guide. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 52 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Sep 28, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Thats a real shame I actually really liked Yeck. Well there goes our only Chinese developer.

Heres a guide I made to Yeck Land when it opened. There are actually many rewards in my guide that alphazone4 does not list but they are mostly tshirts and companions. Happy hunting if you decide to.

... hmm, looks like I need to do some rewards hunting on Yeck before it goes away....

And pistol, the listing of rewards CAN be fixed on AZ4. *nod*  I'll catch you when I get back from my anniversary trip. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 52 (216 Views)
0 Likes