Sep 28 2013
By: LukeBrink Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Yeck Entertainment - Discontinuation

51 replies 798 views Edited Sep 28, 2013

Due to internal restructuring, YECK Entertainment will be discontinued.

YECK Entertainment regrets to announce that all commerce items from commerce points will be removed per the following schedule:

30 September: All commerce items will be taken off the shops by around 6pm. Those who have already purchased the item will not be affected. 
30 October: Yeck Land will be closed after maintenance on this day. Please use all YECK Ticket available before Yeck Land closes. 

YECK Entertainment is very sorry for any inconveniences caused.

YECK products have been published on PlayStation®Home since 2012, and they appreciate all users’ kind attention and support.
Although YECK will not be continued, their developer team will make every effort to develop interesting games in the future.
YECK Entertainment apologizes for the inconvenience again.

Best wishes,

RIP YECK -
2012 - 2013

http://asia.playstation.com/home/hk/en/news/d/46071

Message 1 of 52 (798 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: Yeck Entertainment - Discontinuation

Sep 28, 2013

How sad… another home developer pulling out of home. This support rumor I heard recently that they say “many home developers leveeing home because Sony focus is on next gen and home is going be drop for something new”.  I wonder how many going be around in 2014 because at this rate be larger ones be around.   

Message 2 of 52 (777 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Wow, thats sad. Yeck was pretty entertaining at times but its sad to see another developer close up shop. Good Luck in your future endeavors Yeck, I hope they include Home.

Thanx for posting, LukeBrink
Message 3 of 52 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Sep 28, 2013

It's always sad to see a developer leave Home, but in all honesty, I think it's probably due to lack of sales. If they had made an effort with their content then I think this could have been prevented.

I was never impressed with anything they released.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 4 of 52 (738 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

[Cue Queen song]

And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust...

It does tell you something when we don't hear about this from our community manager (or any Home staff member), and content will be removed in just three days.

[Cue David Bowie to join in]

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming "let me out"

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 52 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Sep 28, 2013

I can't say any of their products appealed to me, personally, but I agree that it's sad to see another developer go. Best of luck to the Yeck team.

yeck.png

Message 6 of 52 (679 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Meh, as much as I love both the male and female full body outfits, Yeck didn't really make anything noteworthy. The pets were tiny, the games in Yeck Land were pretty bad (and most of the rewards terrible anti-rewards) and Yeck Land was basically empty after a few days.

I wish they had made full body outfits of the monsters that you controlled in the tower defense game -_- I would have bought every last one...

Also it says Yeck as a whole is being discontinued due to internal restructuring. They did other things besides PS Home like cell phone games, so I assume those products will be discontinued as well, but their team will go on the make new products? That's what I gathered anyways. In other words, I don't think Yeck is discontinuing purely due to PS Home.

Message 7 of 52 (644 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Oh, well.

All of their products on Home were crap. Most users are NOT under the influence of mind-altering substances, so the market for their virtual items was slim.

Couldn't have Yeck been candid and come out and blame product disinterest than cop-out with the conventional "internal restructuring"?
Message 8 of 52 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Me & My Gf was just at the space and no wonder Yeck is pulling out the space is empty. it was just me & her and some random noob. we both picked up 1freebe reward and left. Just another t-shirt reward for my pile o' crap. like the post above me says another 1 bites to dust

Message 9 of 52 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Thats a real shame I actually really liked Yeck. Well there goes our only Chinese developer.

Heres a guide I made to Yeck Land when it opened. There are actually many rewards in my guide that alphazone4 does not list but they are mostly tshirts and companions. Happy hunting if you decide to.
Support Forums
Message 10 of 52 (551 Views)
0 Likes