Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: YPSH PHOTO CONTEST !

Sep 2, 2012

al2009man wrote:

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
Yea I asked Carla she said no go that there not gonna do this one on the forums so I've asked too be deleted sorry go too yourpshomw too participate

NO.

I say "did you ask Carla to post THIS thread with permintion" mean you shoudn't post this information. unless she asked you to ONLY post those details and then go to the original website for more detail. for an example one of the following thread is created by Joanna_Dark_

To be fair, I highly doubt (I could be wrong) many of the forum regulars who copy and paste YouTube videos or information from developer's websites or social media streams ever ask for permission to post that information to the forums.

Message 11 of 21 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 2, 2012
Thanks ck but just too respect Carla I took down the information and just posted a link too her site
Goodbye home
Message 12 of 21 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Sep 3, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
Yea I asked Carla she said no go that there not gonna do this one on the forums so I've asked too be deleted sorry go too yourpshomw too participate

NO.

I say "did you ask Carla to post THIS thread with permintion" mean you shoudn't post this information. unless she asked you to ONLY post those details and then go to the original website for more detail. for an example one of the following thread is created by Joanna_Dark_

To be fair, I highly doubt (I could be wrong) many of the forum regulars who copy and paste YouTube videos or information from developer's websites or social media streams ever ask for permission to post that information to the forums.

true. unless [anything] tell "please use my permission to XXXXXXXXXX"

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 13 of 21 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

I try to avoid entering contests after what happened after I won one. About 3 years ago I entered a contest on Xbox live and got a phone call saying I won. But then they wanted me to answer a skill testing math question which was really hard. And they only gave me 1 minute to do it, and they said I couldn't use a calculator. Well I'm really bad at math so I quickly tried to find my calculator but couldn't. The time was up and I failed. Talk about unfair. Can't they just make it so if you win, you actually win instead of answering a stupid skill testing question. And believe me it was hard. It had some big multi-digit numbers with additions, subtractions, multifications, and divisions. It's like are math wizards only allowed to win these contests? Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 14 of 21 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Yea talk about unfair well I've never won a contest in my life. I promise not over exadrating I just never win somebody else always did I have the worst luck I'm tell in you
Goodbye home
Message 15 of 21 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah I've never won anything in my life niether. That was the closest I came. And when I entered the contest I didn't think I'd win, so that phone call really caught me by surpise. I could have won $100 in microsoft points. Man Sad

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I think winning a contest is a myth lol
Goodbye home
Message 17 of 21 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 3, 2012

So true! Smiley LOL

bobs fed signature
Message 18 of 21 (74 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28579 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Generally contests in Home are legitimate. Especially if announced on the forum by people who are well respected and have an untarnished reputation for supporting and helping Home and the community.

So I'll enter such contests without hesitation. But I am also aware of the great numbers of people I will be competing against.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 19 of 21 (68 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1031 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Ck,

Posting videos and information is not the same as someone copying a sites contest post with no link back. When the post before the edit was just my text from my site, that leads people to think the poster was running a photo contest here, that means people would likely post photos here only to find out that they had wasted there time. That would be unfair on them people and thats why its a bad idea to copy and paste contest text in the format that it was at first copyed in.

Message 20 of 21 (64 Views)