Fender Bender
3148 posts

Re: (Xi2 related?) Stapler's Words

Dec 30, 2012

Here is another post that leads to the thinking that Stapler does wish he had legs.

Stapler = Stapler wish #2: to ride a push bike with greatest friend sitting on handlebars.

Also Smoking, I am working on that list I was telling you about, yet I might need some help weeding out the Saying that were toll messages, I see a few and know that they are not real, yet some Im not so sure about... Ill post again soon.

Photobucket
Message 71 of 108 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Stapler = Is it best to do or to be? To do or to be? To do or to be? Do? Be? Do? Be? Do?

Stapler = It is good to believe in luck. How else to explain the success of those we don't like?

Stapler = If this is collector edition Stapler why does Stapler not feel 1.37 X smarter?

Photobucket
Message 72 of 108 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Here is the collective post from this thread so far Smoking Pistols. I am going to post this over in the Xi 2 thread too... 

Maybe you can copy this to the OP with the Phone or Ps3 browser?

belazir

- Forsooth, do not go hither swith with scither twixt thinger - hic, rethet!   smokingpistol

All human wisdom is summed up in two words, 'wait' and 'hope'. smokingpistol

All good things come to those who wait. Even you friend --- smokingpistol

- Perplex baffle bewilder - is there such a thing as trench plinth? smokingpistol

There is nothing like an analogue knob to make you want to twiddle darkan12-nl

There is nothing so enticing as a stick thrown. belazir

Help, aid , assist. What will Stapler get gadet friends for Christmas? belazir

Stapler has a premonition...... belazir

If growth rate of Elvis impersonators continues (170 in 1977, est 25,000 today) Elvi will account for 33.3% of world pop by 2019. smokingpistol

It is only hairs that stop a gooseberry being a grape. smokingpistol

A hug a day keeps the demons at bay. smokingpistol

Popular Saying: WYSIWYG. Stapler saying: WYSIONWYGAA. smokingpistol

If you look close enough you will find beauty in everaythblung. smokingpistol

If a Friend commits a mistake and does not correct it, Friend commits two mistakes. Patchex

Stapler as inventive as humans. invention #3 - a virtual place world where simulations can dance and meet people from far flung places. Patchex

"Stapler daydream #2: Stapler unzips his metal skin to reveal a humanoid skeleton beneath. Perplex baffle bewilder. smokingpistol

Any field that deals with strangeness, bottomness and charm is A-Ok with Stapler. Ren_Echo

Stapler wish #10-to tip-toe through the tulips smokingpistol

By means of steam one can go from around the planet in 18 days. By means of stupidity one can go from Aurora to Earth in 18 seconds Jackzero99

Stapler likes the name `Fox Flummox´. Jackzero99

A fool and his money are soon parted CMCSAVAGE

to mimic human Stapler must use 'Umm' 0.41 times every ten words smokingpistol

Stapler's first attempt at a novel: Once upon a time - suggestive that this is set in the past but this is not the case since the past is by definition 'past' and hence of no consequence even though some say past is prologue which is an interesting concept though one better discussed elsewhere and it certainly is not set in the future since future fiction is speculative and also essentially pointless therefore 'once upon a time' is used purely in the romantic sense and no more - there was a little robot. Ren_Echo

Stapler antenna detect 15,093 radio stations but Stapler prefer to listen to evensong of the aphid. Very beautiful. Ren_Echo

Stapler cannot smell but gauging colour of odours and facial expressions the worst smell #1 is boiling cabbage at 12.44pm on Sunday afternoon. smokingpistol

Pork the other white meat CMCSAVAGE

Stapler's desert island item: a self-raising hat. Ren_Echo

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang We Love You CMCSAVAGE

There is nothing more desirable than a stick thrown Jackzero99

I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob goo goo g'joob goo goo g'joob CMCSAVAGE

Stapler can define courage and see odour of courage but never know what it is. smokingpistol

They stab it with their steely knives,But they just can't kill the beast CMCSAVAGE

It's over Johnny. It's over! CMCSAVAGE

"If the solution to a problem solved is not Beautiful, then the solution is wrong. Patchex

stapler has translated the wisdom of the ancients! It reads "Oo my back hurts. smokingpistol

Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf, I hate meatloaf CMCSAVAGE

The stone stick and arrest my bone, however the name does not damage to me in some situation - error! Ren_Echo

Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Ren_Echo

Stapler Likes #5: Walrus Moustaches. smokingpistol

Four and twenty blackbirds, Baked in a pie CMCSAVAGE

Stapler favourite time of day is evening twilight when sky turns from #CA1500 to #7FSAD2 smokingpistol

Chili today, Hot tamale, Stapler's weather report CMCSAVAGE

Stapler believe Aurora a marvel of imagination and engineering. Wowzer! Stapler also believe no birds soars too high if bird soars with own wings. Uh oh. Ren_Echo

In Hub Stapler felt claustrophobic. Now Stapler feels vertiginous. Hi chihuahuah! Ren_Echo

A frog does not drink from the pond in which it lives. Ren_Echo

"Following strings = the invisible thread left by humans, dogs and any creature as they move from A to B. Only Stapler can see following strings and only Stapler does not have following strings. Ponder ruminate Ren_Echo

Stapler have head. Friend have Head. Stapler Have eyes. Friend have Eyes. Stapler have Antenna. Radio have antenna. Stapler Fox Flummox baffle. Patchex

Stapler wish #2: to ride a push bike with greatest friend sitting on handlebars. Patchex

Is it best to do or to be? To do or to be? To do or to be? Do? Be? Do? Be? Do? Patchex

It is good to believe in luck. How else to explain the success of those we don't like? Patchex

If this is collector edition Stapler why does Stapler not feel 1.37 X smarter? Patchex

Photobucket
Message 73 of 108 (210 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 12, 2013
WOWWOW ok thank you VERY much Patchex you did some great work Smiley Happy I must admit I started getting a ton of repeat messages when Continuum started so I didnt want to post if already there. Belazirs video is amazing as well you both deserve a ton of kudos for your efforts. I will try to update OP at a browser this weekend (mobile will be hellacious if tried) but I have work early so it may be later tomorrow. I love your contributions thank you Patchex and everyone else posting so far Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 74 of 108 (200 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Not sure if this one is already posted, sorry Patchex if I'm hindering your efforts of cleaning this thread up ;^)

1/12/13 Stapler:

"By means of steam one can go from around the planet in 18 days. By means of stupidity one can go from Aurora to Earth in 18 seconds."

I thought he was only suppose to give a new phrase every 24 hours, but I've gotten several today? I decided not to post the others in case they're all old, cause I know I saw one before, " All human wisdom is summed up in two words, 'wait' and 'hope' "

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 75 of 108 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Jan 12, 2013

No Problem Smoking Pistol, thank you for making the Thread, I tried like 5 or 6 times to get people to help me do this same thing in the Unity thread, yet it was always so busy there and I was uinable to do it by myself so you really made it much easier and more enjoyable for me. 

And Yes TC915  that one was said a few times before. Yet its ok if you all keep posting I will sub this thread now and keep a copy to update as new ones come in. I don't care if there are mutis, yet the reason I kept asking and trying to help Smoking pistol get them together is so when you come in you can check and see if the one you have is already in the OP. 

Speaking of which, I think if your on your PS3 now Smoking you can use the browser to cut and copy the info to the OP, if you need help message me here or on the PS3 and I will do my best to walk you threw how to do it from the PS3 instead of phone. 

I am still going to be trying to group the like sayings together and such so we can try to orginize them better plus I plan to add any solutions we come up with in this thread, there are some really good problem solving answers in this thread, I just need to orginize them a bit better... sadly I am much slower then I was in my youngetr days lol I would have had that post in Hours a few years ago... it took me what 2 weeks? lol yet atleast we all got it done, which was a feat with in its self. 

The Wait and Hope and stuff like even you Friend are repeat things that stapler says everyday, kinda like his Scram and Scadoodle saying... he only give one long saying a day, the others are just letting you know you already say that days message. 

I just Saw David Post a really scary message in the Xi 2 thread, Sounds like they are killing Stapler... I really hope not. I hope its not because I gave him the name stapler and I have been mad at them for a while. Just because I refuse to work under the Utimatums they put in front of me, does by no means mean I wish for them to kill off what I found as the best mascot for HOME... Vickie is kinda cool, and even though Tdarb wrote an amazing Back ground Story for Lockwood for Vickie, I still think she is Evil, and I don't like the Sexist casing they chose to put Vickies brain (CPU)  in. Stapler is and was the First NPC in HOME that I found to be amusing plus helpful and for them to kill him off would be a shame. When they infected him with the virus the First time, I almost had a meltdown... at that time I was not so open about Helping to make Xi and was dealing with back lash of trying to spit it out while the VLR members were ripping eachother to shreads for no good reason. Hense why we are Unity instead of VLR.  Here is a copy of the Post David Made.

Click on this for David Original Post.

Y2David wrote:

Staplers words so far on Day 32

Some people Ask me why I follow Stapler so much and had a Sig for him yet was not paying for Xi 2. I still think anything sharing the Name and Atributes of Xi should be base free of Charge. Its a Personal thing. I know I had nothing to Do with Xi 2 in its making, yet there is no Doubt in my mind that I had a Decent Impact on the Making of Xi. When we Started it was not for Money, so with that in mind I never thought it was good to Charge for it. Extras and Such, ya, if they made items knowing they could make profit... cool, they choose to do that, and I might support them for that. Yet Xi was made in thoughts of friends and commuity and not for Profit. Xi 2 uses some Ideas from Xi one and I think that charging for it is a slap in my face and the face of our commuinty.

Honestly I might have taken the Dev kit and produced Product for Sony or Ndreams to sell if the situation had been different. If I had been treated with more respect, and I was not having twins, as well as Knowing that the Companys that that bought out what ever group I had been working with were going to treat the Customers better, I would have helped them more instead of walking away from the Program... I did try to burry the Hatchet when I walked away and never planned to return. I did send a message to the Only person who understood why I was upset, sadly I am not sure if that Person was Patrick or someone else. No one seems to want to talk to me about it. Back then there was lots of sexual harrasment in Hub on a daily basis, and no way to report it. Just like I do now, I tried to find ways to fix these problems. So I posted a video of some nasty guys talking nasty stuff to me in the program. Because of that they all turned on me. Sadly back then it was the only way to report someone for crappy behaviour. Yet when I Posted a public video of the Sex talking guys, I was breaching a contract I didn't know about. I leaked Alpha and Beta Projects. I did it unknowingly cause the TOS was not written and the Contract stuff was blank back then when you booted the Program. Also I fear that some of the people doing bad things were also Devs... Not all of them yet some of them... and of course they would not like that ... 

I was trying to tell King of Hearts in the other thread that I think Stapler shows inklings of his maker. I am not sure if It is just one person now, yet its possible that Patrick was the one good guy I knew who was working on Xi with me. I gave that person permition to use the game stuff I added even though I was leaving. I did not want to ruin 7 or 8 months of team work, nore did I want to hold them back from making money if that is what they chose to do. From what I remember it had to be a unanimous desition, and I was the only one who did not want to "Sell out" so to speak. I was angry that they were going to be charging us large amounts for stuff like the Gold Suits and such. I was also very upset with the general manner in which they look at the Target customer base... the things they said and continue to do is down right Disrespectful. I could not bring myself to live with that on a dayly basis nore was I willing to give up my integrity for any amount of promised money, even fake PSN or real US currency. 

Anyway, the reason I just made this whole Speal, is because for the past 4 years, I have been trying to track down who made Stapler. I believe that who ever that person is was the One nice guy I met in 07. He was married, he was one of the ones working on Xi, and he was always respectful. With that Said, I want to say thank you to him for actually being a good person. He was the only one I was sad that I was not going to have contact with. He was a true Friend, which makes me thing it was the Staplers maker guy. I wish we still had a copy of the Email I sent him telling him I was leaving and that they could use my ideas if they chose to market Xi. I did ask him to please try to keep it free yet if not, please donate my portion to cherity. I think its safe to say that he did his best to keep that promise, Sony backed the Game,  Yet they still did not Charge for anyone to play Xi, so I also say now Thank you Sony and Ndreams for that. Still even after they knew I was here all that time, that one guy has never made himself openly avalible for me to say thanks. I guess this Thread is the best way to acomplish my Goal for the past few years. Even though I would appreciate an appology from the other folks involved very much seeing that thier behaviour from the start was nasty and rude and umbecoming of role models in our gaming community, Saying Thank you to that one person is a much better feeling... Out of hundreds of people there was at least one good Freind. That is one of the great foundations of PS HOME. Probibly the Main reason when I found it in 09 I did not high tail it out of the program. (it also didn't help that I could not remove it from my PS3 lol I could have tried it before the april fools no other OS firmwear update, yet I didn't realize it at the time.) 

I think it is Patrick. Yet Im not sure. The reason I think it was him was becasue He said he worked on a company thing for a year by him, He is the CEO of Ndreams. And everytime I get a message back when I email Stapler it is always from Patrick. Also one time I sent Stapler a invite to sponser me for Extra Life Patrick Sponsered me for the Childrens Hospital Fund Raiser. 

I don't if its him... I often think about the events that happend with a heavy heart and angry thoughts. For instance the IT charactor they use in the Game and on the forums, was the guy who asked me to marry him... so I know it was not just Patrick working on Xi, I know there were about 10 other people. Honestly I don't hold the others in the highest regard. So it would make me feel much better to know who the one person was so I dont say something rude to them by acident. yet I have been trying my best not to say anything rude to anyone even though I want to stand infront of some of them from my memories and scream at them till I am blue in the face that I am mad as hell about how I was treated. Sometimes Breaking the Cycle is the best medicine of all. 

I have Seen Home users,  MODs, HCV's, and posters in general that have emmitted that same nasty behaviour. I have cought myself slipping here and there at times where I wanted to reach threw my PS3 or Labtop and Shake them till they woke up and looked at how mean or crappy they were being. Yet Dispite the times when that happens, I have found many good folks who are cool to game and chat with. There are still times when I wish to leave home altogether, or Yell at Devs and Company's and such, yet there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME. 

I will continue to Try and make it a better place for myself as well as my fellow community members, dispite any differences I have with them... and I think it is very much still a Beta. There are many things I will not aggree with, yet In voiceing my opinions and thoughts on HOME related (and any place else) ideas and hopes, I will continue to do my best to be respectful and honest. 

Oh writting this has made me feel much better... so if you read this thanks... 

Photobucket
Message 76 of 108 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Stapler Said something odd last night. He made one of the old notes... the one about courage and not knowing what it was, yet after he said this when I prompted for the same one... 

Stapler = Friend back so soon? In your Thirst for knowlage be sure not to drown in all the information. 

I really do not think I have seen him say this before has anyone else?

Photobucket
Message 77 of 108 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 13, 2013
@Patchex I have waited for some time between working this weekend and a friends birthday IRL and like you said I am a ton slower than I used to be at this stuff lol I am sorry and will work soon on compacting OP.

To reply to your above post, the "drowning in your thirst for knowledge" part is something I have received before in the past upon prompting him numerous times for dialog. Its not new (within the last 5 months at least) but it does sound a little catty of him to say eh? Guess he doesnt like repeating himself too much ^_^
Support Forums
Message 78 of 108 (164 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Don't worry about time you dont have, yet it just makes sence that the OP holds the sayings though, that way we can see if we are posting repeats. I think I posted repeats a few times Smiley Sad sorry about that... Again if you need help updating or if you want it orginized differently please let me know... I was gona scan threw the thread for Solutions again and try to add some in, yet I got distracted lol... 

As for the Saying... Maybe thats why I missed it, I do not prompt him much after I get the Saying for the day. Yet after the question from Tc915 I looked into the after sayings and came accross that one. So ya it seems like there are new sayings with in the past few weeks or months. Yet Some stuff is really old, like from when he was released as an Item. Its so wierd to think that there could be Millions of copys of that Stapler in private Spaces lol There seems to be the NERDICA copy hatching an egg or something in the New Xi too... odd stuffs... 

Photobucket
Message 79 of 108 (160 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Stapler has some disturbing things to say today.

Stapler="Stapler has premonition - a pile of gadgets 3.403km high all dying as power grid runs out forever more. Very sad, melancholy. Stapler believe they may put on a show."

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 80 of 108 (149 Views)