Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Re: (Xi2 related?) Stapler's Words

Dec 11, 2012

Stapler="Stapler believe Aurora a marvel of imagination and engineering. Wowzer! Stapler also believe no birds soars too high if bird soars with own wings. Uh oh."

Stapler="In Hub Stapler felt claustrophobic. Now Stapler feels vertiginous. Hi chihuahuah!"

Stapler="A frog does not drink from the pond in which it lives."

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 61 of 108 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Dec 21, 2012

So far it doesn't appear that Stapler is involved in Xi: Continuum and he hasn't really made any references to it yet but I found this one interesting.

Stapler="Following strings = the invisible thread left by humans, dogs and any creature as they move from A to B. Only Stapler can see following strings and only Stapler does not have following strings. Ponder ruminate."

Does Stapler not have "following strings" because he's stuck on a pedestal? Or if he can move, does he leave a trail no one can follow?

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Message 62 of 108 (239 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Stapler celebrating Christmas?

Message 63 of 108 (223 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Dec 27, 2012

lol Nice, and Yes... it seems as though he was partying for Christmas... TGM pointed out to me a year or so ago about the hats, and let me know Stapler was Sporting one... Ill post a pic of it later too...  

I like your comments about the Strings... its interesting. 

Back in 07 before Stapler was named Stapler... there was talk about how he should be in a nice grassy spot in the sun... and given legs. Now he still does not have legs, yet at least they made a Mini stapler that is not confined to the hub.  I am still sad that they left that broken Stapler Statue of Him... its hard to see him like that... yet then they turned around and gave us the personal item... so in a way he lives, yet still seems like he's on Auto pilot. I remember when he was just a statue before HOME and said nothing, yet somehow still had a personality unlike any Digital robot I have ever seen in any platform. 

Here are two more sayings,

Stapler = Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. 

Stapler = Stapler have head. Friend have Head. Stapler Have eyes. Friend have Eyes. Stapler have Antenna. Radio have antenna. Stapler Fox Flummox baffle.

In the last one I notice, Stapler never mentioned Legs... The people back in 07 always joked about him not having legs, lol it looks as though Mr. Staplers AI is kicking in and he is realizing that even though we consider him a Friend, he sees he is not the same... not Human... Realizing he is a robot?

Also Smoking... May I please Streamline the info here and give it to the people updating the thread for Xi 2? It would be mightly helpful to see all the sayings not so scatered as they are in the Thread here... I keep asking if I can help you and you don't answer back... I would just do it, yet i have had bad experiances with situations like this where I tried to help and got reammed cause someone thought I was stepping on thier toes... if I dont hear back from you in a week or so I will probibly just do it to get it over with, yet I figured I would ask a third time just to give you a chance to say yes or no to the help. 

Photobucket
Message 64 of 108 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Go for it Patchex. I thought I had said so in the past.
Support Forums
Message 65 of 108 (207 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Thanks Patchex, speaking of legs Stapler had this to say today:

Stapler="Stapler wish #2: to hop away on plinth and join the circus."

In the Xi store there is an outfit (I think its an outfit) which looks like Stapler but is named Nerdica. Presumably, this will be a character in the game at some point. This makes me wonder if Stapler will make an appearance. 

Message 66 of 108 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Hmm Ren theres that word 'plinth' again. If you look on page 1 of this thread notice my (I believe) first Stapler quote. He asks 'is there such a thing as a trench plinth?'
Hes really stuck on that. Seems related to his dreams of having legs also, I believe a plinth is a base of some sort is it not?
Support Forums
Message 67 of 108 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Thanks, Smoking... sorry if I didn't realize you said yes... it was a miss communication I think... I didn't see a yes or no, maybe I just missed it... So thanks... I will try working on it this week.

Here is the Wiki...

In architecture, a plinth is the base or platform upon which a columnpedestalstatuemonument or structure rests.[1] Gottfried Semper's The Four Elements of Architecture (1851) posited that the plinth, the hearth, the roof, and the wall make up all of architectural theory. The plinth usually rests directly on the ground, or "stylobate". According to Semper, the plinth exists to negotiate between a structure and the ground. Semper's theory has been influential in the development of architecture.[2]

Many houses in flood-prone rural areas of Bangladesh are built on plinths ("homestead plinths").

The word is also used for the base of a cabinet or an audio turntable.[citation needed]

In dam engineering, the "plinth" is the link between the ground and the dam. For the case of arch dams, the term is changed to "pulvino".

and yes it looks like the pillar he sits on... Yet it was a running Joke back in 07 that one day Stapler would get to walk on the Peir of the Harbor with legs, and stand in the Grass of what we in the US know as CP. 

Photobucket
Message 68 of 108 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Dec 28, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Hmm Ren theres that word 'plinth' again. If you look on page 1 of this thread notice my (I believe) first Stapler quote. He asks 'is there such a thing as a trench plinth?'
Hes really stuck on that. Seems related to his dreams of having legs also, I believe a plinth is a base of some sort is it not?

I wasn't around for te first Xi so I'm not overly familiar with Stapler's history. Was he ever able to move on his own by levitating or something? If not, it might explain his desire to have legs.

Message 69 of 108 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 28, 2012
No hes been mostly positioned om his base for the most part, except for the Stapler companions which just bobs around sans legs following you. Hes more a mini Stapler anyways hardly the real one Ive always thought. Also, I find it strange that in Xi: Continuum, Stapler hasnt even been mentioned yet...
Support Forums
Message 70 of 108 (154 Views)