Nov 20 2012
By: smokingpistol Ghost of Sparta 9504 posts

(Xi2 related?) Stapler's Words

107 replies 911 views Edited Nov 20, 2012
Ok everyone, as it seems another XI may be upon us, I have decided to make a thread detailing the Stapler Active Item's 'wisdom' of the day. The item itself this week was changed from being in the 'appliances' section in furniture and now resides in 'ornaments'. His behaviour lately has been questionable, and somewhat more cryptic than before his update. It is my opinion that by studying his messages, one may gain insight into XI happenings, or at the least, have a kick trying to figure out what they may mean.

DISCUSSION IS WELCOMED teamwork is wanted but please respect other's opinions in this thread, as XI is about our community. Hopefully users from all four regions can use this as a resource also. XI enthusiasts please step up! Dark days are coming to Home. Be prepared!
Support Forums
Message 1 of 108 (911 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: (Xi2 related?) Stapler's Words

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012
STAPLER=

Sun Nov. 18 - Forsooth, do not go hither swith with scither twixt thinger - hic, rethet!

ALSO

- All human wisdom is summed up in two words, 'wait' and 'hope'.

- All good things come to those who wait. Even you friend ---
Support Forums
Message 2 of 108 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Nov 20, 2012
XI was a wonderful time in home. I welcome another round with open arms....
Message 3 of 108 (905 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 20, 2012
STAPLER=

Mon Nov. 19 - Perplex baffle bewilder - is there such a thing as trench plinth?
Support Forums
Message 4 of 108 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Today (Tuesday), I am getting the message from Monday still. I will update this thread when new messages pop up. His words are cryptic surely, and what the hell is trench plinth??!?! D:
Support Forums
Message 5 of 108 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Nov 20, 2012

stapler in my space tells me;There is nothing like an analogue knob to make you want to twiddle.Woman Frustrated

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 6 of 108 (887 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 20, 2012
^ hmm Darkan, you bring up an interesting point. If others get DIFFERENT MESSAGES than what I am seeing, post those too. Maybe put 'STAPLER=' before the text so we all know its a stapler quote and not your personal feelings/comment Smiley Tongue
Support Forums
Message 7 of 108 (880 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

"There is nothing so enticing as a stick thrown."

"Help, aid , assist. What will Stapler get gadet friends for Christmas?"

"Stapler has a premonition......"

Stapler's had a great many strange messages in the Eu regarding Aurora, complete with a dark premonition... I expect he's been saying the same stuff here, but it's gone un-noticed - I've 2-4 Staplers in every personal space I own and checked them daily for a while, thenm made a video of the most pertinent - at which point they promptly got updated with a ton more! He's been in Ornaments since I got him, too - is he not called "Stapler Ornament" in the Browser, or similar?

I think it's a mostly a random list on a server somewhere, which is regularly seeded with hints and clues to Aurora updates etc, but as it's a personal item (only the owner can use it, oddly, no-one else) the potential for personalised messages is there.

If you're handy with the pause button you can see a bunch of the message I stuffed in a  video earlier in the year.

Message 8 of 108 (831 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Stapler=

If growth rate of Elvis impersonators continues (170 in 1977, est 25,000 today) Elvi will account for 33.3% of world pop by 2019.
Support Forums
Message 9 of 108 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Seems to be a combination of literary quotes along with some word play. 

"Forsooth, do not go hither swith with scither twixt thinger - hic, rethet!"

I can't find the quote he's trying to say, but I don't think this one's a quote.  I think he's drunk, and what he was trying to say was "Forsooth, do not go hither swift with scythe twixt finger."

"All human wisdom is summed up in two words, 'wait' and 'hope'."

A quote from "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, a 19th century French poet.

"All good things come to those who wait. Even you friend ---"

A reference to Violet Fane's 18th century French poem, "Tout vient ß qui sait attendre".  The poem goes as follows...

'Ah, all things come to those who wait,'
(I say these words to make me glad),
But something answers soft and sad,
'They come, but often come too late.'

...not a good omen.

"Perplex baffle bewilder - is there such a thing as trench plinth?"

A "plinth" is the pedestal Stapler sits upon.  I think he's simply having random thoughts, but the trench reference might show he's got warfare on his mind, and is worried for his safety.

"There is nothing like an analogue knob to make you want to twiddle."

Sounds like normal Stapler to me.

Message 10 of 108 (778 Views)