Fender Bender
3063 posts

Re: Xi2 Is Pay-To-Play only....

Dec 14, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

I was very much looking forward to the second XI but sadly since it is pay to play i'm going to have to pass on it.

If you really cannot afford $9, then I'm sorry for your situation.  Truly, I know times are tough.

Otherwise, you have not been looking forward to it that much.  $9 spread out over a month and a half is only 20 cents a day.

Excuse me for being more conservative with my money and not shelling out $9 on something I won't even really own.

Message 111 of 179 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 14, 2012

J-T-W-NY wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

I was very much looking forward to the second XI but sadly since it is pay to play i'm going to have to pass on it.

If you really cannot afford $9, then I'm sorry for your situation.  Truly, I know times are tough.

Otherwise, you have not been looking forward to it that much.  $9 spread out over a month and a half is only 20 cents a day.

MsLiza, the acutal cost isn't the issue.  Sure we can all afford the $9.  But the question is, Is X2:C worth the $9?  Relatively speaking, I don't think it is. 

Plus, from what we are hearing, $9 is only the starting price.  How much will it be with all the additional things?  

If you don't think that it's worth the price then don't buy it.  That's fine.  Nobody is forced to buy anything.

I rarely buy things on Home because I don't think most things are worth it.  But...I don't complain and say it's not worth X amount of dollars so I should get it for free.

Regarding a starting price, nDreams said that Xi:2 could be completed without any further expenses.  We'll just have to take them at their word until proven otherwise,

castle3
Message 112 of 179 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

Dec 14, 2012

the price is a lil steep, but i can say in the past i've spent bout the same on a personal space & companion, even tho i'll probably never use that Aeropal thing, but the apt seems like it's gunna turn out to be a pretty big space tho ... only real problem is the associates packs, either $11.99 as a bundle or around $40 if ya buy each separately, so unless the associates are tied into the actual Continnum game & not just for use in the multi-player combat game i'll pass on that purchase,.. anyone got any rewards yet playing the combat game? if so what & are they worth buying the associates packs to achieve them?

Message 113 of 179 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

murphdawg1 wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

Excuse me for being more conservative with my money and not shelling out $9 on something I won't even really own.

No excuse necessary.  I'm very conservative with my Home expenditures as well.  I give you credit for that stance.

That said, I was only saying that $9 shouldn't be a deal-breaker for something that you were "very much looking forward to."  If you want to participate in Xi:2 that badly then you'll find the $9.  If your priorities lie elsewhere and you don't feel it's worth the price, I commend you for your budget-conscious attitude.  You should continue to spend or not spend your money as you see fit.

Do you ever spend $9 to go to the movies?  Or do you refuse to go because you don't own the movie when you leave?

castle3
Message 114 of 179 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Tc, you unlock an apt addition after 10 wins.
And no, it doesn't appear you need to buy associates. You can prob win without them or find someone willing to trade wins with you to get the unlock.
Message 115 of 179 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

Dec 14, 2012
cool ty,.. can ya send me or post a pic of the section, i already unlocked 3 pieces,.. the bomb section, upper rock formation w/ the frozen pond & the room w/ the light on the wall, am i still missing a section?

Message 116 of 179 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Dec 14, 2012

ill trade wins with someone .  im also needing the 10 win challenge

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 117 of 179 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Dec 14, 2012

oh ndreams sucking the money out of home =) got to love them

yet we still buy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 118 of 179 (112 Views)
I Only Post Everything