Jan 05 2013
By: LeeStone71 I Only Post Everything 1011 posts

Xi episode 2 (spoilers)

11 replies 304 views Edited Jan 5, 2013
Well we're halfway thru episode one.

Any thoughts on what episode 2 will bring?

I went ahead and put spoiler tag in subject so we can talk freely. *cone of silence activated*

I think maybe a less linear story. As episode 1 set up most of the Continuum characters, they will be able to branch the storylines out.

Also, more in-game puzzles and a total revamp of combat.
Message 1 of 12 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: Xi episode 2 (spoilers)

Jan 5, 2013

I'm expecting a preqeul.

Message 2 of 12 (288 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 5, 2013
That would be an interesting turn of events, ck... hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Message 3 of 12 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

Jan 5, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I'm expecting a preqeul.

hi im guess that were going to see the xi2 place destoyed by the end of the game and they next chaper is goeing to be deep into the xi 3 underground in the eatfamingworm where she is caught and brought to jusice.

Message 4 of 12 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 5, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:

I went ahead and put spoiler tag in subject so we can talk freely. *cone of silence activated*

I think maybe a less linear story. As episode 1 set up most of the Continuum characters, they will be able to branch the storylines out.

:^O What's that? I can't hear you...!

;^) Anyway, the original Xi expanded well beyond what even the developers anticipated. It was as much a phenomenon as it was a game, and producing that on demand just isn't done, let alone repeated on demand. So, expectations for Xi 2 needed to be adjusted accordingly. Personally, I feel that the current Xi: Continuum is an enjoyable game in its own right, expanding upon the original, and furthering the plot. It's about as worthy of the name as could be expected in a sequel.

:^/ As for a third, I'd like to see it remain as true to the spirit of the original as the second has been, or even closer.  I agree that a little non-linearity would be welcome, as well as multiple routes to the ending, or even multiple endings depending upon what we do. However, if there are multiple endings, then we should be able to replay the game once we've completed each ending.

Message 5 of 12 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 5, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:

episode 2 will bring another pay to play game to Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 6 of 12 (225 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I'm sure it won't cost as much as Episode 1 since we were really paying mostly for the personal space.
Message 7 of 12 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 5, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
I'm sure it won't cost as much as Episode 1 since we were really paying mostly for the personal space.

You could be right but I'm very disappointed in Xi-2. 

• XI had in game puzzles and games.  Smiley Happy
  • XI-2 has web games Smiley Sad
  • XI had a killer story line that made it so you couldn't wait for the next day to startSmiley Very Happy
  • XI-2 has a ok story line that is still filled with a tone of holes. Smiley Frustrated
  • XI had rewards so you could show others that you play XI and how far in you are.  Smiley Very Happy
  • XI-2 really does not have any rewards yet.  Smiley Sad

The only real thing I didn't like about the first XI was the ending.  It was way to lame.  nDreams felt a need to tell us that Xi was only a game.  If you didn't know that then you really should not of been playing the game.

So to answer the OP question is to have a ton of these problems fixed.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 8 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

I'm expecting a prequel.

A prequel where you are time warped into the past. You find out The Continuum being made to find Chicks lead to it being a source of Sexual Harassment. You recruit one of the victim's of Sexual Harassment to help you destroy The Continuum.

When that doesn't work you later have her cause damage through out PS Home to get the attention of Sony's Moderators. Unfortunately you grab the attention of Axiom. You then decide to remain silent until Chapter 2.... or is it 3?

Next chapter, you confront your younger self that The Continuum must be destroyed before it returns to its evil ways. Your younger self refusing to believe you & unable to defeat you decides to get you both killed by a Bully Drone.

Congratulations! your younger you created a Time Paradox! Even if you did not live to see it The Continuum is now destroyed! Your recruit, EFD unfortunately gets all the blame despite you both knowing the truth. If only you could've lived to prevent her capture then being torn apart by Axiom.

Message 9 of 12 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Speculation, all speculation at this point. Too early still to tell what will happen in the next episode.

Message 10 of 12 (194 Views)
0 Likes