Gaming Beast
1864 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in the Home forum, but I've been around Home since open beta launch four years ago, so some of you know me. Anyhow, I've been wanting to post this for almost a week since the last 4-part encoded message showed up. I enjoyed Xi in 2009, and I wanted to do something to try to help the community a little, so I wrote a little script to help you with any future letter substitution encoded messages we find. So between long nights at work this week and lots of internet connection problems this weekend, it has taken a while, but here it is.

http://lancelotnyc123.heliohost.org/message_decoder/

If you want to encode your own messages, just use it in reverse by entering your original message in the encoded message box, and swap the letters around until you're happy with the output. I'd love to hear your feedback!

I'm not sure how reliably this free host will work for this, but it's a start. If I start to reach the daily traffic limit, I'll just have to figure out a better place to put it.

Have a good day, and ... HORBUQO WU WZO BUPWXPJJQ OIOKFUPO

Awesome!  Thank you for all that hard work, Lance!!  It did help me figure out what you put as your sign -off:

Spoiler
welcome to the continuum everyone

I do have one suggestion - is it possible to make it put in an underscore where no letter is known?  Like when we delete a letter from the solving part of the key.

If underscores will run together and make it hard to see how many missing letters there are, then perhaps asterisks?

Thanks again for this tool!

Message 81 of 1,743 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Cool  idea to help the community, but I put in the msg at the end of your post & the other box just has the same thing in it, anyway you could post or msg me a detailed set of instructions on how to use it,.. i'm sure other members may not need them but lol i've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Again vn contribution to the cause!!

Message 82 of 1,743 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Dec 17, 2012

So Continuum officially managed to make me feel like I was hearing things today. xD I don't know if this an actual legit occurance or if it was just something that I hadn't paid attention to before, but either way, it did its job. I was by the red laser fields that keep you out of EFD's area, and I was using my camera in first person to sorta zoom in past them to see if I could get a peek at anything, and I heard what sounded like a rock being thrown down an alley, like something little and hard hitting concrete and bouncing. And then about 30 seconds later, I heard it again...xD I got out of there and went into Snowcrash...I dunno if that's just something in the general background noise loop that I never heard or actually something but I was certainly amused by it. Maybe it really is making me hear things.

Message 83 of 1,743 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Anyone else been up to the area where "Stonehenge" is? What do you think of that and the sculptures behind it? They have holes in them and when there is a shadow....well, someone smarter than me should check it out. From the spawning point, when you arrive from your apt. Into the city, go as far to the right as you can. Then go UP to the next level on the ramp to your right.
Message 84 of 1,743 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Hi TC915_UK,

Yeah...after you paste the encoded message in, you have to enter the letters used for substitution below. The first row of letters are the straight alphabet A-Z. Below each letter is the new letter to replace it. As you change that second row of letters, the message on the right side updates. So once you have all of the correct letters in the second row, you will have decoded the message.

And I'll see what I can do about underscores or something as the defaults in the second row, anamri. Great suggestion!

Message 85 of 1,743 (516 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 17, 2012
OK, I updated the script. Now the decoded side contains all underscores until you start changing the letters. Smiley Happy
Message 86 of 1,743 (506 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Boxer lady, if you line up the back statues by the center hole, it makes an eight point asterisk.
Message 87 of 1,743 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Dec 17, 2012

and did you notice all those holes are the Axiom symbols?

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 88 of 1,743 (486 Views)
Survivor
1630 posts

Dec 17, 2012

special guest nDreams' Joey Dale to discuss their latest game Xi: Continuum!

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 89 of 1,743 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Um.. after i put in the code i got from day 6 puzzle i got kicked out of my cypher.. and then it went unavailable. A simple leaving and coming back fixed it but was it supposed to do that?
Message 90 of 1,743 (447 Views)
0 Likes