Survivor
1979 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012
Spoiler

I wonder why the grafitti on the walls spell out "Le Canadien" ... could that be a clue?
Message 61 of 1,743 (1,608 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
872 posts

Dec 16, 2012

xigbar93 wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

xigbar93 wrote:

Am I the only one that went "Excuuuuuse me?" when they were like 'Hey, thanks for letting us blow up your space.' xD

i had a similar thought....

"wait wait wait, youre putting a bomb in my apartment with a bunch of blinking lights. then you say not to press any buttons after you have been 'watching me for some time'?   obviously you dont know me well enough Smiley Very Happy

Well, I ran around it a few times and...maybe Running Man'd it a litle bit, hope that doesn't count as 'touching.' >.>

I'm not sure I'm on board with blowing this place up. What do we really know about Jess? Just that she was recruting agents in the orginal Xi for some future unspecified threat. We know even less about Axiom, only what small amount of information they've given us about themselves. 

As far as EFD is concerned, I think she was a former agent of Jess recruited during the original Xi based on her comments on Twitter. It seems like she became disillusioned after finding out that Xi was only a recruitment exercise. That might explain why she has such disdain for us. Or maybe she found out something about Axiom that turned her against it. 

There are other questions. Why were so many agents reactivated just to track down one person? We only just found out that she was working with others. If she is against Axiom, why is she vandalizing Aurora and trying to destroy Home? Why is the Continuum considered a threat while Divine Zero has taken no action against us? I can understand why Axiom HQ and Snowcrash was created in the Continuum but why do the sculptures near the entrance to the personnal space have Axiom symbols on them?

There is more going on here than they're telling us. We should try to find a way to reach out to EFD. She may be able to tell us what Axiom is rreally up to.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 62 of 1,743 (1,546 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Day 5 short.. found only 2 fragments after scowering for an hour.. Noticed Sprayed Painted words on last locations of previous day's **bleep**ments.. Is this a clue for future of the continuum? Also Noticed in Quinta Essentia  words are now apearing in the scrambled message... 

I can't make out of the scrambled message of who lies ????? and creation,????? makes your mind bogle. Yet more to discover in comming day's I am hooked. I dont like the pay to play plot but well worth the 8.99 if any one is skeptiable of buying..

https://casting.thetester.com/SgtSlaughter
Message 63 of 1,743 (1,500 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Okay... something new...
Go to EU forums, look at translation of street signs... then go here...
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/01/local/me-mash1
Message 64 of 1,743 (1,463 Views)
Sackboy
452 posts

Dec 16, 2012

vn find Lee,.. i already had the sign posts but that is kinda freaky how that article ties in (maybe) ,.. could just be a programmers joke lol,..  but it's worth saving for future reference just in case

Message 65 of 1,743 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Dec 16, 2012

wow, weird, the signposts seem to be like the ones from MASH? LOL ... also, those "sculptures" next to our Vertigo apt ... near that little Stonehenge ... all the holes in those pieces are not just holes ... they are the Axiom symbols ... also, that building has no Japanese writing as most others do, it has "fleur de lis" carved all around it ... a very French symbol

And yeah, EFD, not alone ... is it her group that's scary? She seems not so bad LOL ... Jess certainly seems to know her ... the EvilFrogDoris twitter feed speaks of EFD in the 3rd person ... I suspect someone dif behind that acct

The colors are becoming more vivid, like real world is creeping into the Continuum ... that trail that leads to AxiomHq especially ... and yeah, so many clues in these quiet days

Ig posting about EHT... but that day, his comment on his PSNID was, who is UHT? ... typo? clue?

the Continuum has to be near a church ... there's a big stained glass reflection ... too much to think about LMAO

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 66 of 1,743 (1,447 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Dec 16, 2012

LeeStone71 wrote:
Okay... something new...
Go to EU forums, look at translation of street signs... then go here...
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/01/local/me-mash1

Nice find. The only city that is missing from the Xi post that is present on the M.A.S.H. post is Toledo.

Message 67 of 1,743 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

The letters on the walls spell out

Spoiler
"Le Canadien"!
Message 68 of 1,743 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Dec 16, 2012

yes, we know LOL ... it's already posted, under a spoiler tag Smiley Surprised

Spoiler
LE CANADIEN ... we still don't know what it means

and another entry in the Ig's diary 

Days 2 and 3

A far more relaxed day today (though am I the only one to draw breath at Axiom's plan to destroy the Continuum?) so everyone has been inventing new and fun ways to pass time inside the Continuum.

Here’s my own silly pastime. Every time I spawn in –always at that same spot at the bottom of walkway to the vertigo apartment – there’s always a handful of others appearing too.

Instead of running off to do Jessica’s bidding, I jump in front of my fellow spawnees and throw down a few seconds of my best dances moves. 

Then I run off. Why?  For the sheer pleasure of acting the complete idiot. Personally I would ADORE being greeted by a random stranger ‘flash dancing’ for me. It would make my day, so I urge one and all to follow Iggy’s lead and do the same thing each time you enter the Continuum. Spread the love!

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 69 of 1,743 (1,427 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I just posted this on the EU forums, but to post it here as well... 

It seems that the Snowcrash bar is a reference to a 1992 book, "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. If you look at the plot for the book, it definitely seems like it ties in with the whole Xi 2 Plot. I've included the main summary below, but its worth reading the entire wikipedia entry.

From WIKIPEDIA:

Spoiler

Snow Crash is Neal Stephenson's third novel, published in 1992. Like many of Stephenson's other novels it covers history, linguistics, anthropology, archaeology,religion, computer science, politics, cryptography, memetics, and philosophy.
Stephenson explained the title of the novel in his 1999 essay In the Beginning... was the Command Line as his term for a particular software failure mode on the early Apple Macintosh computer. Stephenson wrote about the Macintosh that "When the computer crashed and wrote gibberish into the bitmap, the result was something that looked vaguely like static on a broken television set—a 'snow crash' ".
The book presents the Sumerian language as the firmware programming language for the brainstem, which is supposedly functioning as the BIOS for the human brain. According to characters in the book, the goddess Asherah is the personification of a linguistic virus, similar to a computer virus. The god Enki created a counter-program which he called a nam-shub that caused all of humanity to speak different languages as a protection against Asherah (a re-interpretation of the ancient Near Eastern story of the Tower of Babel).
Snow Crash was nominated for both the British Science Fiction Award in 1993,[1] and the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 1994.

Message 70 of 1,743 (1,425 Views)