Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues and info from NA/EU

Dec 12, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Pretty nice to see an official thread – at least this does appear to be one.

It would be nice if moderation and the Home team gave us a separate Xi forum. They have one in the EU at the moment. I don't quite understand why we don't have one here.

Just want to clarify that this is not an official thread, this account is the old VLR group "Unity"'s moderation account.  (Just so no one thinks we are pretending to be part of the nDreams team.)

We did not think this was a thread that could be maintained by just one person.  We chose the NA forums simply for the ability to update the OP freely and frequently.

VLR
Message 11 of 1,743 (2,020 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1549 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Thank you for the clarity!
BannerFans.com
Message 12 of 1,743 (2,011 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Great post! Kudos Smiley Happy

also here is the latest video from the mall, posted in another thread earlier but it got buried pretty quick 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWYkIYNwoNE

Message 13 of 1,743 (1,991 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

:^/ I've noticed something interesting about the coded alphabet used for the current tickers in the Aurora and Xi Museum spaces. If one places the letters of the clear alphabet in normal order, and writes their coded counterparts below, there seems to be a message embedded within the alphabet itself, at least the front part is amusing.

Spoiler
CLEAR: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
CODED: XICONTUMA_DEFGHJ_LPQR_V_Y_

;^) The first part reads: "Xi Continuum," with the repeated letters dropped out. Dunno whether it means anything, but it's fun just the same.

Is this the developers' sense of humor, or is there more to it...?

Message 14 of 1,743 (1,970 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ I've noticed something interesting about the coded alphabet used for the current tickers in the Aurora and Xi Museum spaces. If one places the letters of the clear alphabet in normal order, and writes their coded counterparts below, there seems to be a message embedded within the alphabet itself, at least the front part is amusing.

Spoiler
CLEAR: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
CODED: XICONTUMA_DEFGHJ_LPQR_V_Y_

;^) The first part reads: "Xi Continuum," with the repeated letters dropped out. Dunno whether it means anything, but it's fun just the same.

Is this the developers' sense of humor, or is there more to it...?

You are spot on, DangerDad.  That is the method for decoding the first set of cryptogram Ticker messages.  However, the second set was a bit harder and did not use the same method.

VLR
Message 15 of 1,743 (1,962 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5129 posts

Dec 12, 2012

day 1 of xi Continuum and I'm so impressed already with the way it starts before getting to it.. get pass the werehouse and there you can the Axiom Agent Pack

Message 16 of 1,743 (1,902 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Also, I beat the multiplayer game 3/3 and unlocked another part of the apartment.

Message 17 of 1,743 (1,874 Views)
Gaming Beast
1863 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Ok, so I saw all of those graffiti tags:

graffiti

and I thought...

Spoiler
They are all slightly different.  So, I decided to overlay them and here is the result: aCOMPLETE.gif

It says, "Le Canadien" underneath

Above that could be "hard"...  It's not very clear.  I don't know if it will come to anything, but my search for  "Le Canadien" turned up this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Canadien

Message 18 of 1,743 (1,791 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Dec 13, 2012

anamri wrote:

Ok, so I saw all of those graffiti tags:

graffiti

and I thought...

Spoiler
They are all slightly different.  So, I decided to overlay them and here is the result: 

aCOMPLETE.gif

It says, "Le Canadien" underneath

Above that could be "hard"...  It's not very clear.  I don't know if it will come to anything, but my search for  "Le Canadien" turned up this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Canadien

Ahhhh I know those would say something, I wasnt sure if I had found all of the taggings yet.  The top is very hard to make out, looks almost like it says blaze?

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 19 of 1,743 (1,773 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11818 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

I thought it said "blaad"..................Smiley Surprised

Spoiler
blaad.jpg

Message 20 of 1,743 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes