I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 15, 2013

Also another thing to point out for those who think $8.99 is a ripoff for the Xi-2 Game Bundle. You all wanna see a real ripoff ?

Go to the Exclusive Store and look up the Gold Suit (Not the Golden Armor bundle from HeavyWater).

Go ahead I'll wait.....

Smiley Surprised Shocking Huh ?

Message 1271 of 1,743 (366 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 15, 2013
How about the gold toilet...

FLLUUUSSSSHHHHH.....
Message 1272 of 1,743 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jan 15, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
How about the gold toilet...

FLLUUUSSSSHHHHH.....

Yea that too. in fact alot of stuff in the Exclusive Store is a good if not perfect example of a "Rip-Off"

So $8.99 for all that stuff in the Xi-2 Game Bundle doesn't seem so bad now does it ?

Message 1273 of 1,743 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 15, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Also another thing to point out for those who think $8.99 is a ripoff for the Xi-2 Game Bundle. You all wanna see a real ripoff ?

Go to the Exclusive Store and look up the Gold Suit (Not the Golden Armor bundle from HeavyWater).

Go ahead I'll wait.....

Not that any of this is on topic, but some people do like rare items in Home that not everyone has.  Have a few items that cost more thne other items is a good idea.  If you don't like them or the price don't buy them.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1274 of 1,743 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jan 15, 2013
After a month I gave up hope for something to come. I am no longer reserving judgement. I really don't expect the "game" to start on day 47, but if it does then I will eat my words. Smiley Tongue GAME OVER Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Continuum is one of the reasons I came back to Home. I really don't care about companions, apartments, or extra associates? As I said before the Vertigo Apt is cool, the Continuum space is neat, I just want to play the game. Smiley Sad
Message 1275 of 1,743 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jan 15, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

jj_dillon wrote:

Go ahead I'll wait.....

Not that any of this is on topic, but some people do like rare items in Home that not everyone has.  Have a few items that cost more thne other items is a good idea.  If you don't like them or the price don't buy them.

No, Rare items are from like limited time events, theres nothing rare about the stuff in the exclusive store unless they plan to take em out within the next month, I could see them being rare that way but not when they're still in the store. Its just a away for Sony (or whoever) to leach money out of the community.

ANYWAY lets get back on topic.

Message 1276 of 1,743 (348 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 15, 2013

When the survey went out, one of the questions was regarding rewards which I thought was odd since I hadn't gotten any. I think that nDreams considers the apartment unlocks and additional associates as rewards in which case I wouldn't expect to see anything that we would traditionally see as rewards until maybe the last day. 

As far as the game goes, this is just chapter one and while it would of been nice if more was going on, the next few days leading up to Day 47 should be very eventful. Community events were also mentioned at some point and I'm hoping for one to occur in this chapter (hopefully a drone attack).

This next part is just for laughs and to build up hype for a possible drone attack and is not to be taken seriously. Smiley LOL

Coming soon to your PS3... From the makers of Granzella: Fossil Diggers and Sodium Scorpion Wars comes a new machinima, Ren Echo: Drone Fighter. *cue deep voice* "In a virtual world within a world within yet another world, where literally anything can happen on any given day but frequently nothing does, and where your associates do all your fighting for you yet somehow you get all the credit, one man stands alone (with thousands of others, yet none of them in Snowcrash) against the drone menace."

Spoiler

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1277 of 1,743 (318 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I know it really doesnt matter what I think, not that it ever really did... 

Yet I am so dissapointed in alot of you. You keep talking about how your Disapointed because there is not Rewards and such. (some of you anyway) The Point of a Game is to play and have fun... not win trophy's. That is why I was so upset durring the making of Xi that so many people wanted trophys for the PS3 before it was even really out... Anyway, take a look around you. 

You all come together to play XI 2. Yes I agree Xi 2 is not Xi, and probibly should not share the name of it, yet You all got a game and Spaces and such after you paid the 9 dollar entry fee... no one said there would be prizes. Only Joey Mentioned wait till you see what you get and crap like that. This is not the same HOME we had 4 years ago... everything now is a race to see how much can be made... Im not saying that all Devs and such only care about the money, yet take a look at how WE (THATS RIGHT I SAID WE) the community has pushed HOME. Not everyone yet the majority of HOME users do. WE WANT THIS, WE WANT THAT... WE WILL PAY THIS AND THAT... They see that you pay for this and that and they know they can get the price... "A fool is soon parted with thier money" 

I did not pay for Xi for personal reasons. Yet if you just wanted a game, that is what you got... a daily game for waht 40 something days? So you got what you paid for. No one said it was going to be the most Epic game ever (no one ever knows when something is gona be a big hit) I warned everyone that Ndreams would find a way to charge us... and they they did... no matter what items you get or trophys you think your gona get... you paid for a game and that is what Ndreams gave you... just a game... with a few things added in, yet they did not give you an experiance... you have to do that on your own with your friends. That is how Xi really worked...

Like Lee is doing, he's haveing fun with the game. 

Xi was not cooked up in some lab, it was not thought of by some big wig company CEO (even if patrick is a CEO, I know for a fact that Xi was not just his idea) Xi was made by a group of gamers who wanted to do something for a friend and thier community. Some where along the line, some of the people lost thier way, and we get what we had here in 09... a game called Xi. 

Anyway, back to what I was saying... Take a Step back everyone... ya Xi 2 is a huge let down... well what did you expect from a company that builds on something that was not fully just thiers to begin with? Joey even said it himself, he did not work on Xi. So you have new people trying to make something just as good as the first (if thats even what they were trying to do?) or another way to look at it is... WE kept asking for Xi 2... they gave us Xi2 because we asked... They have to make a living, and thats what they are doing... Its a Whole nother Story when you get someone like Lee who is making his own game for amusment and not money... Like Lair for instance... great group of gamers making games for gamers out of Love for gaming, thats were good games come from... Love of Gaming, not Love of Money or trophys.

Im not sure if I should be more dissapointed with Xi and the Ndreams Crew (esspeically with my history with the subject and game) or if I should be more dissapointed in the commuinty I stand with that is complaining because of the lack of objects like shirts and trophys. And even if the game sucks worse then any other game... you should still be having fun with your Friends... screw everything else... 

It's not about the Trophy's, not about the Rewards or HOME content... Its HOW YOU play the game... Its how YOU interact with your buddys while gaming... its about the journey to the end of the game... that is what made Xi fun, that is what made making Xi fun... You know I have not seen one Party come out of this Game... by this time in Xi there must have been a hundred partys already... Wake up and smell the nasty corprate coffee Sony and Ndreams is shoving in our face... wake up and look at the person next to you playing the game... 

Take a page from Lees book, take a page from Lair, take a page from Angels and Demons... Have some party's, Play with Friends... Make your own mini games... No one said you HAD to buy Xi 2... I have been one of the Largest supporters of the game from 09, and I didn't buy into this... Cause I somehow knew it would not live up to my standards. Yet I am still here, trying my best to help when and where I can... Don't complain about what you don't have that was not promised. Enjoy what you do have... Make the best of it. 

I am not saying dont give honest feedback, if you don't like the game, let Sony and Ndreams know it, yet don't blame them cause its not the same as Xi... Even though Xi was the foundation, it was not the Devs and Xi story that truely made Xi the experiance it was... The People and FRIENDS made Xi the experiance we remember and yourn for... Make it yours... don't expect them to put it in your lap and say here, this is yours. It never works that way... 

Xi was made by people who took something from practically nothing and made a Game to remember, yet with out us the People Playing, Xi would have been just another collection of code and words lost in the Sea of Information. WE are the key to games like XI... WE are the fuel that feeds the fire. True the devs write this and that... yet with out us, who would they be writing code for. Enjoy the "US" and take pride in being part of something more then just "YOU" take the game and make it yours to share with your friends... Don't just look for the hollow crap... then you will just leave the experiance feeling hollow cause you didn't get your "Trophy"

Photobucket
Message 1278 of 1,743 (287 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Hey guys.....I am still waiting on Stabler to go Kaaaabloooweeeeee....lol Smiley Happy 

This pic I took last year and I wanted to post it xox

EatFlamingDeath ain't got nothing on me......lol Smiley Happy 

Spoiler
I saw this today and I thought it was strange. I had to redownload the world of Xi-C from my personal space b4 i entered it...weird eh...Why would I need to redownload the space earlier tonight. Its been close to 2hrs since I was there. So I took pics and I wanted to post it here guys. The 1st pic is taken from the top of the Stonehenge btw. The other one is taken right in front of it. Smiley Happy 
Spoiler
To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 1279 of 1,743 (284 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Agree.. we all discuss this amongst those friends who play it also..

Spoiler
I know todays Day 35 mission will be talked about..

So lets enjoy what we paid and make the best of it. Do look forward to more after this episode is done and I'm sure Ndreams will listed to those in the Community who are playing.

Message 1280 of 1,743 (272 Views)