I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 13, 2013
It's in Day 30's e-mail. At the end of "Open Letter".
Message 1251 of 1,743 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Thanks Lee

Message 1252 of 1,743 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 14, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
I agree. The "new story" sounds suspect. I think it's a red herring to make us stop questioning Axiom's motives.

This new story may be bogus but it does explain a lot. I always suspected that we were recruited more for dealing with the Continuum than with EFD. I've put together a rough (very rough) timeline of the events leading up to Xi: Continuum and have some new theories. The order of events may be off somewhat as we don't have a lot to go on.

Spoiler
  • Original Xi begins, Home users recruited to solve the mystery of Xi.
  • Xi ends, revealed to be recruitment exercise.
  • One recruit ends association with Jess under unrevealed circumstances, will later become EFD (speculation based on comments on Twitter and elsewhere).
  • AS0 creates Quinta Essentia space.
  • Others invited into space, among them is the person who will be known as EFD.
  • AS0, feeling the space is not being used as they envisioned, destroys Quinta Essentia.
  • AS0 creates the Continuum.
  • Quinta Essentia fragments scattered around the Continuum.
  • EFD given access to Continuum via "back door" by unknown person or group.
  • EFD forms Hole in the Firewall Gang.
  • Unknown organization, possibly criminal, gains access to space (refer to Jess' comments on Day 1 regarding light people). (speculation based on Day 1 and 32 information)
  • EFD begins vandalizing Home, exceeds Xi security measures.
  • Axiom begins investigation and while tracking EFD discovers the Continuum.
  • Axiom activates former Xi Operatives and recruits new ones to investigate the Continuum.
  • Xi: Continuum begins.

EFD mentioned that there was more going on then we knew. If she is part of this criminal organization, then she is using them for her own purposes. It would be foolish of her to bring so much attention to the Continuum and possibly expose them. Instead, I think she is looking for revenge against the AS0’s for destroying Quinta Essentia. She vandalized Home to attract the attention of Axiom and then purposely led them to the Continuum in the hopes that they would take out the AS0’s.

This criminal organization may also explain why Axiom is so determined to stop the bomb. The Continuum may be the only way for Axiom to track them down.

So the question is who provided this organization and EFD with access? Was it the missing Merylsilvertongue? 

I was just thinking today that Attention Span Zero is abbreviated as AS0. The S is similar to a Z. Replace the S with Z and you get AZ0: Alphazone 0. That last one might be a bit of a stretch. Smiley LOL

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1253 of 1,743 (644 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Sorry if I'm off topic but the poll is missing and the XI feedback/opinion thread is locked (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/POLL-Feedback-Thread-Xi-Continuum/m-p/390644...

I am ready to vote and my vote is "Xi SUX", so I guess you can put me down as "very disatisfied". I don't think there will be a poll after this debockle is over as many suggested. It wouldn't look pretty. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1254 of 1,743 (586 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I wonder if the last paragraph of the email was made to mock us...
Message 1255 of 1,743 (546 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I can't do spoiler tags so here is my tag.
****SPOILER*****
I only found 2 frags today, not sure how many there are supposed to be. Also got scolded by Jess for visiting bad stapler, when she told me not to. Smiley Sad you all know you did, find me one person who hasn't. Smiley Very Happy
nelsig
Message 1256 of 1,743 (523 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Jan 14, 2013
To add to my last comment, I also had a little mini dance party with stapler for a "good-bye" party and the continuum did not blow up, I repeat, DID NOT blow up! Smiley Very Happy
nelsig
Message 1257 of 1,743 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I don't think Lee's "game" is hurting anything! His comments help keep this post up top of the postings and they add a different demention to this whole chase....let them be!
Message 1258 of 1,743 (496 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 14, 2013

UPDATED OP              

Updated
           FRAGMENTS           
map

Updated
            MISSIONS             
 to Day 34

Video Walkthroughs to Day 33

(credit: Stryctnin & http://pshomegazette.com/)                         

VLR
Message 1259 of 1,743 (472 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

hyperkane wrote:
Sorry if I'm off topic but the poll is missing and the XI feedback/opinion thread is locked (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/POLL-Feedback-Thread-Xi-Continuum/m-p/390644...

I am ready to vote and my vote is "Xi SUX", so I guess you can put me down as "very disatisfied". I don't think there will be a poll after this debockle is over as many suggested. It wouldn't look pretty. Smiley Indifferent

I have to agree kane. I had hopes initially that it would turn into something more than this--I even gave it a chance until now. This is nothing more than reading a disjointed, rambling and incoherent story everyday (which I don't even bother with at this point) and grabbing fragments after the Continuum space finally loads. This "game" sure doesn't deserve to have Xi in the title as it is absoutely NOTHING compared to the original. Obviously, they did that for marketing purposes because so much attention was received by the original, but it's a disgrace imo.

I will say the spaces themselves are well designed, but that's really the only positive thing I can say about it. Apparently nDreams has a new approach to rewards in Home, because Savage Manor didn't have any, Blueprint doesn't that I know of, FUBAR has a few that are in a word....lame, and now Continuum with nothing more than apartment expansions so far. This might be something for nDreams to take note of--basic entertainment and rewards are huge reasons why many people use Home.

Sorry, but there is no way that I would buy a 2nd installment of this train wreck if that's what they are setting us up for. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 1260 of 1,743 (466 Views)